You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Terry to leave Chelsea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:04pm
Fairly desperate stuff by Bruce alright. Can't see Terry staying at Villa if they do get promoted - he'll be off somewhere else you'd imagine.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:19pm
LOL

Think i just lost all respect i had for Steve Bruce and Villa.

He should play against whoever the team plays and manager asks him to not the other way around, this is a player not celebrating against his former team taken a step further.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0524/965714-villa-willing-to-let-terry-skip-chelsea-games/

LOL

f**kin hell Embarrassed
Handy way to get an extra 2 days off work
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:05pm
Some joke Clown
Some people just deserve a slap
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He'll be sitting on the Chelsea subs bench no doubt.

What a pleb.

and appear on the pitch in full Chelsea gear afterwards. proper bell end
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Fairly desperate stuff by Bruce alright. Can't see Terry staying at Villa if they do get promoted - he'll be off somewhere else you'd imagine.

Confused

The reason he will likely stay is because the club will be giving him a new deal if they get promoted. 

Hence the whole point of the article. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Confused

The reason he will likely stay is because the club will be giving him a new deal if they get promoted. 

Hence the whole point of the article. 

Thanks for clearing that one up. Stern Smile My point was that, as is stated in the article, he turned down a number of Prem clubs for Villa largely due to the fact he didn't want to play against Chelsea. Unless he has had a change of heart on the matter over the past 12 months then you'd assume he won't be playing for another team in the same league as them.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:15pm
he’s been bloody excellent for us this season, don’t see an issue with this at all tbh. 

Edited by Sono - 24 May 2018 at 5:16pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

he’s been bloody excellent for us this season, don’t see an issue with this at all tbh. 

So what if you're playing Chelsea on the last day of the season and need a  result to stay up and he's been in flying form  ?

Edited by Denis Irwin - 24 May 2018 at 5:18pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:25pm
Dinny I can’t quote you for some reason, if that is the case and we are relying and a then 38 year old to save us then we deserve to be going down. 

If Villa go up at the weekend and Terry stays he won’t be playing a whole lot of games anyway imo. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:53pm
I thought it was a joke on Paddy Power's instagram when I seen it.

Some club captain LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:12pm
That's a very strange attitude to take. As mentioned the idea of not celebrating against a former team is a bit naff, but actually contracting out of playing against former teams is entirely unprofessional.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:30pm

ah Sono, stop for jaysus sake. Its ridiculous.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:24pm

Sorry Sono but this embarrassing at best but in truth completely disrespectful to Villa and their fans......he plays for Villa NOT Chelsea...he doesn’t even have youthful naivety to call upon 

Great player no doubting 
Arrogant knob no doubting too
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:40pm
The whole thing is an embarrassment for everyone at Villa. It is ridiculous to be talking about this a couple of days before a play-off final, to have the manager discuss the minute details of what will happen if they win is beyond crass. 
That is before we even get to the stupidity of the clause itself, or the fact that it has now added extra needle to a game with the only professional club from,ahem, Chelsea.

I hope Fulham hammer them and, in tribute, let one of their players who failed to make the match squad go and collect the jersey in full kit.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

ah Sono, stop for jaysus sake. Its ridiculous.

Spot on Sham, what an absolute fooking cockwomble, Villa should call the ****s bluff if they get promoted, "aw I don't wanna play against Chelsea next season", would you go and sh*te.

Anyone thinking this is acceptable needs a slap.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 3:06pm
Where is the evidence that Terry said he didn't want to play against Chelsea next season? I know he said he didn't when he signed for Villa but that is the usual spiel any outgoing big player gives when leaving - eg Lampard, Gerrard, Iniesta, Xavi etc. 

Looks like a negotiating tactic by Villa to me.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic