You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonathan Hill appointed FAI CEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Surely the performances on the pitch have a lot more to do with the sponsorship issues than the performance of the CEO. Only so much he can do given the team's performances in the last year - sponsors want to associate with teams that win competitive games every now and again.

However it seems clear from this thread that he is a prime candidate for a fall guy for the pro Kenny crowd who are desperately scraping around looking for someone else to blame. He'll either get the blame for sacking him or get the blame for anything else that goes wrong if he keeps him on.

Cute.
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me<b> You Tell Me wrote:

Surely the performances on the pitch have a lot more to do with the sponsorship issues than the performance of the CEO.
Only so much he can do given the team's performances in the last year - sponsors want to associate with teams that win competitive games every now and again.

However it seems clear from this thread that he is a prime candidate for a fall guy for the pro Kenny crowd who are desperately scraping around looking for someone else to blame. He'll either get the blame for sacking him or get the blame for anything else that goes wrong if he keeps him on.

The lack of a primary sponsor is a legacy issue of how the former CEO very publicly ran the organisation into the ground. It's nothing to do with performances on the pitch. The FAI is a toxic brand at the moment. At least in fairness to Hill, it looks like he's slowly turning this around. It will take a long time though 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
AbuAbu View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 12:28am
Pip, your clearly talking rubbish when blaming Hill for the sponsorship issues. Brand was toxic when he took over. Seems to be turning things around on that front. 

Also saying it took him 6 months to get over here ...... remember the travel restrictions?????

I agree with u re Dervan & Mcglue. Only logical reason I can think of there is contractual out ongoing investigations. However o don't know that just speculating
It's not me it's you:-)
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I poster criticised him Confused 
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic