You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 48>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 7:53pm
[QUOTE=Nialler]John off injured and it didn't look good. Ireland players are absolutely cursed at the moment. For the love of god!!

Hinders any move in the summer too. hard lines for the lad.
[/QUOTE

Why would it hinder any move in the summer? 
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 7:55pm
Honestly Egan Collins and Masterson all this weekend did someone put a f**king curse on us or something.

Obafemi Smallbone Idah with serious injuries too. Anyone else I’m missing? 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

[QUOTE=Nialler]John off injured and it didn't look good. Ireland players are absolutely cursed at the moment. For the love of god!!

Hinders any move in the summer too. hard lines for the lad.
[/QUOTE

Why would it hinder any move in the summer? 

I'm not sure there's going to be any big rush of Premier League teams to sign John Egan in the summer either way. Which is a shame because he's a very good player, but he strikes me as a lower profile player who will go down with Sheffield United and be quickly forgotten about at that level.

Although Jagielka's effort at defending for the third goal at the end there shows again how much Egan has been holding that defence together for the last couple of seasons.

I suppose from an Ireland point of view him getting injured is only a serious problem if you thought we had a hope in hell of qualifying anyway, which we don't. Throw O'Shea in there beside Clark in March and see how he goes.

Clark might be injured himself by 10pm though at this rate.

Edited by You Tell Me - 15 Feb 2021 at 8:10pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:06pm
I would have thought there would be a few in for him. He is a fine player and has a good mix of attributes. He was one of the best centre halves in the prem last year. SU are having a bad season but I am sure his stats still make him a diamond in the rough. Crystal Palace likely a good fit. Ageing team team in defence. Maybe I am way off and have green tinted specs on.

For what it is worth he is value at 15 mill 

Edited by Nialler - 15 Feb 2021 at 10:20pm
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

I would have thought there would be a few in for him. He is a fine player and has a good mix of attributes. He was one of the best centre halves in the prem last year. SU are having a bad season but I am sure his stats still make him a diamond in the rough. Crystal Palace likely a good fit. Ageing team team in defence. Maybe I am way off and have green tinted specs on.

Problem is he plays a very specific position alas doherty at wolves not too sure if teams would take a risk on him playing in a two
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:34pm
We'll have to wrap Clark in cotton wool for the next several weeks as he's extremely injury prone. Collins wasn't going to be thrown in next month so it's two between Duffy, O'Shea and Clark unless I'm missing someone. At this rate we might need to put Doherty in there again though.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

We'll have to wrap Clark in cotton wool for the next several weeks as he's extremely injury prone. Collins wasn't going to be thrown in next month so it's two between Duffy, O'Shea and Clark unless I'm missing someone. At this rate we might need to put Doherty in there again though.

Long maybe, he's playing the odd game.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:00pm
I was hoping one of Clark Long or O’Shea would play their way into the starting line up for Duffy.

Now we will be playing Duffy. It’s nothing against him it’s not even to do with his form football didn’t start last autumn. 

Just the way we are trying to play he’s blatantly not suited to it. 
Egan will be a big miss he’s a very good player. 

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Feb 2021 at 10:03pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:04pm

I still think he will get a move if they go down yes. Palace or Newcastle who try a back 5 from time to time Wolves the same. Dyche might look at him too. 

I suspect himself and O’Connell will be two major sources of interest. 

As bad as they have been if they hadn’t Egan they would be worse.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Long maybe, he's playing the odd game.

Can't believe I forgot him. He's been very solid whenever he's come in, particularly against Austria in Dublin. Also likely to get game time over the next few weeks with Mee out injured.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:21pm
Richard Keogh is in decent form too. Might not be bad to have him around? 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:21pm
It's a bit of a dilemma now for Kenny I suppose alright. It was easier to drop Duffy if you were bringing in someone alongside Egan and Egan alongside Clark as a pairing seemed to make sense. Now he has to either change both his previous first choice centre backs for Serbia or else stick with a woefully out of form Duffy who doesn't suit his system anyway.

Kenny is certainly not getting any breaks since he got the senior job. But I do think he needs to be judged more on performances than qualification in this group. We will almost certainly finish third, it's how we do it that matters in terms of Kenny getting to stay on for a shot at the Euros next time.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:23pm

I'd still have Duffy, Clark, Long and O'Shea ahead of him. Lenihan's a good age as well and has marshaled Blackburn to within touching distance of the playoff positions again.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It's a bit of a dilemma now for Kenny I suppose alright. It was easier to drop Duffy if you were bringing in someone alongside Egan and Egan alongside Clark as a pairing seemed to make sense. Now he has to either change both his previous first choice centre backs for Serbia or else stick with a woefully out of form Duffy who doesn't suit his system anyway.

Kenny is certainly not getting any breaks since he got the senior job. But I do think he needs to be judged more on performances than qualification in this group. We will almost certainly finish third, it's how we do it that matters in terms of Kenny getting to stay on for a shot at the Euros next time.
If Kenny finishes 3rd he will be under awful pressure if he just misses out on second maybe he will survive but if we are out of the group early his head will be on the chopping block.

It’s clear now Duffy is going to start and Kenny is going to have to adapt his system with him in it especially first day out.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:41pm
We could get the 2016 band back together at this rate, Keogh, McGeady, Hoolahan
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:50pm

I'd still have Duffy, Clark, Long and O'Shea ahead of him. Lenihan's a good age as well and has marshaled Blackburn to within touching distance of the playoff positions again.
Thats not true. Hes been atrocious in alot of games.  As  a Blackburn fan, the defence has been all over the place.  The defending against Preston last Friday was laughable.  Blackburn are nowhere near the playoffs as they go on a bad run time and time again 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:55pm
Somewhere somehow Kenny is doomed. Doooooooooooomed i tell ya
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

Thats not true. Hes been atrocious in alot of games.  As  a Blackburn fan, the defence has been all over the place.  The defending against Preston last Friday was laughable.  Blackburn are nowhere near the playoffs as they go on a bad run time and time again 

He had one relatively brief bad run. He's also had about three or four different partners at CB due to a litany of injuries. He was linked with Sheffield United when they got promoted so he's clearly well regarded at that level.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 48>
  Share Topic