You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 48>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 10:51am
Has been named FAI Player of the Year despite playing only 2 games so far in 2021 (and just 4 in the SK era..)

Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 10:55am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Has been named FAI Player of the Year despite playing only 2 games so far in 2021 (and just 4 in the SK era..)

Egan gets all the love.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 8:52pm
Cracking header big man and what a corner.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:09am
Very frustrating on the ball tonight. Kept passing back or sideways and didnt seem comfortable taking it into the space in front of him.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:19am
It was evident in the Azerbaijan game that the back 3 need to be stepping out with the ball when they have space. There were loads of chances to do it in the first half last night too and they weren't taken.

The ball ends up back with the 3 CB's a bit too often when we're on the attacking. By all means, our midfielders need to keep possession, but we should only be going back to the CB's if we absolutely need to.

Omobamidele starting bringing the ball out of defence in the last 15 minutes and it made a huge difference for us.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:25am
I thought he was grand. Did very well over the 3 games for me. He's not got the ball levels of Omobamidele but defensive wise I thought very solid.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:24am
He had a tough night up against the classy Vlahovic.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:37am
yeah thought last night was his toughest, really struggled against the Serbia attack and seemed less confident on the ball than usual. But was brilliant in Portugal
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:54am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I thought he was grand. Did very well over the 3 games for me. He's not got the ball levels of Omobamidele but defensive wise I thought very solid.

And if Omobamidele starts to become a regular in the team, which he probably will now that O'Shea is out. It should ease pressure on Egan to be our main ball playing defender.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

And if Omobamidele starts to become a regular in the team, which he probably will now that O'Shea is out. It should ease pressure on Egan to be our main ball playing defender.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 08 Sep 2021 at 12:17pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 1:44pm
Scores against Hull to make it 2-0.

Hourihane making his full debut.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Scores against Hull to make it 2-0.

Hourihane making his full debut.

Thumbs Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 1:58pm
3-0, Egan again. Hull are shocking at defending corners.

Edited by J89 - 18 Sep 2021 at 1:59pm
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 2:00pm
and hourihane with two assists 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 2:57pm
Good stuff Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 5:44pm
Two goals for Egan is fantastic  having both Duffy and Egan in the team for set pieces will be our best chance of a goal at this point.

Worrying that not a single player in the premier league, championship or League 1 is chipping in with goals or assists on a semi regular basis.

Anyone know why Hourihane came off on the 64th minute? Injury? 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Two goals for Egan is fantastic  having both Duffy and Egan in the team for set pieces will be our best chance of a goal at this point.

Worrying that not a single player in the premier league, championship or League 1 is chipping in with goals or assists on a semi regular basis.

Anyone know why Hourihane came off on the 64th minute? Injury? 

They were 3-0 nil up. Jokanovic was probably managing his game time considering his lack of match practice.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 1:13pm
Hourihane always runs out of steam after an hour. 

Delighted for him to get the two assists yesterday but he has to be one of worst players for stamina that I've ever seen playing for Ireland tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 48>
  Share Topic