Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laws of the Game 2019/20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laws of the Game 2019/20
    Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:49pm
A breakdown on all the new tweaks to the laws, and clear directives being given to referees for the 2019/20 season on situations like handball, offside etc.

http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/791/171520_110319_IFAB_LoG_changes_and_clarifications.pdf

The video clips are very useful, especially around handball situations.

Can a mod make this a sticky? It would be helpful for future reference points. If this is the wrong section for it, please feel free to move it.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 20 Jun 2019 at 10:18pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:54pm
About 35 clicks to the right is the handball section. I would ask Planning specifically to read through this section time and again. It would clear up a number of issues from this season. These are just directives to clarify and enshrine what was already in place around handball situations. Now, they are giving exact examples of which calls are handball offenses and which are not.

Rose for Spurs vs Man City - clear penalty due to ball hitting his arm while making his body bigger

Kimpembe vs Man United - clear penalty due to ball hitting his arm while above shoulder/head height

Sissoko vs Liverpool CL Final - No penalty should be awarded as ball hits Sissokos chest first. Cannot be a penalty.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:05pm
I wasn't aware going forward that if the ball hits the ref and the opposition get it, he will stop the play and drop the ball. Think they overthink a lot of this stuff. The ref was always part of the play, no problem with it imo.

A lot of text and video examples above but nothing on offside I could spot. Very strange as they've tweaked the interfering with play directive also now, where a player in an offside position must actually touch the ball for it to be deemed as interfering with play. A truly awful change to a law that is already applied in a shambolic way. USA 2nd goal vs Sweden in womens world cup and Greeces goal against Ireland in the Euro 17s being good examples of this. Ridiculous really.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 20 Jun 2019 at 10:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic