Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 40>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 10:54pm
Messi was a disgrace tonight. Barca very poor. Espanyol deserved the draw.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 04 Jan 2020 at 10:54pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 1:14pm
Can Atletico Madrid improve in the 2nd half of the season and win the league? Neither Barca or Madrid have looked too impressive, and with AM having lots of new players etc..a settled team an all that?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Can Atletico Madrid improve in the 2nd half of the season and win the league? Neither Barca or Madrid have looked too impressive, and with AM having lots of new players etc..a settled team an all that?

I can see a repeat of 15/16 season when it’s finished very close at the top.
Difference between Barca 1st and AM 3rd was only 3 pts.
AM lead at the 1/2 stage. 

Barca are desperate for the champions league. One win (&Final) in 8 years is very poor for a team like that.
Messi won’t be around forever. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 3:57pm
Ateltico aren’t good enough anymore. They’re in serious decline. I’d say Jan Oblak is the only reason they’re still in contention.

If Real Madrid get their act together, they should win the league. Barca’s away form is abysmal but they’re very strong at home. 

The league isn’t as strong as it was two years ago and it’s miles behind where it was five years ago.

As You Were
Three in a row
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 8:13pm
They've spent a fortune recently though Frank, albeith they have sold plenty to fund it. Is there defence the weakness now? Or has Simeone run his course as a manager
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Messi was a disgrace tonight. Barca very poor. Espanyol deserved the draw.

Wu Lei Clap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 11:53pm
Just read Valverde has been sacked and Xavi is to announced as new manager tomorrow.

As You Were
Three in a row
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 1:14am

Just read Valverde has been sacked and Xavi is to announced as new manager tomorrow.

Must be the longest walk on the green mile by a manager in history. for 18 months Valverde, the players, and the fans have been waiting for him to be sacked. mes que une club indeed LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 1:34am
Should just appoint Messi as player manager seeing as he runs that team anyway. Xavi as his assistant.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 7:11am

According to some reports Xavi is getting a two and a half year contract.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Must be the longest walk on the green mile by a manager in history. for 18 months Valverde, the players, and the fans have been waiting for him to be sacked. mes que une club indeed LOL

Have to agree, don't know how he survived after the 2nd leg against Liverpool.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:53am
Xavi will be a disastrous appointment. A few matches as manager in the Qatari league is nowhere near enough experience for this job. Miguel Delaney said last night in twitter that he’s been sh*te as manager of Al Saad anyway.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:57pm
Valverde gone. Quique Setien in until the end of the season.

As You Were
Three in a row
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:02pm
He should get them playing some better stuff anyway, his teams are usually very good to watch
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:40am
Yeah, he had Betis playing very well. Won at Camp Nou and Bernabeu with Betis as well. He actually has a contract until end of 21/22 season.

Still think Valverde has been treated very harshly.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 9:54am
Valverde was never popular at Barcelona but the way he was treated was terrible, I'd say Xavi would have loved to take over but obviously had enough respect and integrity towards Valverde not to take the role. 

I agree with Seiten plays decent football, a disciple of Cruyffian ways I seen which should suit Barcelona down to the ground.

Whether he'll see out his 2 and half years though i'm not sure.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 12:15pm

Yeah, he had Betis playing very well. Won at Camp Nou and Bernabeu with Betis as well. He actually has a contract until end of 21/22 season.

Disagree, the way Barca went out of the Champions League over the past two seasons was embarrassing, Fair enough he won 2 titles but the style of football was poor and think he has the worst win percentage record of the 5 previous managers.

Setien is a great appointment, his Betis side were a joy to watch and he had Betis playing the way Barca should be playing.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Disagree, the way Barca went out of the Champions League over the past two seasons was embarrassing, Fair enough he won 2 titles but the style of football was poor and think he has the worst win percentage record of the 5 previous managers.

Setien is a great appointment, his Betis side were a joy to watch and he had Betis playing the way Barca should be playing.

I agree about the manner of the CL exits not good enough for a team like Barca. His days were numbered after that.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 40>
  Share Topic