Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonathan Afolabi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 8:25am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I watched a good bit of this game. Afolabi did certain things well, was in a good position to score the goal and held the ball up well at times.

However he was also very laboured in possession at times, gave the ball away a lot and missed an open goal near the end.

Being honest, he looks like he has found his level for now at least with Dundee. Based on the times I've seen him playing for Dundee and Dunfermline in the last year I'd be surprised if he ever developed to senior international standard. I suppose you'd never know, but I can definitely see why Southampton let him go and Celtic didn't even bother to get him involved in pre-season with their senior squad this season.

Hopefully he can show more for our under 21s in the next qualifying campaign. But he will be under pressure for his place with the likes of Obafemi and Kayode being eligible as well. There's also Ryan Cassidy, although he doesn't seem to be kicking on either at Accrington. Parrott might even be involved with the Under 21s at times as he doesn't look ready for the senior squad yet.

You spent a part of your day watching Dundee vs Bonnyrigg Rose? How do you put yourself through that?
How I would feel about EPl or Champions League, but would travel a fair distance to watch a non-league game I have no connection too! Would be far more interested in Bonnyrigg Rose and would have watched this if I had known it was available.
In fact, with the way football, particularly international football, has gone, I would much rather watch Bonnyrigg than Ireland.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He got a lot of racist abuse on social media I see 
f**king disgraceful, btw. Ban these idiots for life 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic