You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 61>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Josh Cullen
    Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:37pm
Mentioned a few times in other threads but he didnt have his own thread. 

Ireland U19 international, scored an injury time winner for West Ham U21s away to Chelsea in Stamford Bridge on Friday night. Nice finish too.

Edited by rolo - 17 May 2015 at 9:42pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 10:03pm
Cracker
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 11:00pm
Came on as a second half sub for west ham today and managed to hit the crossbar in the last few minutes. Hopefully will get some game time with west ham in the europa league
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 10:10am
He made a late appearance as a sub at Anfield yesterday. One to keep an eye out for.
The only way is up
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 10:50am
Hes was called into our u21 squad this week

Good to see but our ever reliance on foreign raised players is shocking
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 11:10am
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

He made a late appearance as a sub at Anfield yesterday. One to keep an eye out for.

Yeah that was his premier league debut yesterday - at 19.

Had been in the matchday squad a good few times last season so its great he finally got a game.
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 2:32pm
Let's hope he is good enough to carve out a Premier League career with a lower mid-table team or a career in the higher echelons of the Championship.

If he turns out any better than that it will be the same story it was/is with Rooney, Cahill, Bamford, Grealish, Noble, Naughton, Redmond, Kane, Pilkington etc etc etc. Either play for England or keep us waiting a few years.

If he is like Sean St Ledger or Jon Walters then he could be a decent squad player in the future for us.

That is the pragmatic reality of it. I don't think we are ever going to get a top class English born player to play for us.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 1:23pm
West Ham United have announced that Josh Cullen has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

"I'm delighted to get the deal done and extend my time at West Ham," said Cullen, who turned 19 in April and has now committed his future to West Ham until 2018.
The only way is up
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 7:09pm
Not good news for him with West Ham signing Moses, Antonio and Jelavic

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 3:17pm
On the bench again today, as he was for the game against Everton just before the international break.

Not a bad place to be, 5 months short of his 20th birthday.

Surprisingly little talk about him on here.

Between himself and Jack Byrne as to who will be the next player to break through from the underage teams.
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

On the bench again today, as he was for the game against Everton just before the international break.

Between himself and Jack Byrne as to who will be the next player to break through from the underage teams.

Are we sure he will stay with us?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by 085immersive 085immersive wrote:

he has already switched from England. don't think he can switch back.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:08pm
I think I read something a short while back during the height of the Grealish saga where he said he would not follow in Grealish's footsteps and switch to England.

So maybe he is still allowed to switch back?

I have also seen him refer to Ireland as "them" when talking about them so the Grealish thing may have been bluster on his part.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by 085immersive 085immersive wrote:

Of course fans are gonna be tentative, like a jilted lover LOL
But Grealish was always biding his time. Cullen apparently is on board.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:45pm
"He's as Irish as could be now, there were a few Irish lads over there at the same time and we all hung around together.

"We used to tease him, call him a 'fake little Paddy', just to wind him up but he is fully on board with Ireland. Josh is an incredible player, he's very similar to Mark Noble but he's only 19 and has a long way to go."

http://m.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fake-paddy-josh-cullen-is-a-class-act-reveals-former-teammate-sean-maguire-31497533.html
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:53pm
So Cullen's Irish now? What was he before that? 

In Grealish's defence, his situation is a lot different to most granny rule players. He is a genuine talent regardless of his dip in form, and he has piqued the interest of the England senior team.

The way he went about things was duplicitous though. It was obvious he wanted to play for England. Fine, but don't take up squad places at underage level if your heart's not in it; and certainly don't take the piss out of us by turning up to the FAI Awards to pick up an award and to boost your publicity having neglected to accept several call ups.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 6:05pm
This isnt the Jack Grealish thread.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 8:24pm
From the horses mouth...now can we cencetrate om his performances..

"Everyone is entitled to make a decision for themselves and Jack has made his decision, I can only speak for myself and say that I am fully focused on playing for Ireland and getting this team to the U21 finals in Poland.

"Jack has made his call and that's up to him, I am proud to play for Ireland every time I pull on the shirt. I know my dad's very proud to see me play, he hopes to come over to this game tonight, it's such a proud moment for me to pull on that green shirt and represent my grandparents," says Cullen.

"Both of my grandparents on my dad's side are Irish, they were from Co Leitrim and moved over to England, where my dad was born.

"They have both passed away, unfortunately, but it's a very proud thing for me to be able to play for Ireland, every time I pull on that green jersey I play for them and think about my grandparents. I haven't been to Leitrim yet but I am on my dad's case to take me there," he joked.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 61>
  Share Topic