You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 48>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

Recall for Keogh?

Don't want to see him involved with Ireland again after his involvement in the drink driving car crash. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Sponsored Links

xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I can't see Clark playing the Serbia game.
The way things stand at the moment, It will be Duffy and O'Shea with Stevens at left back.

Clark should be first choice central defender... just an issue to put in with him. I would give Duffy benefit of the doubt

How many competitive appearances does Clark have for Ireland in the last 3 or 4 years? Very few. So for a player with so much experience, to make him "first choice" is a very bold statement. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Recall for Keogh?

Don't want to see him involved with Ireland again after his involvement in the drink driving car crash. 
ah stop LOL
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Recall for Keogh?

ah stop LOL

I'm being serious. I've never booed a player on a team that I support in any sport. But Keogh is a professional soccer player, and it was at/after a soccer event when that happened. He was punished at club level, and should be punished at country level also. 

Anyway, this is a John Egan thread. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 11:44pm

Recall for Keogh?

ah stop LOL

I'm being serious. I've never booed a player on a team that I support in any sport. But Keogh is a professional soccer player, and it was at/after a soccer event when that happened. He was punished at club level, and should be punished at country level also. 

Anywhere else he should be punished? 

Some might say calling him up to play for Ireland in March would be punishment.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 7:05am
Why should he be punished on a country level too?LOL

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:50am

Recall for Keogh?

ah stop LOL

Would you feel the same if it was someone like Knight or Connolly? He made a mistake, a tit of himself, apologised and was punished for it. People make mistakes and deserve a second chance.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:07am
Came on as a sub at the 77th minute yesterday against Leeds, good to see him back.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Came on as a sub at the 77th minute yesterday against Leeds, good to see him back.

Totally agree, when you look at the irish players that will be part of relegated teams -

Egan, Stevens, mcgoldrick, oshea, Robinson, (potentially Clark and hendrick)

I would say only Egan and oshea have a shot at being snapped up by another premier league team.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 11:38am

Recall for Keogh?

ah stop LOL

So what exactly would you boo him for.  He went drinking and got in a car with lads who were drink driving.  

Did you boo Mark Kennedy and Phill Babb or Roy Keane when he was arrested .   As far as I know Keogh didnt break angel laws. 

You sir are talking out of your arse  
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:07pm
That's relegation confirmed for Sheffield United, a complete disaster of a season for them.

The thinking among Sheffield United supporters seems to be that Egan has done enough in the last two seasons to get a premier league move in the summer. Hopefully they're right, he deserves to be playing at that level. I think he's probably a £20m plus premier league centre back in the right team, probably somewhere around mid table, it's just whether his profile is high enough for him to get the move.

Stevens you'd imagine will go down with Sheffield United, he hasn't looked good enough this season.

Edited by You Tell Me - 17 Apr 2021 at 10:10pm
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:12pm
egan (in my opinion)is far to good not to be playing in the premiership next year.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

That's relegation confirmed for Sheffield United, a complete disaster of a season for them.

The thinking among Sheffield United supporters seems to be that Egan has done enough in the last two seasons to get a premier league move in the summer. Hopefully they're right, he deserves to be playing at that level. I think he's probably a £20m plus premier league centre back in the right team, probably somewhere around mid table, it's just whether his profile is high enough for him to get the move.

Stevens you'd imagine will go down with Sheffield United, he hasn't looked good enough this season.

Agree with all of that but I would say Egan would go for around something closer to £10m. 

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:37pm
Don't think Egan will get a move.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:37pm
Because of where Sheffield United have ended up £10m would probably be about right this summer. I do think he's a potential bargain for someone at that kind of price though.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Because of where Sheffield United have ended up £10m would probably be about right this summer. I do think he's a potential bargain for someone at that kind of price though.

He was linked with Everton quite heavily last summer. It would be criminal if he didn’t get a PL move in the summer Irish or not. Class player and arguably Sheffield Utds best. Himself O’Connell and Berge the top 3. 

Just hope he gets a move. Generally centre backs teams cry out for them so hopefully that’s the case and Egan gets a move.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Don't think Egan will get a move.
Likewise. Fingers crossed I'm wrong
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:46am
I don't think Sheffield's record this season is going to attract a lot of buyers. O'Connell's injury killed them effectively. The gap between the top two divisions is so broad at the moment though if he stays on you can see them getting promoted again next season so his days as a Premier league player are not over either way. Not sure Stevens will make it back though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 48>
  Share Topic