Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jurgen Klopp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:33pm
Leaving Dortmund, surely he's a shoe in for City job.

Sponsored Links

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

I wouldnt think so,he will want to build a team/squad and Im not sure if the City owners would be happy to go a year or two without challenging for the title.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I wouldnt think so,he will want to build a team/squad and Im not sure if the City owners would be happy to go a year or two without challenging for the title.

The other clubs he's being linked with are Barca, Real and PSG, and they would be in the same boat regarding their owners or board demanding instant success

I would love City's next manager to be a long term appointment. 
Need a man to come in and be a bit of a cult hero in a way, and build something special over a long period of time. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Apr 2015 at 1:51pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:52pm
He's taking a pep style sabbatical is he not?

Can't see him going to City

edit; I see he denied Bild's sabbatical story, still can't see him going to City

Edited by nvidic - 15 Apr 2015 at 1:53pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:57pm
AC Milan.

There's a fans vs Owners crisis going on there and something tells me Berlusconi will put out all the stops just to keep his head above water.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:01pm
Could see him going to Italy alright. Couldn't see him in England.
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:24pm
Klopp had an offer in summer 2014 from England. He reqested at that point that BVB terminate his contract and the club refused. Now he has what he wants and i wouldnt be suprised having spoken to a few people over the last few days if he ends up at Man City or with the Gunners.
According to reports it all happened very suddenly, the players were not informed and got the info from the press today.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Klopp had an offer in summer 2014 from England. He reqested at that point that BVB terminate his contract and the club refused. Now he has what he wants and i wouldnt be suprised having spoken to a few people over the last few days if he ends up at Man City or with the Gunners.
According to reports it all happened very suddenly, the players were not informed and got the info from the press today.

who are ur contacts may i ask?
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:30pm

I fancy real with CA to Citeh
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:32pm
If he sits out making a decision until the end of the year, there will be probably be a vacancy at Real or Barca. 
El Puto Amo
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 3:36pm
He said at Christmas he would go to England as he can speak English. He also says only clubs that are projects he can work on, like his last two clubs, are the only ones that interest him.

If he sticks to those principles can't see him at City. Arsenal and Liverpool have always been the obvious ones, but I can't see either changing their manager.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 4:01pm
Well, Wenger may want to retire. No-one really saw Ferguson retiring. Wenger may have told the board and asked Klopp directly himself the way Ferguson did with Moyes.

Only thing is that Wenger has two years remaining on his contract. It's odd really, assuming Klopp wants somewhere where he'll be given time to impose his system and doesn't want to go to a high money club with instant pressure and owners who won't accept anything less than a sustained title challenge. Where does that leave?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:12pm
In England only Arsenal or Liverpool really fit into what he wants to do.Arsenal is obviously the better pick but the Pool job might be available sooner.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:37pm
Was supposed to have been offered a job last April and Dortmund wouldn't let him go. Club wasn't named but presuming it was Man Utd as the timeline would fit with Moyes' sacking

Edited by Denis Irwin - 15 Apr 2015 at 6:37pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:39pm
Man City have come out and denied they're looking at Klopp.. 

He could up anywhere really. 
Things happen very fast in football, the Dutch might end up sacking their man which paves way for Koeman to leave for them and there's a club for Klopp. Not saying that will happen but an example
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:57pm
Klopp for Southampton that's nearly as nuts as Tony Cascarino saying Newcastle would be a perfect fit for him.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Klopp for Southampton that's nearly as nuts as Tony Cascarino saying Newcastle would be a perfect fit for him.

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Man City have come out and denied they're looking at Klopp.. 

He could up anywhere really. 
Things happen very fast in football, the Dutch might end up sacking their man which paves way for Koeman to leave for them and there's a club for Klopp. Not saying that will happen but an example

Someone can't read.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:05pm
Spurs job could be available. Reckon Ponchettio will get the bullet if they don't qualify for Europe. (Although would be harsh IMO and he should get another season)
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic