Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:13am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Germany...?
Being one of the worst myths, usually with somebody adding that we were the first to play them after the war. Just to clarify, Switzerland were the first team to play them and they took their second choice colours from the DFB logo, which in turn was taken from football pitch markings. 
Panathinaikos is another one, people unable to accept that shamrocks and the colour green are used outside of Ireland.

Were we converted by the Greeks then out of our heathenhood? Should our priests all have beards?
Sponsored Links

longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 2:27pm
Kevin starts away at Bournemouth today.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 5:05pm

Germany...?
Being one of the worst myths, usually with somebody adding that we were the first to play them after the war. Just to clarify, Switzerland were the first team to play them and they took their second choice colours from the DFB logo, which in turn was taken from football pitch markings. 
Panathinaikos is another one, people unable to accept that shamrocks and the colour green are used outside of Ireland.

Just teeing you up there PM...Clap
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 5:06pm
Any views on how Long get on today?  
WillieMaley View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieMaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 6:57am
He's coming 27, worrying sign. Surely he'd of tried to get a permanent gig playing football weekly by now.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 9:00am

Any views on how Long get on today?  
Did fine really but the team as a whole didn't play well but Sam Vokes was the stand out player for the Clarets .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:38am
Kevin in the Irish squad.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieMaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:54am
I'm sure he's as surprised as we are.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 12:25pm
Congratulations Kevin. Hope you play great if selected.
kevj266 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by WillieMaley WillieMaley wrote:

He's coming 27, worrying sign. Surely he'd of tried to get a permanent gig playing football weekly by now.

Has had no luck with injuries to be fair, would love to see him get a good run next season. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:53pm
Well Goodness really , fair play to him Clap
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:02am
Lads just off the top of my head I know Kevin has started for Burnley before , It seems the media think he made his debut a couple of weeks ago which is not true . Now the last time we were in the Prem he got into the side then got a bad injury at Newcastle which kept him out for all of that season . Ok just looked it up he has started 20 games for Burnley plus 4 as a sub .

Edited by Claret Murph - 16 May 2017 at 7:07am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:05am
Longest serving player at the club? They've really stood by him. Must see something in his ability. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieMaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Longest serving player at the club? They've really stood by him. Must see something in his ability. 

That, or he's cheap and does the job when required.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:45am
Think Dyche preferred him to Shane Duffy who was on loan at Burnley. Didnt take up the option of keeping Duffy.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:06pm
It takes all sorts. Three years ago I wouldn't have seen Rob Elliot in contention for club or country. Same for Darren Randolph. Would have said the same about Wes ten years ago. You never know how players are going to develop, or when.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:09pm
Yeah, Duffy looked awful at Blackburn, where he earned the wonderful nickname '50p head' and I still don't trust his positional sense but he has had an excellent season at Brighton.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:26pm

Yeah, Duffy looked awful at Blackburn, where he earned the wonderful nickname '50p head' and I still don't trust his positional sense but he has had an excellent season at Brighton.

He was fairly good for Blackburn bar the start of this season according to most reports on this forum. Was he not "consistently high on ranking sites" etc, or at least that's what his proponents were saying. Certainly he'd had a far longer run of extended first team football when O'Neill called him up than Long has had.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic