Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 61>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Poor tonight I thought. I can appreciate his qualities but when I think of players filling similar roles in the past I think straight to Whelan, whi was probably twice the player that Cullen is. And whelan was hounded out of the team for years, shows how far we have fallen

Personally i thought he was one of best players tonight esp in the 1st half. 

Nah he was sh*te I thought compared to Serbia. Was barely seen in the game and didn't look anywhere near like controlling the midfield
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:41pm
Between the pandemic and the Irish football team, we've been collectively driven to glue sniffing levels of insanity.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:43pm
He started well and then just drifted out of it. I don't think he was helped by how poor Knight and Browne were and I think he got a bit frustrated. There was enough shown in Belgrade to suggest he has something about him, but he needs help. The midfield tonight was unbalanced and headless.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He started well and then just drifted out of it. I don't think he was helped by how poor Knight and Browne were and I think he got a bit frustrated. There was enough shown in Belgrade to suggest he has something about him, but he needs help. The midfield tonight was unbalanced and headless.

Josh wasn't great, but neither was anybody really. 

Between Serbia and his performances for Anderlecht this season Josh has been really impressive but when the whole team is collectively poor there's something bigger going on.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:57pm
Our best midfield is the Euro 16 one. 
 McCarthy
Hendrick Brady.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:59pm
I must have been seeing things but I thought he was decent. Passed the ball well played a few great balls through the one to Browne was exceptional. 

Poor towards the end but who wasn’t.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

McCarthy
Hendrick Brady.
Really glad you came out of coma. Imagine posting on the internet already. Great recovery!
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:59pm

McCarthy
Hendrick Brady.

That wasn’t even the best midfield in Euro2016
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 12:00am
In terms of performances this one was a horror show 
. But let's not pretend it's our first bad performance.

The game against Georgia and the two against Gibraltar were just as best but we were lucky to come away with something .

Ireland being bad is nothing new. We've been bad for years 

TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 12:04am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

McCarthy
Hendrick Brady.

Do tell.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 12:11am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I must have been seeing things but I thought he was decent. Passed the ball well played a few great balls through the one to Browne was exceptional. 

Poor towards the end but who wasn’t.

Same as i saw it. Thought he mad some good crisp passes in the 1st half
I love beer gardens
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 12:14am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Poor tonight I thought. I can appreciate his qualities but when I think of players filling similar roles in the past I think straight to Whelan, whi was probably twice the player that Cullen is. And whelan was hounded out of the team for years, shows how far we have fallen
Hold on a minute. Whelan was dung for 80 odd caps and your looking to bin this lad after what 3 or 4?

Clown

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 12:22am

Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

McCarthy
Hendrick Brady.

Do tell.

Kante, Pogba and Matuidi.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Hold on a minute. Whelan was dung for 80 odd caps and your looking to bin this lad after what 3 or 4?

At no stage in Andy's comment did he suggest such a thing. None.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 11:03am
I wasn't saying he was the worst player on show but for me he is not really offering us a lot and definitely, for me, doesn't deserve a place on the pedestal that some people are giving him and I was just pointing out the irony that a player who played a very similar role in Glen Whelan, who is a much better all round footballer, was hounded out of the team by experts on here and the media. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I did it myself!

I do think Cullen is a piece of the jigsaw currently as we need someone to play that role and he does it best that I have seen under Kenny, but I'm also being realistic, Anderlecht or championship level is his ceiling. 

Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 11:13am

I wasn't saying he was the worst player on show but for me he is not really offering us a lot and definitely, for me, doesn't deserve a place on the pedestal that some people are giving him and I was just pointing out the irony that a player who played a very similar role in Glen Whelan, who is a much better all round footballer, was hounded out of the team by experts on here and the media. 

I do think Cullen is a piece of the jigsaw currently as we need someone to play that role and he does it best that I have seen under Kenny, but I'm also being realistic, Anderlecht or championship level is his ceiling. 

To be fair to Cullen, he is a midfielder which keeps things ticking. The player which passes it to the better more creative players, to which we have none. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Frabhoy Frabhoy wrote:

To be fair to Cullen, he is a midfielder which keeps things ticking. The player which passes it to the better more creative players, to which we have none. 

Cry it's killing us.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 3:45pm
Josh came on as sub on 70 mins with his team leading 3-1 playing against 10 men. Manages to get booked on 75 and sent off on 85. Dope.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 04 Apr 2021 at 3:46pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 61>
  Share Topic