You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLate Late Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late Late Show
    Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 4:09pm

I know we all HATE the Plank on this forum, but while on the computer I have the TV above me and some absolutel SPA has been on impersonating Brian Cowen and he is absolutley abysmal.  THE singularly most unfunny thing I think I have ever seen on any station, never mind RTE.  Our licence fee goes towards this garbage.  I'm astonished, embarrassed and furious at the one time.  I think I'll talk to Joe about this.......disgraceful sh*te, absolutely disgraceful. Angry

I'm gonna mail RTE now I'm so fookin angry.

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 10 Oct 2008 at 4:15pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 5:34pm
do FW

I'm going soon for the laugh cant waitClap
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Billy O'Toole Billy O'Toole wrote:

do FW

I'm going soon for the laugh cant waitClap
Are you a guest or in the audience Billy ?
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 3:11pm
a guest only Justice
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
Bondvillain View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I have the TV above me and some absolutel SPA has been on impersonating Brian Cowen and he is absolutley abysmal.  THE singularly most unfunny thing I think I have ever seen on any station, never mind RTE.  Our licence fee goes towards this garbage.  I'm astonished, embarrassed and furious at the one time.

I was watching Mad Men on rte2 tonight and flicked over to rte1 in the break. My eyes are still bleeding.  The Repeat of the LLS was on, and Kenny was interviewing what appeared to be a handicapped man wearing women's make up and a “Tops of the Towns” quality “businessman’s costume” and wig.  Assuming it was Ireland's first special needs transvestite, I gave it a second to watch the car crash unfold as Kenny asked the “serious” questions.

Alas, it was not Ireland’s first special needs transvestite. It was the aforementioned “comedian” pretending to be An Taoiseach.

I didn't actually realise this until Pat had referred to him twice by name, (actually, in fairness to Kenny, I think he knew it was a crap impersonation, as he reiterated several times for the audience, just in case we hadn’t got it , that he was currently talking to  “The Taoiseach”. )

My god that was piss poor. Really, piss poor. For an impersonation to work, you generally need two of the following three things :

1- You need to look like the person

2- You need to sound like the person

3- You need to be funny.

Three out of three means you're watching the best in the business.

Two out of three means you're watching a competent , entertaining impersonator.

One out of three means you've caught Oliver Callan from Nob Nation on a good day when he's doing one of the four voices he's not bad at, (but still isn't funny)  and

Zero out of three means you've just watched some no-hoper puffing out his lips on the late late show neither sounding nor looking like his intended victim.

Bizarre, unfunny and offensive to the senses.

Your licence fee is €160 a year ladies and gentlemen. When the licence man calls, tell him you haven't got one because you're so offended at the quality of the Late late show of the 10th Oct 2008 that you're f*cked if you think they can be trusted with your money any more - there's not a judge in the world would convict you after seeing the evidence.

After seeing Peter Kay do proper comedy on Channel 4 last night, that muck was a thorough embarrassment. If a foreigner was to judge me as a person solely on my counties comedy output, I would rather tell them that I was German rather than Irish on the off chance that he may have seen  that vile bucket of horsewank.

Between (a) this sh*t; (b) The “How low can you go” arsemonkeys (Who seemingly think that Flaming homosexuality and lots of shouting are acceptable substitutes for a script and some jokes when trying to create an Irish version of Extras crossed with The Office); and (c) that annoying bint Katherine Lynch somehow managing to get a second “comedy” series on rte (you know the one – “Ahm a knacker. Ah talk in a funnay knacker vice. Ha ha ha . Im a great laff. Knackers. Hiaces. Joe Dolan. Ha ha ha”  - Oh DO F*ck off. ) it’s hard to believe that this country managed to produce the likes of Dave Allen, Dermot Morgan, Linehan and Matthews etc etc etc. Rte's light "entertainment" department deserve to be cannonblasted with hardened balls of human sh*te for attempting to passing this drivel off as broadcast quality.

Forza Verde!
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 9:35pm
agreed BV, i havnt watched the late late since the 1st of the series when they had that shocking version of bohemian rapsody in which i even wrote to brian may to tell him how they savaged it (he never replied) since that show in wexford. Mick Wallace (wexford youths manager) revealed how the wexford gaelic football, hurling,camogie and womens gaelic football teams all were invited to the one off show but the wexford football team were ignored despite the fact they got to the league cup final this year. I refuse to watch the late late show ever again. even if elvis makes a comeback! and the late late show will go down as my League of Ireland list of enemies.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 4:39am
Bondvillain, that is absolutely magnificent!!!  LOLClap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 8:17am
Well put BondVillian, there are loads of good comedians in this country, and they are overlooked for utter cabbages like the aformentioned impersonator (which I had the fortune of missing)...

I know of a bunch of comedians who had their pilot aired on Channel 4 a few months back- no surprises-RTE didn't run with it
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 7:30am
for anyone who missed it...

ALAN SHORTT & PAKIE O'CALLAGHAN

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 8:26am
Can't open the Link but that Alan Shortt fella was funny in Bull Island which was on years ago. Think yer man O'Callaghan played Charlie McCreavey back in that Bull Island but can't remember if he was funny or not.

Can I just add that yer wan Maeve Higgins ( Naked Camera) is argueably the most unfunny comedian that Ireland has ever produced
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 6:10am
Gerry RyanAngry Standing in for Pat the PlankAngryAngry on the Late Late Show
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 6:37am
Ha ha, yeah seen that, even more reason to avoid this sh*te.  Fookers still haven't replied to me complaint, which they're supposed to under their complaints procedure.  Think I'll put a hot poker through my nether regions than watch that pompous baboon stand in for the Plank.  Thumbs%20Down
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:15am
Angry gerry ryan gobsh*teCensored
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Bondvillain View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:26am
Once again, the Irish public are being punished because the director general of Rté is determined to make "G" Ryan work for his one hundred MEEELION dollar per year salary.

It's not our fault that the Rté accountants decided to give this slightly embarrassing middle aged man with a fixation on womens underwear and the menopause a ridiculous amount of money to be the main anchor of the country's 'Youth' station, but it's us that has to suffer because they have to make him do extra work on television to make the stupidly high payment look like value for money. "G" Ryan is probably the only name that I couldn't honestly say "Still, anyones better than Pat Bloody Kenny, eh?" in response to.

Still, the timing suits the dirty old businessman down to the ground. I wonder will he interview himself to plug his own 'silk stocking filler' book?
Forza Verde!
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:28am
anyone who watches the late late (Apart from toy show) deserves to be punished with gerry ryan

Anyone know when the toy shows on this year?

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:38am

Toy show not even worth a sh*te anymore cos of the Plank.......and anyone who buys G.Ryan's book is a spa.

GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:42am
through the toy show, the Plank traumatises future generations of our poor children.Censored
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 8:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic