You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jurgen Klopp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:23pm
No way will Poch get the bullet no matter where we finish at this stage
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:25pm
Think he'd do a great job at Newcastle, similar to where Dortmund were when he took over there, Great talent mid table,sleeping giant.

I will say though I know this won't happen
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Think he'd do a great job at Newcastle, similar to where Dortmund were when he took over there, Great talent mid table,sleeping giant.

I will say though I know this won't happen

Mike Ashley is always asleep. It's the only giant over that side of the water LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:29pm
Sorry but Newcastle are not a sleeping Giant FFS. They haven't won a major domestic trophy in 60 years and haven't won anything of significance since 1969 when they won the forerunner to the UEFA Cup.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Klopp for Southampton that's nearly as nuts as Tony Cascarino saying Newcastle would be a perfect fit for him.

Man City have come out and denied they're looking at Klopp.. 

He could up anywhere really. 
Things happen very fast in football, the Dutch might end up sacking their man which paves way for Koeman to leave for them and there's a club for Klopp. Not saying that will happen but an example

Someone can't read.

Yes I read your example and compared it to what Tony Cascarino was saying earlier.What part of that means I cant read Confused
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:38pm

Klopp for Southampton that's nearly as nuts as Tony Cascarino saying Newcastle would be a perfect fit for him.

Things happen very fast in football, the Dutch might end up sacking their man which paves way for Koeman to leave for them and there's a club for Klopp. Not saying that will happen but an example

Someone can't read.

Yes I read your example and compared it to what Tony Cascarino was saying earlier.What part of that means I cant read Confused

Forget it. I thought you pointed out I thought Klopp would goto Southampton - I don't think it's a bad move anyhow. Stinking rich owner, very ambitious owner also.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:40pm

Someone can't read.

Forget it. I thought you pointed out I thought Klopp would goto Southampton - I don't think it's a bad move anyhow. Stinking rich owner, very ambitious owner also.

someone can't read.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:41pm
Its hard to look past city, but his stock certainly isn't as high as a year or 2 ago.

I think Southampton could be a very good fit for him. As long as there is a promise of a decent transfer budget and a willingness to hold on to the majority of their best players. If they had done that last year chances are they`d be on course to being a Champions league team either this year or next.

Wherever he goes its going to be a different ball game. If he had the season he is after having with Dortmund at a bigger club, he wouldn't have the option of walking away in the summer he`d have gotten the bullet a long time ago. I think it`s worth remembering that he has had an horrendous season there. They have been fighting relegation and only pulled clear in the last few weeks, that's a terrible season for a club that regularly fills and 80,000 seater stadium. Whatever about players he lost he still had Piszczek, Reus, Immobile, Hummels and Gündoğan in the team, all players that are highly sought after by top clubs.

If you look at the top teams in England:
Chelsea - have a manager that's reasonably stable in the job
United - the same
Arsenal - should but wont get rid of Wenger and I think Klopp would be a perfect fit for them.
City - will be looking for a manager and It will be between Klopp, Simone (if he wants to leave Atletico) and Ancelotti (I expect him to leave the circus in Real and if he does Klopp would be in the running for that job too)

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Its hard to look past city, but his stock certainly isn't as high as a year or 2 ago.

I think Southampton could be a very good fit for him. As long as there is a promise of a decent transfer budget and a willingness to hold on to the majority of their best players. If they had done that last year chances are they`d be on course to being a Champions league team either this year or next.

Wherever he goes its going to be a different ball game. If he had the season he is after having with Dortmund at a bigger club, he wouldn't have the option of walking away in the summer he`d have gotten the bullet a long time ago. I think it`s worth remembering that he has had an horrendous season there. They have been fighting relegation and only pulled clear in the last few weeks, that's a terrible season for a club that regularly fills and 80,000 seater stadium. Whatever about players he lost he still had Piszczek, Reus, Immobile, Hummels and Gündoğan in the team, all players that are highly sought after by top clubs.

The main reason Dortmund struggled for a lot of this season was their horrendous injury list.Once the injury list cleared up they moved up the table  and havent been in any danger since December.They also missed Lewondowski's goals as Immobile hasnt really worked out.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:04pm

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

The main reason Dortmund struggled for a lot of this season was their horrendous injury list.Once the injury list cleared up they moved up the table  and havent been in any danger since December.They also missed Lewondowski's goals as Immobile hasnt really worked out.

Injuries had a bit to do with it but more worryingly for Klopp is German sides started to cop on to his high pressing game. They weren't able to over run sides like they did when they won the league.

As David Moyes learnt the hard way its one thing to do well at a club with low expectations, its a different ball game to do well at a club used to winning trophies.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:36pm

Your not seriously comparing Kloop and Moyes situations?I don't think there is any comparison.
Kloop has had huge success with Dortmund winning the double and getting them to CL final ,they also played a really good style of football.Moyes had done well on a low budget and got Everton punching above there weight but never looked comfortable from day one at United.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:47pm

Your not seriously comparing Kloop and Moyes situations?I don't think there is any comparison.
Kloop has had huge success with Dortmund winning the double and getting them to CL final ,they also played a really good style of football.Moyes had done well on a low budget and got Everton punching above there weight but never looked comfortable from day one at United.

I think its a very similar situation. Agreed Klopp has more European experience than Moyes. But perhaps if Everton were based in Westfalia it would have been an easier task to get them into Europe. My point is there is no guarantee Klopp will be comfortable at a Man City, Real or wherever else. Where anything less than first is complete failure.
A few years ago Slaven Bilić was the golden child of Europe and destined to end up at a top team in England but the best he has managed so far is medicore Russian and Turkish club sides.
Now maybe Klopp will turn out to be a Pep or Jose but he could just as easily be a David.

Edited by Bitored - 15 Apr 2015 at 8:48pm
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:57pm
@Rossiemann: I think it he made 2-3 mistakes......
1. Over a period of 5-6 years he didnt develope his tactics to fit to his ageing, injury effected team. You cannot expect a player at 25 maybe with 1 or 2 major injuries behind him to play like he did at 20..., add to that the mistakes in the transfer market (buying out of form players based on past achievements).
2. Players aged 19-20 at the begining of their careers will allow a manager shout, scream and belittle them in training, its a different story with a 25 year old millionare who has won a few domestic trophies, been to the WC and arrived back with a winners medal and even more so when he knows Barcelona, Man U.....are interested in him.
3 and maybe the most important of all that most people dont know..........at the beining of 2013/14 season they lost their fitness trainer Oliver Bartlett. He is the one most players credit with their fitness levels and good injury records. Look after he left and you will see a lot more muscle related injuries......

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Sorry but Newcastle are not a sleeping Giant FFS. They haven't won a major domestic trophy in 60 years and haven't won anything of significance since 1969 when they won the forerunner to the UEFA Cup.

So true, a sleeping giant my hole.

winner alright View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winner alright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:24pm
Have a feeling Liverpool will make a move for him. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:11pm
There is no way Chelsea, Spurs, Saints or liverpool will have a new manager next year.

Man city will and he will be in the running for the job but he may not want it.

He is probably more suited to the Man Utd or Arsenal job but he will need one of the managers to step down (i.e. asked to step down with a large suitcase full of cash).

Cant see it happening.

BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:14pm
The Telegraph assigned a non-German speaking reporter to liveblog Klopp's press conference in Germany forgetting the obvious fact it would be held in German.   Hilarious.

Team Emmet
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

There is no way Chelsea, Spurs, Saints or liverpool will have a new manager next year.

Man city will and he will be in the running for the job but he may not want it.

He is probably more suited to the Man Utd or Arsenal job but he will need one of the managers to step down (i.e. asked to step down with a large suitcase full of cash).

Cant see it happening.

No way LVG is leaving United ,I would say there is more chance of BR leaving Pool.I think Klopp would be an ideal manager for what FSG want to do with Pool.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic