Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Klopp to Resign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

To be fair, all opposition fans are delusional clowns. That's the beauty of football and the banter that goes along with it.

I've tuned right out on all of this - I actually hate it all now. Really only enjoy watching my teams and that's about it. Don't enjoy any of the noise around football anymore. 

Yeah I agree.  The odd few times I have been in a pub watching a game on tv in Ireland Liverpool fans are insufferable.  Other clubs you may get one or too mouthpieces but Liverpool fans behave as Ireland is Liverpool and if you are not going for them you are shouting against Ireland or something.  Bizarre. All pure nonsense. 

Edited by Baldrick - 26 Jan 2024 at 3:18pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:18pm
Great manager but should have won another premier and champions league. I do fancy him to win the league this year though and tie United's record. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:26pm
When did the players find out he was leaving?

Could be fate that he signs off with a title
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:28pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Delighted! Back to mediocrity awaits.

He made Liverpool likeable for a period.  Hopefully they go for Stevie Me.  

You literally despise Liverpool and Klopp and have never left a stone unturned having a go. Even in that post you can sense the animosity on your comments.

It must be their success that brings out such bitterness.

Have they been that successful? How many trophies have they won?

Agree on the point of bitterness, its hardly like City and Liverpool hate United that much at the moment, and that is all because of how rubbish they are.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:34pm
4 Trophies in 9 Years - I don't count Charity Shields or Super Cups as real trophies. 
1 x CL, 1 x PL, 1 x FA Cup, 1 x Carabao Cup

I'm sure he'll add a few more before the seasons out. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

4 Trophies in 9 Years - I don't count Charity Shields or Super Cups as real trophies. 
1 x CL, 1 x PL, 1 x FA Cup, 1 x Carabao Cup

I'm sure he'll add a few more before the seasons out. 

Ferguson and Pep won three of them trophies in less than a couple of weeks.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:42pm
Hard to know which way the team/club will react.

Fergie announced he was leaving in the May along with CEO (or some upstairs position) and there seemed to be too much of a change too fast. It was late in the season and the league was already wrapped up.
At least Liverpool have time to find a replacement now, but could it unsettle the team or spur them on?
The dark side.. And the light
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:44pm
Definitely something happening in the background with the timing of it. Even if he announced it next week after the transfer window closes, it would have been much better for the club.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:44pm
Can't see them slacking off. They'll be giving their all for Klopp to sign off with a big trophy. 

They probably were told before today anyway and it hasn't lessened their performance levels
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Definitely something happening in the background with the timing of it. Even if he announced it next week after the transfer window closes, it would have been much better for the club.

You'd imagine the press had got hold of the info and were about to release the news.

Can't imagine a Klopp side downing tools because he is leaving. Guaranteed to smash Chelsea in that final now.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 3:59pm

To be fair, all opposition fans are delusional clowns. That's the beauty of football and the banter that goes along with it.

I've tuned right out on all of this - I actually hate it all now. Really only enjoy watching my teams and that's about it. Don't enjoy any of the noise around football anymore. 

Yeah I agree.  The odd few times I have been in a pub watching a game on tv in Ireland Liverpool fans are insufferable.  Other clubs you may get one or too mouthpieces but Liverpool fans behave as Ireland is Liverpool and if you are not going for them you are shouting against Ireland or something.  Bizarre. All pure nonsense. 
I don't really get picking on Irish Liverpool fans. All teams have fans who are muppets. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 4:09pm
They've basically won every competition available to them - excluding the EL cup whereby they lost to Seville. They may end up winning it this year. Who knows.

It'll be very easy to sit back and dismiss and ridicule his achievements. 

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 4:13pm
Salah will definitely be leaving in the summer now.  I'd expect a mini exodus of players.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 4:15pm
He’s been superb. He has also had to compete with the financial muscle of City, and has been a thorn in their side. He built a very good team and around some key players. He also had a sense for talent that would make it, and talent that wouldn’t (or at least didn’t match what was needed to keep Liverpool competitive) which generated a lot of money for Liverpool.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Salah will definitely be leaving in the summer now.  I'd expect a mini exodus of players.

He's got another year left on his contract. So, somebody would have to pay big money to buy him and I can't see there being many options outside of PSG (and not sure anybody would want to put themselves into that situation) or Saudi (which obviously isn't all it's cracked up to be). 
I think he's more likely than not to still be at Liverpool next season. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 4:17pm
Why would Salah definitely be leaving? and why would there be an exodus of players? I really don't think so.

Personnel changes will be made as this happens every year. But Klopp has brought in a lot of decent young players.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 5:06pm

I don't really get picking on Irish Liverpool fans. All teams have fans who are muppets. 

Head into any pub in Ireland. Not every Liverpool fan is a muppet but in the pub every muppet will be a Liverpool fan.  

AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 5:14pm
Nonsense. You only say because YOU hate Liverpool.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic