You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Joe Patrick Finn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:03pm
I see Transfermarkt lists his citizenship as English and Spanish.

Shocked

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Dec 2020 at 7:03pm
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I see Transfermarkt lists his citizenship as English and Spanish.

Shocked

That was an error I’ve seen elsewhere - on ESPN, for example. Transfermarkt not reliable at the best of times 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

brilliant to see a young irish man playing in la liga anyway , ryan nolan on the bench again today as well

Is there anything in particular to suggest that he wants to play for us. He seems to have four options and I wouldn't be surprised if we're his last choice out of those.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:58pm
well his father is from mayo. I hear his father is deceased but you’d imagine he’d have some allegiance to Ireland . Is his mother African??
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

well his father is from mayo. I hear his father is deceased but you’d imagine he’d have some allegiance to Ireland . Is his mother African??

The mother is French Cameroonian. Spain is his native country. His father is Irish. If I understand correctly, he could play for four countries despite some clownish assertions to the contrary about what a complete stranger to us identifies as.

Michael Obafemi was born in Dublin to Nigerian parents and moved to England as a baby. He plays for us. So it's jumping the gun to completely discount the idea of this fella wanting to play for Spain.

He also sounds very close to his mother going by comments he made to the media, in which case he could identify more strongly with his French or Cameroonian roots.

It's all speculation until he starts regularly enough or shows enough form to warrant selection at Intl level. The FAI are aware of him anyways.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Dec 2020 at 8:05pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 8:54pm
I'm told his oul' fella is from down the road from me - about six stone's throws from Terryland Park

John Joe for United
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

The mother is French Cameroonian. Spain is his native country. His father is Irish. If I understand correctly, he could play for four countries despite some clownish assertions to the contrary about what a complete stranger to us identifies as.

Michael Obafemi was born in Dublin to Nigerian parents and moved to England as a baby. He plays for us. So it's jumping the gun to completely discount the idea of this fella wanting to play for Spain.

He also sounds very close to his mother going by comments he made to the media, in which case he could identify more strongly with his French or Cameroonian roots.

It's all speculation until he starts regularly enough or shows enough form to warrant selection at Intl level. The FAI are aware of him anyways.

Cameroon would be a good choice. Good chance of getting to World Cup. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:18pm
Whats Spanish for don't call me I'll call you or i just want to concentrate on my club football for now

Edited by doherty - 12 Dec 2020 at 10:19pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:29pm
Solo quiero concentrarme en el fútbol de mi club por ahora.

Sería demasiado vergonzoso jugar al fútbol con Jeff Hendrick.

Edited by You Tell Me - 12 Dec 2020 at 10:32pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:30pm
Bonjour 😂
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Whats Spanish for don't call me I'll call you or i just want to concentrate on my club football for now
Getafe uck

Edited by sid waddell - 12 Dec 2020 at 11:04pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Getafe uck

LOLClap
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:49pm
to be fair our international honours and Spain’s are practically  identical if you ignore their 2EC and 1 WC over a 12 year period 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

The man himself speaks! 

<p style="margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">https://www.getafecf.com/Noticia/tabid/137/Article/7194/J-Patrick-Fue-una-alegria-inmensa.aspx

<p style="margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">

<p style="margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">No ideas what he’s saying.

<p style="margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">

<p style="margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">Getafe have a game tomorrow v Sevilla and have 3 players suspended. Could get a look in.

<p style="margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">They haven’t won in at least five games, which makes me think he has a chance to step in and do something and win a spot. Fingers crossed 

Listening to that I conclude he's never playing for Ireland and I have not idea what he's saying either............just a gut feeling
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:50pm
Dont know what site I read it on in the last few weeks but apparently this kid was deemed not good enough for trials or had trials and was then deemed not good enough by the FAI in recent years for underage squads, this would suggest he is intrested in playing for us anyway at least.

Also he was photographed with his younger bro at a football event down the West 2 year ago so I would say his links to this country are fairly strong, most of the Spanish underage squads are made up from players from the big clubs not lads playing for Getafe so I would be surprised if he dosent line out for us on the near future.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 14 Dec 2020 at 6:56pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:55pm
Watched the last few minutes of this kid in Getafe v Sevilla. Not much to report other than he’s tall and a bit leggy. Looks like he will mature well physically. Had some pace but didn’t seem lightening quick. 

He lined up on the right side of midfield. Had a couple of nice moments and a mistake 

You can find it online if you look
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:17am
Getafe are away to 4th tier Anaitasuna in the Copa del Rey at 6pm today, any chance of one or both of Finn/Nolan getting a start?
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:59am
Finn is in the squad, but not Nolan: https://twitter.com/GetafeCF/statuses/1339188853274501120
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic