Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:15am
Long was outstanding last night my MOTM without doubt .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:53pm
No Long or Dunne in the squad today for Burnley. Could be something, could be nothing.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

No Long or Dunne in the squad today for Burnley. Could be something, could be nothing.

Good shout, would like to see Dunne have a loan move for the rest of the season
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:29pm
Long is being linked with a move. Surely be needs to be playing first team football at 30, he's a very decent centre half
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:33pm
Dunne is injured I think. Could do with a loan move this month though.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 6:19pm
From what i have been told it's nothing to do with tranfers .

Take what you what with that info . 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 8:34pm
Think they were both out due to failed covid tests.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 1:39pm
Kevin starts for the Clarets today.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:18pm
Scores
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:20pm
Should move to the championship  and play every week 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:31pm
Glad to see him getting a goal but kinda wonder what was he doing so far up the pitch for a centre back on what seemed a normal attack and Burnley already 2 nil up? 

It wasn't like it was a corner that he stabbed in or the breakdown from a dangerous attacking free into the box not that I'm complaining btw LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:07pm
Did everything that was asked for him today and scored not bad really is it . 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 8:13pm
Kevin signed another two year contract with the Clarets Clap
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Kevin signed another two year contract with the Clarets Clap
That’s what I call ambition!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:07am
Given his age, family settled where they are and the Premiership salary he is on, it would take a hell of a better offer to make him turn it down. So no point in suggesting lack of ambition.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Given his age, family settled where they are and the Premiership salary he is on, it would take a hell of a better offer to make him turn it down. So no point in suggesting lack of ambition.
He must have a few Bob by now. Does he not want to play a few games?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:55am
At 30 years of age, he wants security. If he was going to move for sporting reasons in order to further himself and increase his chances of playing for us, he would've done it several years ago.

I'd say if he was to get a Championship move, it would be to a team in the lower reaches of the table.

So you can see the dilemma. The likelihood of a dozen games a season in the PL at an established team where the manager has a good relationship with him, or dogfights with the worst case scenario of relegation to League One.

I personally find it disappointing, but I can see some semblance of logic there. Deep down he probably sees first or second in line to replace our first choice centre-backs in case of injury or suspension as his ceiling and is quite happy to maintain a squad place. In which case, he came in to the team against Austria lacking first team involvement at club level and acquitted himself really well.

He wouldn't be in my list of top 4 centre-backs for us but I'd be confident enough in him in the event we are missing players.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:53am
Always plays his part when called upon in the first team , now off the top of my head i think he has been at Burnley for around 10 years maybe more .
I think if you are happy why move and like it has been said i would guess he is on around £15,000 a week but if the Clarets stay up the whole squad share a very big pot of cash at the end of each season .

I do like Kevin maybe a tad slow these days but reads the game well . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
  Share Topic