You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedkerr leaving Pats?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Topic: kerr leaving Pats?
    Posted: 19 May 2008 at 1:51pm
read in the herald today that hes defo gone

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/eircom-league/st-pats-quiet--on-kerr-exit-speculation-1379576.html

St Pat's quiet on Kerr exit speculation

Monday May 19 2008

ST PATRICK'S Athletic closed ranks yesterday as speculation mounted that Brian Kerr is parting company with the club.

A Sunday report suggested that Kerr is on the verge of walking out and confirmation yesterday that the former Ireland manager addressed the team in the dressing room after their 2-2 draw with Drogheda at United Park on Friday night further fuelled speculation.

Kerr was appointed Director of Football by the club director and owner Garrett Kelleher in March of last year.

Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 2:50pm
strange to be leaving when they are doing so well ? maybe he has something lined up ?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 3:03pm
Which do you reckon would hurt more for Kerr; leaving Pats? or been snubbed for the Carlsberg ad?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 4:00pm
yeah done deal

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0519/kerrb.html

Kerr quits St Pat's post

Monday, 19 May 2008 21:31

Brian Kerr has resigned from his role as director of football at St Patrick's Athletic.

Kerr will remain as an advisor to the Inchicore club until the end of the season.

The former Republic of Ireland manager wished the eircom League of Ireland Premier Division leaders well for the future.

'My affinity with and affection for this club is well known,' Kerr told the official club website.

'St Patrick's will always be special to me and I believe that Johnny McDonnell has now got a squad that can achieve great success over the coming seasons.

'I have greatly enjoyed being involved and working with Johnny to get us to the point where we can look ahead with great confidence.

'Last year's second place finish in the league was pleasing. I believe the club will go one better this season.

'I want to thank Garrett Kelleher and the board of the club, the staff, the players and the fans for their support of me over the past 15 months and I wish them continued success.'

Saints chairman Garrett Kelleher thanked Kerr, saying: 'We are grateful to have had someone of Brian's experience available to us and I want to thank him for his contribution.'

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:33am
That's a very odd story innit?  That "Director of Football" situation never seems to work in any situation and I'd say Johnny McDonnell was very uncomfortable having the former Irish Gaffer over your shoulder.  The statement from Kelleher doesn't exactly go out of its way to laud Kerr, so there musta been some tension. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 10:32am
Much ado about nothing really.

You'll notice there was no clamouring for Kerr to stay at Inchicore.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic