Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 39>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Yeah, he had Betis playing very well. Won at Camp Nou and Bernabeu with Betis as well. He actually has a contract until end of 21/22 season.

Still think Valverde has been treated very harshly.

Disagree, the way Barca went out of the Champions League over the past two seasons was embarrassing, Fair enough he won 2 titles but the style of football was poor and think he has the worst win percentage record of the 5 previous managers.

Setien is a great appointment, his Betis side were a joy to watch and he had Betis playing the way Barca should be playing.
He won 2 out of 2 league titles. Currently top of the league and won a tough group in the Champions League. The least he deserved was to keep the job until the end of the season. I read last night that he has the highest win percentage of any Barca manager. He nearly had an unbeaten season the year before last. Lost the 37th league match 5-4 to Levante. The board made him drop Messi for that match so he could play in a midweek friendly match in Qatar or somewhere like that. I also think he only lost two Champions League matches.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 12:59pm

Yeah, he had Betis playing very well. Won at Camp Nou and Bernabeu with Betis as well. He actually has a contract until end of 21/22 season.

Disagree, the way Barca went out of the Champions League over the past two seasons was embarrassing, Fair enough he won 2 titles but the style of football was poor and think he has the worst win percentage record of the 5 previous managers.

Setien is a great appointment, his Betis side were a joy to watch and he had Betis playing the way Barca should be playing.
He won 2 out of 2 league titles. Currently top of the league and won a tough group in the Champions League. The least he deserved was to keep the job until the end of the season. I read last night that he has the highest win percentage of any Barca manager. He nearly had an unbeaten season the year before last. Lost the 37th league match 5-4 to Levante. The board made him drop Messi for that match so he could play in a midweek friendly match in Qatar or somewhere like that. I also think he only lost two Champions League matches.

Well that's not true, I know Luis Enrique, Pep and Tito all had a superior win percentage.

The second point may be correct but when you consider the total embarrassment of the defeats to Roma and Liverpool I don't think you can give him credit for his Champions League record.

Real Madrid are nowhere near the team they were a few seasons ago and they are separated by goal difference this season, it was definitely the right call to sack him now as things were stagnating.  
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 1:04pm

Well that's not true, I know Luis Enrique, Pep and Tito all had a superior win percentage.

The second point may be correct but when you consider the total embarrassment of the defeats to Roma and Liverpool I don't think you can give him credit for his Champions League record.

Real Madrid are nowhere near the team they were a few seasons ago and they are separated by goal difference this season, it was definitely the right call to sack him now as things were stagnating.  
He's got a 67% win percentage. What are the prevoius 4 managers win percentages so? 

As You Were
Three in a row
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 3:43pm
Tired of Real and Barca dominating the league, so hopefully Atletico and Sevilla can stop dropping silly points, get over 80 points and at least keep the pressure on the other two.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 12:10pm
Real Madrid now three points clear at the top of La Liga Barca need to win tonight.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:21pm
Barca making hard work of it against Granda tonight still 0 0.

Edited by Double Maxim - 19 Jan 2020 at 9:41pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:53pm
Ricqui Puig looked absolutely class when he came on tonight. Looks the real deal.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:55pm
Cometh the hour cometh the man Messi got the winner.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 12:44pm
Atletico not impressive at all here 
0-0 at home to Leganes with five minutes left
Liverpool will have too much for them 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 1:00pm
The Leganes keeper there LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 1:18pm
Pity it didn’t go on a bit longer
Always like to see an outfield player called into action in goals 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:35pm
Someone in Barca's Medical Department should be updating his CV, and very soon:

Ousmane Dembele: Barcelona winger tears hamstring on return to training

Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele, who has not played since November, has suffered a serious hamstring tear on his return to training.

The France international, 22, pulled out of training on Monday.

The club said tests have revealed "a complete proximal hamstring tear in his right thigh".

Dembele was making his comeback from a muscle injury in his right thigh sustained against Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League on 27 November.

Barcelona added they would shortly decide "on the treatment to be followed for his recovery".

Spanish outlet Marca said Dembele will now miss the rest of the season.
caseballs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caseballs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:43pm
Talking potentially 6-12 months recovery for that injury apparently. I think Dembele is finished at Barcelona now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:51pm
Real knocked out earlier and Barca about to be, in the Copa Del Rey tonight
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:12pm
Athletic, Sociedad, Mirandes and Granada the 4 semi finalists, hopefully an all Basque final
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:46pm
Great to see both Barca and Real knocked out for a change. 

I think they reformatted that cup so there'd only be two legs in the semis and the smaller teams had home advantage in the earlier rounds. Open to correction on this. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Athletic, Sociedad, Mirandes and Granada the 4 semi finalists, hopefully an all Basque final

Mirandes are right on the border of the Basque Country as well. Now they wouldn't exactly characterise themselves as Basque but they are right there.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Great to see both Barca and Real knocked out for a change

I think they reformatted that cup so there'd only be two legs in the semis and the smaller teams had home advantage in the earlier rounds. Open to correction on this. 

Yeah only the semi finals have 2 legs now.
They have a seeding system. 

But Real don’t give a crap about it.
I think it’s 2 wins in the last 25 years.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 06 Feb 2020 at 11:13pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 39>
  Share Topic