Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 39>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 11:51am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Odegaard to Arsenal for 35m, Varane to United for 40+, and the wages of Ramos off the books help with the transfer but it's still a lot for a club with "financial troubles".

35m for Odegaard. not sure what he has done to justify that price tag but Madrid should be well pleased. Hes done nothing of any real note. Never justified his reputation.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Hard to see this happening, suits both Real and Mbappe to wait another year when he will go on a free. 
PSG should be biting their arm off for 160m instead of rejecting it, if that was the case. 

Would agree, talk of Ronaldo going to PSG if it goes ahead as well which would be interesting
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Odegaard to Arsenal for 35m, Varane to United for 40+, and the wages of Ramos off the books help with the transfer but it's still a lot for a club with "financial troubles".

35m for Odegaard. not sure what he has done to justify that price tag but Madrid should be well pleased. Hes done nothing of any real note. Never justified his reputation.

Don't disagree. But when Arsenal have paid roughly the same amount for a goalkeeper who has been relegated in his last 3 seasons with a view to making him the number 1 keeper at the club, it's hardly a surprise Real got that much for Odegaard.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Hard to see this happening, suits both Real and Mbappe to wait another year when he will go on a free. 
PSG should be biting their arm off for 160m instead of rejecting it, if that was the case. 

Would agree, talk of Ronaldo going to PSG if it goes ahead as well which would be interesting

Could you have Ronaldo and Messi and Neymar in the one team? LOL im not sure. could you have them all in the one dressing room? im not sure either. be fun to watch though.
I love beer gardens
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:32pm

Don't disagree. But when Arsenal have paid roughly the same amount for a goalkeeper who has been relegated in his last 3 seasons with a view to making him the number 1 keeper at the club, it's hardly a surprise Real got that much for Odegaard.
He was quality at Real Sociedad. Not that high a fee these days. He’ll end up better value than the majority of Arsenal’s signings.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:34pm

possibly. i dont think its a great signing for Arsenal. hes the type of player i don't see lasting long there or anywhere in the PL. if i was spending 35-40 mill i would want more. A bit like Januzaj who has made a decent career in Spain but never lived up to his reputation.
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:44pm

Didn't they pay 15m more than that for a defender who already looks like he's going to have a similar career to Rob Holding and Calum Chambers?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:53pm
At this moment in time, I hope White wins as many FA cups as Holding has LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:57pm
Arsenals recruitment has been pretty poor, Odegaard isn’t as bad a signing as White or Ramsdale though. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Arsenals recruitment has been pretty poor, Odegaard isn’t as bad a signing as White or Ramsdale though. 

They sign players they don't really need. 
Odegaard was there last season and didn't make them any better. Ramsdale is a dodgy keeper, they already have one of those. 
Don't know much about White but £53m seems a lot. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Madrid make a €160 million bid for Mbappe. 
So much for those financial troubles!
Shirt sales ready i would say .
Shirt sales funding transfers are an urban myth pedalled by Sports bible & other sh*te sources. 
The only ones to benefit immediately from shirt sales are the manufacturer
Yeah I read that analysis too
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 8:31pm
Great win for Osasuna. 2-1 down in injury time and turned it around for a 3-2 win away to Cadiz. 

As You Were
Three in a row
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:06pm
Anyone know much about the right back Emerson Royal that Spurs are signing from Barcelona. He was at Betis on loan. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Anyone know much about the right back Emerson Royal that Spurs are signing from Barcelona. He was at Betis on loan. 

Yea he’s quality, would be surprised if Barca let him go.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 8:54pm
have Barca thrown in the towel? Luke de jong😩😩
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 9:19pm
Griezemann away back to Atletico and Saul Niguez to Chelsea on loan
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:11pm
Always wanted Saul at United, another season of Fred in the midfield, yeaaaaa! They have Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic and still strengthened their midfield.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 11:41pm
Osasuna win again. Great start to the season.

Falcao back amongst the goals at Rayo as well Cool

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 39>
  Share Topic