You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

keano

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 8:42am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I'd be disappointed if he meant Duff, he has had terrible injury problems the last couple of years and was almost back to his best for us till recently when he got injured again.  He might be talking about Robbie........?  Robbie's been scoring for us but his all round game has been ordinary at best.  And he can't be criticising the Killer can he?  Killer was poor v Bulgaria but he has been steady and solid in the other games.

I would say it is Killer. Duff has had injury problems and has always done well when playing. Keane has been playing club football the last 2 years and doing really well.
Killer has not been great latelly and since his Everton days he has not been a regular at club level. So Keane is basically wondering how he keeps getting his game and no one else is being looked at. We all love Killer but you have to accept it is probably him that Keane is talking about
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 8:50am
nah, killer hasnt been living off past glories...he never had much glories to begin withBig%20smile
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 8:53am
It is Duff no doubt about it. 
trapsflipflop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapsflipflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:40am
yea has to be duffer
The game is about
Being effective
Being aggressive
Winning the ball
Getting it on with the play
We'll Put 'em Under Pressure

billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:46am
i thought it was duffer when I first read it, but I'm pretty sure Duffer was one of the players 'faithful" to keano in/post  saipan, so given his value on loyalty etc , I would be surprised if it was a dig at him. has to be kilbane.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 10:42am
When asked for his views on former Manchester United teammate Cristiano Ronaldo, Keane said: "No, he's not a poser. He probably likes himself alright, but he's not a poser. He does like to run around with his top off after he scores, though."  LOLLOLLOL Clap
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Skipper View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 1:58pm
Its duffer, keane says it as it is.... and he is right. Its nothing to do with who stood by him.

Killer had been palying week in week out with wigan whereas duff was at home watching newcastle.

He was not haveing a go at duff he was pointing out a flaw in the team slection
Stephen Irelands Superman Jocks!!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Skipper Skipper wrote:

He was not haveing a go at duff he was pointing out a flaw in the team slection

i dont see a flaw , duff has been excellent every time he played this campaign for us , we missed him massively against bulgaria . keane is wrong , even if not playing regularly at club level duff must make our squad if fit , he is still that important
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Skipper View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 2:30pm
He is important but i think a player should be brought into the squad on club form and he has not played well at all this year, circa port'mth V newcastle

He has a great game cyprus but ITs Cyprus. Im a duff fan but i think picking a player on past merit is not the answer. (ie what keane said)
Stephen Irelands Superman Jocks!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic