Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga 2018/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 2:22pm
They shouldn't stand for any of it! It really is sickening.
Sponsored Links

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 2:35pm
Barca are fan-owned surely they won't play a home game abroad? Similar to Packers in the US.

Edit: And Real + Atletic 

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 16 Aug 2018 at 2:36pm
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:10pm
There's enough clubs in LaLiga with rubbish attendances to entice a few of them to Ameirca for a big money spinner. Won't be the big teams
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

There's enough clubs in LaLiga with rubbish attendances to entice a few of them to Ameirca for a big money spinner. Won't be the big teams

I can't see it being anything other than a big team going over. It's hardly going to be Levante vs Eibar 
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I can't see it being anything other than a big team going over. It's hardly going to be Levante vs Eibar 

I'd agree with MC
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:31pm
If this was Barca v Betis in Dublin nobody would give a crap about Pedro who has a season ticket for Betis but won’t get to see them v Barcelona as his club sold out the fans for a few million euro’s by playing in Dublin.

There would be some panic over tickets.

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

If this was Barca v Betis in Dublin nobody would give a crap about Pedro who has a season ticket for Betis but won’t get to see them v Barcelona as his club sold out the fans for a few million euro’s by playing in Dublin.

Just because you wouldn't care doesn't mean nobody would care. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I think that sums up the issue. No one gives a fook about Pedro, the true club supporter. 
El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:56pm

No one gives a fook about Pedro, the true club supporter. 
He's not the Juan that they want.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Clap
El Puto Amo
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I'd agree with MC
Real/Barca/Atletico are the power 3 in Spain, all sell out their stadium each week with huge attendances and viewing figures. Can't see them giving up a home game.

Any of those teams away games will be the biggest 3 attendances of that team's season, so those teams would kick up a fuss too.

My guess is it'll be a home game of Deportivo, Malaga, Sociadad, with Bilbao, Valencia, Betis as the away team
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 4:54pm
LOL
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 4:56pm
Edit: Never mind. Didn't read the post correctly Embarrassed

Edited by Denis Irwin - 16 Aug 2018 at 4:57pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:09pm

I'd agree with MC
Real/Barca/Atletico are the power 3 in Spain, all sell out their stadium each week with huge attendances and viewing figures. Can't see them giving up a home game.

Any of those teams away games will be the biggest 3 attendances of that team's season, so those teams would kick up a fuss too.

My guess is it'll be a home game of Deportivo, Malaga, Sociadad, with Bilbao, Valencia, Betis as the away team
Two of those are in the Second division LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:14pm
The big 3 won’t give up a home game but they won’t have a problem playing one of the smaller teams away in a different country.

The smaller team will get a big pay day so it will suit them as well.

The real losers are the local fans of the smaller team. The owners will say the extra revenue justifies it.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I'd agree with MC

Two of those are in the Second division LOL
Ha, shows the amount of attention I pay to La Liga. I was looking at the attendance figures, was looking for teams that get about 20k attendances, they'd want teams that have a name, but not so big a following that they'd never pass up a home game
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 9:41pm
Before we know it someone will think of a league with all the matches spread out across different countries for commercial purposes, and thus killing the buzz of said league and screwing over the fans.

Oh wait...Platini already did this Wink
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 10:38pm
Barcalona fans need to ensure this doesn't happen to them. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic