Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga 2018/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Before we know it someone will think of a league with all the matches spread out across different countries for commercial purposes, and thus killing the buzz of said league and screwing over the fans.

Oh wait...Platini already did this Wink

I'm convinced he's a worse ***t than Blatter ever was. Sepp was really only in it for himself, but because he had all the power, he was able to dictate to the corporates to some extent, and he had some little bit of sense of football history. Not voting for a WC in Qatar for example. 

Platini & Infantino couldn't wait to sell out to the corporates & will happily mess about with every single league or tournament to keep them happy, with even less regard for fans than Blatter had. Sepp told the corporates what to do (and made sure they passed him some envelopes while on their way to doing it) but the corporates are dictating to the new FIFA/UEFA breed what to do. 

Might start a petition to get Sepp reinstated, he was a football man like us, and in comparison to these jokers, a man of the people. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 7:35am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Before we know it someone will think of a league with all the matches spread out across different countries for commercial purposes, and thus killing the buzz of said league and screwing over the fans.

Oh wait...Platini already did this Wink

I'm convinced he's a worse ***t than Blatter ever was. Sepp was really only in it for himself, but because he had all the power, he was able to dictate to the corporates to some extent, and he had some little bit of sense of football history. Not voting for a WC in Qatar for example. 

Platini & Infantino couldn't wait to sell out to the corporates & will happily mess about with every single league or tournament to keep them happy, with even less regard for fans than Blatter had. Sepp told the corporates what to do (and made sure they passed him some envelopes while on their way to doing it) but the corporates are dictating to the new FIFA/UEFA breed what to do. 

Might start a petition to get Sepp reinstated, he was a football man like us, and in comparison to these jokers, a man of the people. 

Spot on. Platini's a ****.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 7:38am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

There's enough clubs in LaLiga with rubbish attendances to entice a few of them to Ameirca for a big money spinner. Won't be the big teams

I can't see it being anything other than a big team going over. It's hardly going to be Levante vs Eibar 

I'd agree with MC
Real/Barca/Atletico are the power 3 in Spain, all sell out their stadium each week with huge attendances and viewing figures. Can't see them giving up a home game.

Any of those teams away games will be the biggest 3 attendances of that team's season, so those teams would kick up a fuss too.

My guess is it'll be a home game of Deportivo, Malaga, Sociadad, with Bilbao, Valencia, Betis as the away team
Two of those are in the Second division LOL

LOLLOL
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 12:58am
Was at Barcelona v Alaves tonight . They parked the bus from minutes one . Dembele looks like has loads of Potential but still a bit raw . Ter Stegan and nothing to two but chipping the on rushing striker was a highlight the game. And well Messi , they don’t call him the GOAT for no reason two class goals and a free kick off the cross bar .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 10:20pm
Fair play to the players, they will probably be talked out of it with a cut of the profits but, for now, they are doing the right thing.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 10:02pm
There might be hope for the game yet. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 11:56pm
SD Huesca Clap

Smallest team to ever play in La Liga. Win their opening game against Eibar, 2-0 down away to Athletico and brings it back to 2-2 with 1 of the best volleys you'll ever see.

Holy sh*t LOL 

Edited by coyne - 28 Aug 2018 at 11:56pm
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:19am
it was Athletic Bilbao. Not Atletico Madrid
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:31am
The mythical Athletico LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 12:46am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

The mythical Athletico LOL
Mythetico
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The big 3 won’t give up a home game but they won’t have a problem playing one of the smaller teams away in a different country.

The smaller team will get a big pay day so it will suit them as well.

The real losers are the local fans of the smaller team. The owners will say the extra revenue justifies it.

Girona v Barcelona in Miami end of Jan.

Girona season tickets can either get 40% discount on season ticket or flights and accommodation for the match.

This could be a historic match.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:57pm
Read the other day that Pique and Busquets will refuse to play in this game, I hope some other players join them. Some coincidence that two Pro Catalan teams are involved.

The whole situation is farcical. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:33pm
just got tickets for the Bernabeu on Saturday Big smile
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 10:48pm
Barca & Real Madrid both losing tonight WTF.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 1:52pm

Greatest league in the world. Anyone can beat anyone else on their day. Blah blah blah

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Greatest league in the world. Anyone can beat anyone else on their day. Blah blah blah

Atleti, Real and Barca all having dodgy starts to the season. Could be an interesting few months ahead. 
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 1:56pm
Was waiting on both teams scoring in the Real game for a tidy bet last night Angry

Not often they fire a blank

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 2:02pm
I see Silva is on fire for Sevilla after his horror time at Milan. Could be a sneaky bet for La Liga top scorer, surely big odds. Would be the first time in over a decade that a Barca or Real player wasn't top scorer I'd imagine if he did it. Suarez probably the only one to break the Messi Ronaldo monopoly in the past decade? Times they are a changin.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 27 Sep 2018 at 2:02pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic