You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jon Walters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 72>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Played the full 90. Anyone watch it?

Yep.  Looked like he's back to full fitness. Not much opportunity to impress as a striker,  getting flick on's from goalkeeper clearances to nobody. But he was full of beans throughout, chasing lost causes, running at defenders, tackling, back in his own box defending set pieces, etc.

One of his flick ons lead to a one on one situation for Stoke, where the defender recovered if my memory serves me right

Of course they weren't all wasted. He must have won loads of headers throughout the game. Mostly Stoke had little ambition to get bodies up around him. Berahino generally played very wide from Walters in order to cover and stretch the Man C defence as much as possible.

Edited by Stoked Up - 09 Mar 2017 at 3:48pm
Sponsored Links

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:04pm
Starts today vs Chelsea. Whelan on the bench
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 3:38pm
scores a penalty vs Chelsea. 1-1
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 6:29am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 3:45pm
Puts Stoke 1 up vs Liverpool
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 3:46pm
Against Liverpool as well

He scored a winning penalty before and said how sweet it was as his father in law is a Liverpool supporter

Edited by irishmufc - 08 Apr 2017 at 3:46pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:26am
Jonathan Walters could quit Stoke City this summer

Admitadly, only speculation, but SJW is not the sort to sit around picking up bench splinters when another club might give him more game time. Burnley, with it's growing Irish contingent wouldn't be a bad fit.
Also, he has been injured quite a bit this season, so his game time has been restricted for this reason too. 

I'll be very disappointed and surprised to see him leave. There's few players out there that can galvanise team mates in the sort of infectious way that SJW brings to almost every game he plays. For a lad with limited ability, he's been punching well above his weight during his tenure at Stoke. I wouldn't be at all surprised to still see him knocking around at the top level for at least another couple of seasons, wherever that may be.

The article also mentions Glenn Whelan. He's confounded critics so many times, and seen off so many replacements it's impossible to write him off, although it does look like father time may have finally caught up with him.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:34am
I never knew he was an SJW, I thought he was a Tory ****.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL My dyslexia is talking hold...He's known as Super Jonny Walters

Edited by Stoked Up - 26 Apr 2017 at 10:52am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:49am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL My dyslexia is talking hold...He's known as Super Jonny Walters

I know, I was joking.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:12am
Stoke might be about to lose a significant amount of their Irish contingent should Walters depart.

Whelan is contracted till summer of '18.  I don't think he'll go elsewhere, as next year will be his testimonial year.
Given and Ireland's contracts are up this summer.
U21 Ryan Sweeney, who's currently on loan to Bristol Rovers may return.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:25am

Jonathan Walters could quit Stoke City this summer

Admitadly, only speculation, but SJW is not the sort to sit around picking up bench splinters when another club might give him more game time. Burnley, with it's growing Irish contingent wouldn't be a bad fit.
Also, he has been injured quite a bit this season, so his game time has been restricted for this reason too. 

I'll be very disappointed and surprised to see him leave. There's few players out there that can galvanise team mates in the sort of infectious way that SJW brings to almost every game he plays. For a lad with limited ability, he's been punching well above his weight during his tenure at Stoke. I wouldn't be at all surprised to still see him knocking around at the top level for at least another couple of seasons, wherever that may be.

The article also mentions Glenn Whelan. He's confounded critics so many times, and seen off so many replacements it's impossible to write him off, although it does look like father time may have finally caught up with him.

Not sure John is what Burnley are looking for a Vokes is in the same kind of player as John so can't see it . Funny lots of talk about Shane Long heading north , again only internet talk .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:17pm

Stoke might be about to lose a significant amount of their Irish contingent should Walters depart.

Whelan is contracted till summer of '18.  I don't think he'll go elsewhere, as next year will be his testimonial year.
Given and Ireland's contracts are up this summer.
U21 Ryan Sweeney, who's currently on loan to Bristol Rovers may return.

Didn't he stop being Irish years ago and become a stateless c***?

They should refuse him a passport and make him apply for a British one on residency grounds, just in time for Brexit.

Never forgive,Never forget.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:32pm
Linked with Newcastle i believe, hope he likes Conference Football
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 6:31pm
Quality goal from BBJ.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Quality goal from BBJ.
The miss was as impressive!LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 4:48am

Hopefully Jon will be okay for Sunday.

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 10:08am
It was only a precaution thankfully
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 72>
  Share Topic