Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonny Hayes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 2:16pm
Jonny Hayes looks about 40. The nose on him.

Fair play to himself and Rooney scoring today to put Aberdeen in the final.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 2:20pm
He looks like a fella in the early house on a Monday morning, lovely little dig at the Huns though.Clap
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:02pm
Looked decent against Iceland. Rooney has to get a run out in June
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Rustybedsprings View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustybedsprings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:47pm
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/0502/871939-jonny-hayes-short-listed-for-scottish-player-award/

Well done Jonny Hayes, great season for Aberdeen.

Baring a major split in the votes I'd say he's little chance of winning it though.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:53pm
When is he signing for Celtic?
Rustybedsprings View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustybedsprings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:56pm
Unlikely, he's a bit too old for Celtics signing policy, also Celtic have decent options on their wings with Sinclair & Forrest. I think there was a EFL championship side after him over the winter window though?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Nowhere near good enough, he is loved in Aberdeen but he might fancy the money in the championship.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Nowhere near good enough, he is loved in Aberdeen but he might fancy the money in the championship.
Brendan Rodgers was singing Jonny's praises recently think he worked with him at Reading but I agree I can't see the Dub going to Celtic
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:00pm

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think he'd inprove them but is he any worse than Mackay-Steven, Forrest etc.? Probably not... Sinclair is Celtics only winger who's markedly better, and Roberts won't be there next year so they'll need some extra depth.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think he'd inprove them but is he any worse than Mackay-Steven, Forrest etc.? Probably not... Sinclair is Celtics only winger who's markedly better, and Roberts won't be there next year so they'll need some extra depth.
Mackay-Steven is nowhere near good enough either, although I think when he gets his confidence back he will at least an equal to Hayes for another Scottish club. I am not a big fan of Forrest but he is much better this season and would have him over Hayes every time, I would actually say markedly better.  Forrest will be kept in and around the squad, another right winger is definitely needed though.
There has been talk of Pep wanting to assess Roberts in the summer before, possibly, sending him out again on loan for the year. I think the club should push the boat out to have him at Celtic in some shape or form, the lad is different class.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:12pm
Celtic will buy quality over quantity in the summer, if Delia was still in charge you could definitely see someone like Hayes interesting him.

With Brendan, I can see just a couple of additions but they will players like Sinclair will go straight into the starting line up and be expected to be automatic week in week out, I couldn't see Hayes fitting that profile. 

Kouassi was signed for the CL qualifiers in mind and more the future than the right now, with Celtic's engine room more than capable. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Celtic will buy quality over quantity in the summer, if Delia was still in charge you could definitely see someone like Hayes interesting him.

With Brendan, I can see just a couple of additions but they will players like Sinclair will go straight into the starting line up and be expected to be automatic week in week out, I couldn't see Hayes fitting that profile. 

Kouassi was signed for the CL qualifiers in mind and more the future than the right now, with Celtic's engine room more than capable. 
Spot on, Hayes would have been someone Deila would have looked at.
I actually think there will be a few ins and outs this year though. There is a few of the higher earners amongst those who have contracts up; Touré, Commons, Ambrose, Roberts Ciftci, Ambrose etc. I would imagine that the overall wage bill would be more likely to rise than fall. Add in GMS, Bitton almost certainly leaving and there will be a few key arrivals and squad players coming. If Dembele was to stay I would expect a right winger as his first key signing.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:42pm

Mackay-Steven is nowhere near good enough either, although I think when he gets his confidence back he will at least an equal to Hayes for another Scottish club. I am not a big fan of Forrest but he is much better this season and would have him over Hayes every time, I would actually say markedly better.  Forrest will be kept in and around the squad, another right winger is definitely needed though.
There has been talk of Pep wanting to assess Roberts in the summer before, possibly, sending him out again on loan for the year. I think the club should push the boat out to have him at Celtic in some shape or form, the lad is different class.

I'm not suggesting Celtic should sign him, just that he'd easily be good enough to be a squad player for them based on what they have there at the moment. I don't think Hayes is outstanding, but he's undoubtedly been one of the top players in the SPL for a few years now, he's certainly the standout for Aberdeen (ie.the leagues second best club). For that reason alone I think it's a bit ridiculous to scoff at the idea of him playing for Celtic, and if he were 5 years younger I'd say there would be a decent chance of it happening.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:51pm

I'm not suggesting Celtic should sign him, just that he'd easily be good enough to be a squad player for them based on what they have there at the moment. I don't think Hayes is outstanding, but he's undoubtedly been one of the top players in the SPL for a few years now, he's certainly the standout for Aberdeen (ie.the leagues second best club). For that reason alone I think it's a bit ridiculous to scoff at the idea of him playing for Celtic, and if he were 5 years younger I'd say there would be a decent chance of it happening.
There is no player playing for another club in Scotland who is at the required standard Celtic have set, that is just being realistic.  As I have said, he would probably have been signed under Deila but the idea can be "scoffed" at these days.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:25pm
Hayes is no Willo Flood
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:58pm

There is no player playing for another club in Scotland who is at the required standard Celtic have set, that is just being realistic.  As I have said, he would probably have been signed under Deila but the idea can be "scoffed" at these days.

Actually, I'd say it's the exact opposite of realistic, it's bordering on absurd. To suggest there's no other players in the SPL who would even be useful squad players for Celtic makes no sense at all, it's positively illogical.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:12pm

Actually, I'd say it's the exact opposite of realistic, it's bordering on absurd. To suggest there's no other players in the SPL who would even be useful squad players for Celtic makes no sense at all, it's positively illogical.
There really isn't though, it isn't absurd to anybody who has been following Scottish football this season. If you want a third choice keeper or ninth choice midfielder maybe. It is a mixture of the division being of quite poor standard and Celtic having improved and set higher targets for the club. The fact Ryan Christie has got more games in two months on loan at Aberdeen than two years at Celtic would highlight that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:49pm
Just to show that it wasn't an off the cuff remark or exaggeration, this was the team the Daily Record picked as the best of the rest 11 in the SPFL.

Clark -St. Johnstone

Logan- Aberdeen
Lindsay- Partick
Souttar-Hearts
Wallace- the Rangers

Walker- Hearts
McLean- Aberdeen
McGinn- Hibs
Hayes- Aberdeen

Cummings- Hibs
Rooney- Aberdeen

I disagree with Clark, I still think Foderingham is the best outside of Celtic but, as he showed on Saturday, isn't great. We need a better challenge to Gordon than Dorus or Wes.

Shay Logan is a fine right-back and would do a decent job in the championship, is nowhere Lustig or Gamboa.
Liam Lindsay is actually someone I have suggested wouldn't be a bad signing in the past, there is little to suggest he is better than young Kris Ajer , who Rodgers sees as a centre-half. We need a decent and experienced centre-half to replace Touré, who I feel has been a flop.
Souttar- A lot of hype but no substance, he is young but I don't think is good enough. 
Wallace- One of the Rangers better players but showed how out of his depth he was at international level. 

Walker- An average right-winger, not exactly a replacement for Roberts. Isn't even anywhere near GMS, never mind Forrest
McLean- Far too inconsistent, even within games, but he does have talent. He wouldn't get near the team
McGinn- Very similar to above, but is younger and has more drive. I once thought he could replace Brown but now I am not so sure. He definitely needs to be playing regularly to develop and would be behind Brown, Armstrong, Kouassi, Bitton, Rogic, McGregor
Hayes- has been discussed.

Cummings- Will be a decent player in the Scottish Premiership, I don't think he will be any more. 
Rooney- Extremely limited but making the most of it. There is a reason he hasn't been seen for Ireland.

Back to Hayes himself, he played left back on Saturday and was poor by all accounts, ruling him out as an option there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic