Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keane Viera debate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 10:22am
FYI for people who missed it this is on again tonight on the RTE 2 @ 9.55pm Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 12:32am
Watched this tonight . Was an incredible rivalry , the likes you probably won't see again.

Brought back good memories . I don't support united but was always proud to see an Irishman better everyone in that league . Both were top class players . As good as you will ever see in the role they played . Vieiras feet were incredible for his frame size . Keane was a force of nature altogether . I have never seen a player before or after him with his will to win . I never thought we would be beaten, no matter who we were playing against, when he played for us. He literally could drag his teams to victory . How many central midfield players are like that nowadays??

Edited by BabbsBalls - 20 Dec 2013 at 12:37am
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 12:49am
Ye I honestly can't think of another player with keanes drive

He was fooking awesome in full flow

It was a privilege to watch him to be honest he was the best captain I've ever seen

He was such an inspiration to those he played with he got every last ounce out of his team mates and himself

It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 12:57am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Watched this tonight . Was an incredible rivalry , the likes you probably won't see again.

Brought back good memories . I don't support united but was always proud to see an Irishman better everyone in that league . Both were top class players . As good as you will ever see in the role they played . Vieiras feet were incredible for his frame size . Keane was a force of nature altogether . I have never seen a player before or after him with his will to win . I never thought we would be beaten, no matter who we were playing against, when he played for us. He literally could drag his teams to victory . How many central midfield players are like that nowadays??

Spot on with all points Babbs I said it earlier in this thread that rivalry has gone now out of the game in a way which is a pity Keane and viera were very hard but fair and gave 110 percent they really produces some titanic battles
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 8:54am
We wont see such a combatitive rivalry again since Platini decided to make football a non contact sport.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Ye I honestly can't think of another player with keanes drive

He was fooking awesome in full flow

It was a privilege to watch him to be honest he was the best captain I've ever seen

He was such an inspiration to those he played with he got every last ounce out of his team mates and himself

That's the main reason I would always say that Keane was better then Vieira.

Fantastic rivalry Clap
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 9:55am
Interesting to hear Didi Hammans answer on RTE last week when asked who was better

He preferred facing Keane, Vieira was more likely to leave a foot in and go in late and he hated playing against him. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Interesting to hear Didi Hammans answer on RTE last week when asked who was better

He preferred facing Keane, Vieira was more likely to leave a foot in and go in late and he hated playing against him. 
unless your name was Alfe
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 1:45pm
Haaland still has the diadora logo imprinted on his knee
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 8:46pm

After all these years Keane didn't even show an ounce of remorse for breaking another players leg and ending his career. What an absolute tramp. And kids watching this looking up to him. And this guy is part of the Ireland set-up. Thumbs Down  

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 9:06pm
I'm no Keane fan or dislike him but Showgies at least get the story right, you must be on the wind up tough
It would damage this forums' reputation
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

After all these years Keane didn't even show an ounce of remorse for breaking another players leg and ending his career. What an absolute tramp. And kids watching this looking up to him. And this guy is part of the Ireland set-up. Thumbs Down  

bet ye wouldnt say that to his face Thumbs Up
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

<p abp="1488">After all these years Keane didn't even show an ounce of remorse for breaking another players leg and ending his career. What an absolute tramp. And kids watching this looking up to him. And this guy is part of the Ireland set-up. Thumbs Down  

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

bet ye wouldnt say that to his face Thumbs Up

Maybe thats the whole point
He would break showgies legs in two!

We'd have to rename him GoneToHospital
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 9:57pm
How many times does it need to be said

ROY KEANE DID NOT END HAALANDS CAREER
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

How many times does it need to be said

ROY KEANE DID NOT END HAALANDS CAREER

+ 1 it was Haalands left knee which was giving him trouble.

Edited by theheff1989 - 22 Dec 2013 at 10:07pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 10:56pm

<p abp="1488">After all these years Keane didn't even show an ounce of remorse for breaking another players leg and ending his career. What an absolute tramp. And kids watching this looking up to him. And this guy is part of the Ireland set-up. Thumbs Down  

He didn't break his leg or end his career.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 11:11pm
he hardly helped it either lads LOL
Man from Del Monte View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man from Del Monte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 11:23pm
he was a bit churlish in the programme i though although it was interesting to hear his view on him being shafted out of united

the animosity between him and Ferguson is now irreparable and much worse than anything between him and Mick

his honesty is refreshing though

say yes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic