You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lad looking for old VHS of matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lad looking for old VHS of matches
    Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 1:06pm
Can't find the original thread from a while back, but there was a lad looking for old VHS videos of Ireland matches to transfer them to DVD. At the time I said I had a good few matches recorded and would root them out and get in touch...well better late than neverEmbarrassed If anyone can recall who it was or if the lad himself still posts or lurks, let me know please. Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 2:52pm
Bump. 

I can't find the thread that had some lad who was putting all the old games up online - any help to that site or threadThumbs Up
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 3:11pm
In work so cannot access youtube to provide links. 

A channel called SP1873 has nearly every Ireland game for the past 30 years on it. It has thousands of other games on it though so can be hard to find exactly what you're looking for. Just search "Hungary v Rep of Ireland 1991" for example and you'll be find it.

Another channel called KillianM2 has tons of old Ireland games.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 3:30pm
https://media4.giphy.com/media/Kx9dQ36ajqzug/200_s.gif
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Great book, awful film.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Great book, awful film.

Book is amazing, Film could have been much better but enjoyable at parts
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Can't find the original thread from a while back, but there was a lad looking for old VHS videos of Ireland matches to transfer them to DVD. At the time I said I had a good few matches recorded and would root them out and get in touch...well better late than neverEmbarrassed If anyone can recall who it was or if the lad himself still posts or lurks, let me know please. Thumbs Up

It wasnt me but id be very interested in getting whatever you have.

Im in the process of convertering my own and gathering as much footage as possible from Matches, pre/post analysis, fan coverage, documentaries.. the whole lot. With the intention of creating a video archive site to preserve it all before it gets lost for good.

I was, and will be creating a thread here giving more information about the site and looking for more content.

Just sorting out niggling issues with getting the site up and running at the moment.

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:36pm
any sign of the fly on the wall doc on Brian Kerr during the 2006 World Cup Qualifers ??? think it was called 
'Final Words Brian Kerr' 

I saw the Faroe Islands one they done
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

any sign of the fly on the wall doc on Brian Kerr during the 2006 World Cup Qualifers ??? think it was called 
'Final Words Brian Kerr' 

Twas Finals words... been searching for years for it
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:21pm
While looking for something else just now found this by accident, full Ireland v USSR match from Euro 88, to young to remember it at the time. Was meant to be the finest Irish performance. Never saw it myself so will have a watch

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

'Final Words Brian Kerr' 

Twas Finals words... been searching for years for it

i'll go through them tomorrow if i get time and list out what I have.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 4:01pm
The Road To Italy
The Road To America
The Road To Asia
The Charlton Years
Apres Match Live At The Olympia

World Cup 94 Qualifiers:
Ireland v Latvia
The North of Ireland v Ireland
Ireland v Lithuania

World Cup USA 94
V Italy
V Norway
V Holland

Euro 96 Qualifiers
H v Portugal
A v The North
H v The North

World Cup 98 Qualifiers
H v Macedonia
A v Leichenstein

Finally, the 'friendly' vs The Tans 1995

Edited by Sham157 - 11 Mar 2017 at 9:34pm
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:19pm

The Road To Italy
The Road To America
The Road To Asia
The Charlton Years
Apres Match Live At The Olympia

World Cup 94 Qualifiers:
Ireland v Latvia
The North of Ireland v Ireland

World Cup USA 94
V Italy
V Norway
V Holland

Euro 96 Qualifiers
H v Portugal
H v Lithuania
A v The North
H v The North

World Cup 98 Qualifiers
H v Macedonia
A v Leichenstein

Finally, the 'friendly' vs The Tans 1995

Think that should be Latvia right, 2-1 after our Austria defeats? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:32pm
Good spot, its actually the 94 Qualifier match
deniro View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deniro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 8:04am
I probably have most games on VHS from 1990-96. If anyone is interested in taking them on to convert to DVD drop me a PM
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

It wasnt me but id be very interested in getting whatever you have.

Im in the process of convertering my own and gathering as much footage as possible from Matches, pre/post analysis, fan coverage, documentaries.. the whole lot. With the intention of creating a video archive site to preserve it all before it gets lost for good.

I was, and will be creating a thread here giving more information about the site and looking for more content.

Just sorting out niggling issues with getting the site up and running at the moment.

I'll pm you Valo - as ybig can help you with it and promting the site when it's launched etc etc 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:13am
Bump

Wanna get dvds of old matches myself

Sham..have you converted to DVD?
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 1:17pm
Lads looking for old vhs tapes of old Irish matches. Move on lads.Its history.Let it go.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic