You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lad looking for old VHS of matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 3:25pm
Surely RTE would have most if not all of the games, well the ones that made it to VHS. Would they supply them?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 3:38pm
Vallo88 is putting all the games onto a site 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Lads looking for old vhs tapes of old Irish matches. Move on lads.Its history.Let it go.

Says the man who collects football jerseys from when we played in 1804 against a Lancashire XI
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Lads looking for old vhs tapes of old Irish matches. Move on lads.Its history.Let it go.

Says the man who collects football jerseys from when we played in 1804 against a Lancashire XI
I assumed that was the joke.LOL
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:05pm

I was going to say. I hope that comment was made with a heavy dose of irony.
@AntrimMan85
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 4:16pm

Jesus lassassinblanc caught hook line and sinker on that one.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

maurodk View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maurodk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 11:03pm
Hello!

Im a collector from Denmark. I have all the matches between Ireland and Denmark since 1984 and a few other youth matches. Can anyone tell me if there is possible to find there in Ireland the match from 1979 Ireland 2-Denmark 0 Euro Qualifier??? A tricky one I know... Does also anyone know if the channel RTE sells copies from their archives??? Thanks for your time!
killianM2 Youtube View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killianM2 Youtube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 6:15pm
Looking for the RTE coverage of the England game in 88' (studio analysis with Giles and Givens)
If anyone has a copy on video or DVD. I just have the pre-match stuff, but I was contacted by a company doing a documentary on Johnny Giles and they asked me if I had the full coverage, sadly I don't. It seems RTE have the studio stuff but it has bad audio and makes it unusable.
As it's a commercial release I might be able to negotiate a few quid for your trouble if you have it.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 8:59am
Originally posted by killianM2 Youtube killianM2 Youtube wrote:

Looking for the RTE coverage of the England game in 88' (studio analysis with Giles and Givens)
If anyone has a copy on video or DVD. I just have the pre-match stuff, but I was contacted by a company doing a documentary on Johnny Giles and they asked me if I had the full coverage, sadly I don't. It seems RTE have the studio stuff but it has bad audio and makes it unusable.
As it's a commercial release I might be able to negotiate a few quid for your trouble if you have it.

I take it you're the chap that has the Channel with all the old TV adverts on his youtube station. I quite often find myself looking at old RTE adverts from 1991.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 9:11am
Yeah great YouTube channel Killian.
killianM2 Youtube View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killianM2 Youtube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 7:45pm
Thanks, but why 1991?

Still no luck sourcing that England 88 tape, hopefully it'll turn up.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 3:55pm
Hell of a twitter argument brewing right now between this lad, Ewan MacKenna, and Miguel Delaney that's escalated to legal threats all started because of a provocative tweet from MacKenna about Bohs and Izzy Akinade!
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:03pm
Link?

Can't find it on either Twitter page.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:07pm
So the lads are arguing over old Irleand matches on VHS Confused

I must be missing something here 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Link?

Can't find it on either Twitter page.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/895674535906648066
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:30pm
Original tweet from mackenna
https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/895674535906648066?s=09

If you scroll thru either of their timelines you'll find them replying to one another over it.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:44pm
Good to see the old racism is as popular as ever in Ireland anyway.

"Bring 3rd world savages into your community - get 3rd world results. Enjoy the increasing multiculturalism and diversity."

"He's just another feral Nigerian muslim rapist"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic