You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonny Hayes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:59pm
Any relation to Martin Hayes? he was rubbish anorl
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Think all his loan clubs were disappointed with him, just saw him at Orient and he was like a gazelle. The point was though, players don't work out at certain clubs for a myriad of reasons, doesn't mean they are bad players

I think everyone would accept that point, however it is quite hard to ignore the fact that a lot of guys seem to go to the SPL having done nothing of note with their careers and suddenly achieve a great degree of success there. Either Scottish teams are brilliant motivators and facilitators of untapped talent, or the standard just isn't very good.
We're decent enough..
Charlo View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 11:30pm

Originally posted by richie_os richie_os wrote:

Some very harsh opinions in here. The lad made two late cameos in games where the flow had already been completely disrupted by many substitutions. He tracked back well and looked threatening taking on his full back, winning a couple of corners. I wasn't overly thrilled when he was named in the squad, but how anyone can say he's not good enough based on that is beyond me

Because he isn't good enough. At 29 and when your first cap is a friendly a few months before a major tournament it is vital you hit the ground running. He didn't. He deserved his go but seemed to do the same thing over and over again when he got the ball.
MON likes a player that can cross a ball. Hayes has that in his locker, bit of old skool in him in getting to the byeline and he puts whip on the cross. At times his game reminds me of one of O'Neill's favourites from his club days in that of Steve Guppy!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Think all his loan clubs were disappointed with him, just saw him at Orient and he was like a gazelle. The point was though, players don't work out at certain clubs for a myriad of reasons, doesn't mean they are bad players

I think everyone would accept that point, however it is quite hard to ignore the fact that a lot of guys seem to go to the SPL having done nothing of note with their careers and suddenly achieve a great degree of success there. Either Scottish teams are brilliant motivators and facilitators of untapped talent, or the standard just isn't very good.

Fair enough. I think Hayes' time with Ireland will be brief, I also think we shouldn't be knocking him for this achievement.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 12:37am
Not knocking him at all, I quite like him actually. He's been excellent for Aberdeen and fully deserves his recognition. I had said in the past he should be looked at for a call-up and I'm glad he got his chance. I'm simply pointing out that when the likes of Kane Hemmings are getting nominated for PoTY, it doesn't say a massive amount for the standard of the SPL.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 3:51pm
A clean-sweep of all the major accolades at Aberdeen's award ceremony last night for Hayes.
We're decent enough..
Hoppy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 1:38pm
That Jonny Hayes for Aberdeen is a class act, causes all sorts of problems for fullbacks
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 2:33pm
JH has scored for Aberdeen v sevco.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 2:37pm
Took his goal very well but just gave away a stupid penalty.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 2:38pm
And now given away a penalty! Terrible defending.
Darrener View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 3:20pm
He was given Man of the Match Thumbs Up
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Darrener Darrener wrote:

He was given Man of the Match Thumbs Up

Well each to their own but I thought his performance was something of a mixed bag but glad he got the goal against them lot
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 5:25pm
Scored the opener today.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 8:27pm
JH has scored Aberdeens third goal v Kilmarnock tonight.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:21am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 8:28pm
JH has scored for Aberdeen tonight.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 2:05pm
Was absolutely robbed of an assist last night LOL

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Was absolutely robbed of an assist last night LOL

Always the same old Storey.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic