You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joining Sinn Fein....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 5:12am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

After watching Vincent Browne, the smug lad and Joan Bruton talking bollix, against the backdrop of the political mess over the last few months has led me to the conclusion that Sinn Fein are the only Party that are offering a viable alternative..... Im joining

Ouch
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 5:14am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

I would rather sit through every episode of Fair City or nationwide than vote for them shower of fookers

Angry Don't be knocking the Nationwide
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

In the future I have to say i would like to see them part of a coalition for a change see what there really made of! One cant keep saying no forever ( remember paisley) if they win more seats in the pending election then that gives them a mandate in my eyes! if the UUP & DUP can share government with them down North then thats the green light for them up here, give them two portfolios obviously not finance, justice or defence! but the Arts & Culture portfolio and the tourism portfolio make them put up or shut up!

Down North and up here(ROI), where are you living Neil? Upside down land?LOL
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

I would rather sit through every episode of Fair City or nationwide than vote for them shower of fookers

Angry Don't be knocking the Nationwide
You a fan of Mary Bob?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 5:50am
one sack check
twenty door knobs check
swinging motion check

congratulations you are now a sinner

joan burton was the only party finance spokesperson of the big three parties which argued AGAINST the blanket bank guarantee, the sole reason why we have to face years of austerirty

Edited by Saint Tom - 25 Jan 2011 at 5:51am
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

full of hot air...actually read one of their manifesto...i remember reading their party maifesto on finance for the last general election and im not joking a 12 year could have written it, basically give everyone free gaffs....THey are a party that love to blame, but if they got in power i doubt they would do fecck all....on a local level they do  good things though

to echo this point, did you see Adams was interviewed last night, and he did'nt even know the current VAT rate. They have no credibility imo.
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 5:04am
I heard that interview also Citizen, Adams was asked if he knew the VAT rate, he didn't.
He was asked about what changes he would make to Childerens allowance, he started on about FG, and they asked him how much it was deducted and he said he din't know.

His arguments were described as 'Watery' 
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 5:06am
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 5:22am
I do find it strange Adams running in the south. He'll always be known as a northern politican (among other things obviously) and even up here, he's been in the background for a long time, i.e letting McGuinness take the deputy First minister role. He wouldn't be the sharpest on frontline politics either side of the border I'd say. He should just remain as party president in a figurehead role.
@AntrimMan85
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 5:46am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

I do find it strange Adams running in the south. He'll always be known as a northern politican (among other things obviously) and even up here, he's been in the background for a long time, i.e letting McGuinness take the deputy First minister role. He wouldn't be the sharpest on frontline politics either side of the border I'd say. He should just remain as party president in a figurehead role.
Agree AntrimMan, he isn't your day to day frontline constituency MLA/MP/TD. He has been a man who has had to carry/shift/drag/move the republican movement for the past 2 decades from violence to peace - as a result, he has left the day to day politic to McGuinness in the north, and Ó Caoláinin in the south.

I doubt very much that if/when he is elected Deputy for Louth that he will be there day in day out in the cut and thrust of every debate, its not his style. The old guard of Sinn Féin - Adams, McGuinness, Doherty, Ferris etc are all beginning to bow out, I think he just wants to indulge in being elected to the Dáil before he goes.

Those of you of who will argue that now is not the time for indulgence given the economic crisis it is a very valid argument, especially as Louth already returns the Ceann Comhairle which may lead to a democratic deficit in the county.
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 8:33am
He's a **** - this fact is only more reinforced when that gimp from Drogheda Q-Man thinks he's great Evil%20Smile
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 8:41am

He's a **** - this fact is only more reinforced when that gimp from Drogheda Q-Man thinks he's great Evil%20Smile

Haha, you're on some stirring mission over the last few days. All ok Bob?Wink
@AntrimMan85
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 8:59am
very bored been waiting over a week for a meeting to happen until it does it's thumb twiddling time..

Did I ever tell you Antriman about the time I met your sisiter?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:04am

very bored been waiting over a week for a meeting to happen until it does it's thumb twiddling time..

Did I ever tell you Antriman about the time I met your sisiter?

You didn't Bob. Its a story you must tell me sometime.

Partly as i'd be interested in what bizzare series of events led you to meeting my sister.

Partly due to not having a sister but its not really important.
@AntrimMan85
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:28am
Did I ever tell you about the time I met your brother?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:45am

Did I ever tell you about the time I met your brother?

Ya, in the square in Zilina. Thumbs%20Up
@AntrimMan85
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:54am

+1, we agree on something Clap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:58am
in power in north and south, we'd be at war with britain within a week. Although for local reasons i do support Sean Crowe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic