You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 64>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:09pm
A fair amount of West ham fans had him down to start in their predictions but doesn't even make the bench

Really strange 
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Doesn’t even make the bench today.

I mean, what’s the point?

Let him leave and play some football. West Ham is a f**king clown car of a club 

Definition of insanity ain’t it. They lost again tonight so got what they deserve. Not just Cullen 3/4 players it’s baffling Haller not playing is a lot stranger even Snodgrass had a great game the other night. 

West Ham in huge trouble ownership the issue and until it changes they will go downhill. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:22am
Has it not occurred to people that Cullen may have made the decision to remain and fight for his place? That doesn't automatically mean he should get a place, and there is a significant difference between playing against League 1 opposition, that he has very keen knowledge of in a cup match, and the Premier League. And WH did dominate most of the second half.

I think if you take off the green tinted specs, his best position is already filled at WH, and Soucek is a certainty in the team too. WH aren't shackling him, he could seek a transfer, and given the recent sale of Diangana, I cant imagine for a moment that he wouldn't be allowed.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:31am
It's preposterous that clubs don't pick their teams with the Irish national team in mind.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Has it not occurred to people that Cullen may have made the decision to remain and fight for his place? That doesn't automatically mean he should get a place, and there is a significant difference between playing against League 1 opposition, that he has very keen knowledge of in a cup match, and the Premier League. And WH did dominate most of the second half.

I think if you take off the green tinted specs, his best position is already filled at WH, and Soucek is a certainty in the team too. WH aren't shackling him, he could seek a transfer, and given the recent sale of Diangana, I cant imagine for a moment that he wouldn't be allowed.

I addressed that clearly above forget about Cullen Haller and a few others the other night were outstanding and yet Moyes went with the same players that pretty much disgraced him against Newcastle. He got what he deserved. 

I get what your saying in regards it’s probably his decision to stay. As for West Ham could see them struggling outside of Fulham and West Brom they are the front runners for relegation to my mind.

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Sep 2020 at 11:32am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It's preposterous that clubs don't pick their teams with the Irish national team in mind.

Imagine people posting on a you boys in green forum from an Irish player perspective. 👀👀
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:37am

Totally agree in my position as a bar manager of 10 years I regularly watch games on tv and feel disappointed that more irish players are not in the Barca or Bayern Munich teams.  

Edited by Baldrick - 20 Sep 2020 at 11:46am
AKA pedantic kunt
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Totally agree in my position as a bar manager of 10 years I regularly watch games on tv and feel disappointed That more irish players are not on the Barca or Bayern Munich teams.  

A few above made the point he can feel a bit hard done by not making at least the bench after playing so well in midweek a fairly reasonable assumption. I think Moyes should have played basically most of the lads that played the cup game in the week as opposed to those that disgraced him last week against Newcastle he didn’t and last night they lost so he essentially got punished for that.  

Il be a bit blunter with you than pre maradonna no one is saying their should be Irish players playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid. If talking about Irish players is that much of an issue for you then maybe the You Boys In Green forum isn’t for you. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:46am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Imagine people posting on a you boys in green forum from an Irish player perspective. 👀👀
Of course, but the inability to look at it from any other viewpoint but that is just idiotic. Posting he can feel hard done by is one thing, there are lads going off on rants about West Ham because Moyes didn't pick the Irish lad. As much as I despise the Essex racists, that's just silly.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:47am
LOLLOLwoooosh.  Yeah maybe being a bar manager isn’t either.   Think I might become a financial controller and support England or Spain.  

Anyway can’t believe Moyes doesn’t think of Ireland first and West Ham second. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:01pm

I addressed that clearly above forget about Cullen Haller and a few others the other night were outstanding and yet Moyes went with the same players that pretty much disgraced him against Newcastle. He got what he deserved. 

I get what your saying in regards it’s probably his decision to stay. As for West Ham could see them struggling outside of Fulham and West Brom they are the front runners for relegation to my mind.

I don't think its unfair to say that playing a League 1 side in a cup game is not a particularly good representation of a team. I accept that the value of the team on the pitch on Tuesday night supersedes the value of what Moyes has been using in league games. But last night was no disgrace, and there were some adjustments including playing Fredricks and Masuaku as wing backs. Also, Antonio did score, and Haller blows hot and cold. His return of seven goals last term was less than impressive when compared with Antonio outscoring him, and Snodgrass and Yarmolenko just falling short of scoring as many. All three combined didn't cost £45 Million.

In fairness though, I wasn't actually having a go at your comments, which have arguable merit. I was directing it at comments about WH '"getting what they deserved" because they are not involving him, and comments as though WH are shackling him.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:04pm
Be careful what you wish for. If Cullen was starting for a wealthy West Ham and keeping Intl players like Soucek and Rice out of the team, then he'd probably start getting notions about playing for England. If yearly loans to mid-table Championship teams are his ceiling, then he's guaranteed to stick with the Eire.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I don't think its unfair to say that playing a League 1 side in a cup game is not a particularly good representation of a team. I accept that the value of the team on the pitch on Tuesday night supersedes the value of what Moyes has been using in league games. But last night was no disgrace, and there were some adjustments including playing Fredricks and Masuaku as wing backs. Also, Antonio did score, and Haller blows hot and cold. His return of seven goals last term was less than impressive when compared with Antonio outscoring him, and Snodgrass and Yarmolenko just falling short of scoring as many. All three combined didn't cost £45 Million.

In fairness though, I wasn't actually having a go at your comments, which have arguable merit. I was directing it at comments about WH '"getting what they deserved" because they are not involving him, and comments as though WH are shackling him.

Fair enough. I think essentially they played okayish typical Moyes will drilled and organised and remained compact against an Arsenal side who are the sort that would labour last night after such an impressive performance last week.. What good that does for West Ham I don’t know especially with their run coming up Moyes could be in trouble and he’s a capable manager (I say that as a Utd fan despite that disaster) 

The Newcastle performance they were woeful and I think Moyes took a huge chance playing the same 11 again after that that’s what I mean by got what they deserved. Think you should alwaus change personnel up myself especially when the fringe players were so impressive during the week against I accept League 1 opposition.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:20pm
He made his West Ham debut five years ago and has never started a league game for them. He needs to move on.

It’s frustrating because you can only excel in the games you play and he has been excellent in every game he’s had for west ham. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

He made his West Ham debut five years ago and has never started a league game for them. He needs to move on.

It’s frustrating because you can only excel in the games you play and he has been excellent in every game he’s had for west ham. 

I'm not sure excellent is the word. Most of his games have come against lower league opposition in domestic cups (2018) springs to mind, and the 2015 Europa League run. These games were pedestrian, and a lot of the players involved, serviceable, the results, more often than not, poor. He was in the midfield when it took WHU two games and extra time to beat Shrewsbury, and he was there when (IIRC) a third tier Wigan dominated West Ham. One of his appearances was a cameo at the end of a 3-0 defeat of Liverpool at Anfield, and another a cameo at the end of a 3-0 defeat of Southampton at the OS. The league cup game against Charlton was a very noticeable performance.

Thats not to say that he is not worth a look today, or that he shouldn't be promoted, but his historical appearances for WH wouldn't necessarily described as "excellent" throughout. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 3:27pm

Fair enough. I think essentially they played okayish typical Moyes will drilled and organised and remained compact against an Arsenal side who are the sort that would labour last night after such an impressive performance last week.. What good that does for West Ham I don’t know especially with their run coming up Moyes could be in trouble and he’s a capable manager (I say that as a Utd fan despite that disaster) 

The Newcastle performance they were woeful and I think Moyes took a huge chance playing the same 11 again after that that’s what I mean by got what they deserved. Think you should alwaus change personnel up myself especially when the fringe players were so impressive during the week against I accept League 1 opposition.
[/QUOTE]

There is sense to changing things after a dreadful performance. But the difficulty is, the players that should be talisman, just don't seem to be. Anderson and Haller should be incredibly reliable and hugely influential Last season, they just didn't seem able to reach that, and were outshone by the more serviceable, and journeymen type players.

I also feel that Moyes has a bigger task on his hands, but mostly because he isn't being asked to save WHU's necks after a poor run, but to manage them over the entire season, and guide them to some semblance of success. Otherwise, it is becoming a dime store version of what Palace are achieving, but with less likeable owners, players, and management.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 7:13pm
No longer starting tonight.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

No longer starting tonight.

Issa diop and cullen both pulled from the atarting 11, anyone know why?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 64>
  Share Topic