Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 39>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 10:24pm
Barca are back baby

Cool
Cool
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Barca are back baby

Cool
Cool

Winning La Liga would only be papering over the cracks, the same would go for Real Madrid as the quality of the league is at it's lowest in years.

Both sides are finished as truly top sides for the moment at least imo.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Barca are back baby

Cool
Cool

Winning La Liga would only be papering over the cracks, the same would go for Real Madrid as the quality of the league is at it's lowest in years.

There is a lot of young talent at Barca at the moment.

As You Were
Three in a row
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 10:53pm

Barca are back baby

Cool
Cool

Perhaps, but most of that right now is merely potential bar the obvious one Fati. Puig, Trincao, Pedri, Moriba etc wouldn't exactly strike fear into your heart right now and Ajax sold Dest because they had a ready made replacement for him, you know?  I mean most big clubs would have a lot of young talent, I mean we could say the same about Man United, Chelsea, Bayern, Dortmund, Real etc.

The fact that Messi, Pique, Busquets, Alba etc careers are all coming to an end with no money to replace them is very worrying.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 11:20pm

Barca are back baby

Cool
Cool

Perhaps, but most of that right now is merely potential bar the obvious one Fati. Puig, Trincao, Pedri, Moriba etc wouldn't exactly strike fear into your heart right now and Ajax sold Dest because they had a ready made replacement for him, you know?  I mean most big clubs would have a lot of young talent, I mean we could say the same about Man United, Chelsea, Bayern, Dortmund, Real etc.

The fact that Messi, Pique, Busquets, Alba etc careers are all coming to an end with no money to replace them is very worrying.
I don’t think it’s as bad as you’re making out. There’s been a serious improvement since Christmas, bar the 1st leg against PSG. Pique and Busquets are already finished. Pedri & Fati look top class. I like what I’ve seen of Moriba so far. Time will tell with Dest, Trincao, Minguesa and Puig. De Jong is still very young also.

On top of that, I don’t think we’re in exactly a golden age of football at the moment.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:36am
I’m with Franko here! They have more quality young players breaking through than any club in Europe. Messi is still one of the top 3 best players in the world and has been in brilliant form recently, Griezmann seems to have settled too, they also have one the best goalkeepers in the world! Barca’s great demise was exaggerated.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 22 Mar 2021 at 10:37am
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:53am
Barca play when Messi wants to. They were excellent away to PSG and should have won and for a bit of wayward shooting from Dembele could have been 2-0 up at half time and then PSG would have sh*t the pants as usual, especially as they have the serial failure of a manager Pochettino. 

They would be as well selling Messi and rebuilding while giving responsibilities to the other talented players.   
It would damage this forums' reputation
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 10:25am
Let Christy Take It.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 8:11pm
A big week for AM, they have Sevilla away tomorrow and Real Betis next week. Still have a 3 point lead but they will need 4 points from those 2 games IMO. 

Real play Barca next Sunday.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:11pm
AM lost 1 0 to Sevilla tonight has their bottle gone?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:17pm
The momentum swung in Barca and Real's favour a long time ago. I think the writing's on the wall.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:25am
I backed Barca around Christmas for the title. They were 6/1. They’re now 5/6 favs.

Atlético 13/10. Real 3/1. El Clásico next weekend as well ClapClapClap

As You Were
Three in a row
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:07am

I backed Barca around Christmas for the title. They were 6/1. They’re now 5/6 favs.

Atlético 13/10. Real 3/1. El Clásico next weekend as well ClapClapClap

Good bet Franko.

AM have been dropping points since Feb. I doubt they have won more than 2 games in a row.

I’m still hoping they win it but I wouldn’t bet on it. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 9:43am
Simeone’s team selections the past couple of months has been baffling! For the highest paid manager in the world, the title should have been sewn up! Disappointing Champions League campaign alongside a possible title collapse will not look good.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 9:53pm
Barca beat Real Valladolid after the ref sends off a Real Valladolid player for no reason.

Ermm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:00pm
Scissor tackle on Dembélé was the reason for the red card.

Great finish from Dembélé for the winner also. Massive win for Barcelona.

As You Were
Three in a row
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:20am

Scissor tackle on Dembélé was the reason for the red card.

Great finish from Dembélé for the winner also. Massive win for Barcelona.

Huge win Barca unbeaten in 19 la Liga games.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Simeone's....    ... the highest paid manager in the world

Hadn't heard that.

At least partly explains why he hasn't been poached by an even bigger club than Atletico.

Edited by Territorial - 06 Apr 2021 at 3:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 39>
  Share Topic