You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 48>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:16pm
egan sent off after 12 mins, last man back pulled the man down, looked harsh enough tbh
Sponsored Links

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Sent off after 13 minutes against Villa. Long ball over the top and he was caught the wrong side of Watkins. Ended up pulling out of him and the ref rules it as denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Similar to the red card he received in the first game back after lockdown last season.
Very poor how Egan tried to deal with that type of situation yet again. He’s been caught out Exactly like that 3/4 over the last while 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 7:59pm
I think he's going to be in for a tougher season this time around, teams will be wise to the fact he struggles when you get him turned and they'll look to exploit it.
We're decent enough..
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

egan sent off after 12 mins, last man back pulled the man down, looked harsh enough tbh
You may consider it harsh, but according to the Rules of the Game it was also entirely correct:

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Sent off after 13 minutes against Villa. Long ball over the top and he was caught the wrong side of Watkins. Ended up pulling out of him and the ref rules it as denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Similar to the red card he received in the first game back after lockdown last season.
Very poor how Egan tried to deal with that type of situation yet again. He’s been caught out Exactly like that 3/4 over the last while 

He was very poor last week against Wolves too and for Ireland he wasn’t much better. Hopefully he will buck up a bit after this like you say was sent off in a similar scenario against Newcastle. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:47pm
They showed Egan's sending off v Villa at half time today and as Sounnss  rightly said very questionable decision as both players involved in the incident were pulling each other.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

They showed Egan's sending off v Villa at half time today and as Sounnss  rightly said very questionable decision as both players involved in the incident were pulling each other.

Jesus Christ DM that was a couple of weeks back.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Jesus Christ DM that was a couple of weeks back.

True but they debated it TODAY and it was the first time I'd seen the incident.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 12:47pm
Didn't cover himself in glory for the Southampton goal just now.

If Sheffield United lose this, surely Wilder will be getting his P45.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 1:21pm
They look certain to go down, that's two less prem players for us unfortunately. 
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Didn't cover himself in glory for the Southampton goal just now.

If Sheffield United lose this, surely Wilder will be getting his P45.

what more could he do really, went for block and ball bounced low into the ground into net, the scuff strike just took it away from him and ramdale
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:30pm
He is their best player and if they go down I would be surprised if another premier league team didn't try to sign him. Steven's however I not so sure.hopefully they will stay up. No irish lads in Southampton squad, which very disappointing from our perspective.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

He is their best player and if they go down I would be surprised if another premier league team didn't try to sign him. Steven's however I not so sure.hopefully they will stay up. No irish lads in Southampton squad, which very disappointing from our perspective.

Poor day for all of the Irish.

John Egan 4: Should have done better with the opening goal, but did not react quick enough. Too easy for Adams.

Enda Stevens 4: Back in at left wing-back but caught in possession on several occasions.

McGoldrick 5: (McBurnie, 48)

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 3:58pm
Egan showed little conviction for the goal, it was very much a half hearted attempt to block a shot. 

Still a solid defender but I feel he should have done better there.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 4:11pm
Everton were interested in signing Egan before he opted for the new contract he was offered at Sheffield Utd. I think Stevens is tied down too but if the club does go down I think Egan may well be poached by a Premiership team.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 4:43pm
It would be good to see Egan stay in the Premier League - he's a Premier League standard player. Stevens was great last season but from what I've seen of him this season for club and country he'll go down with Sheffield United. Unfortunately there is no real competition for his position at international level at all and nobody obvious coming through at left back, which is a big issue for us.
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Sheffield United are definitely going down. Hard to know if another Premier League team would go for him, perhaps a newly promoted team. I cant think of a Premier League team that he would get in. Maybe a Palace if Cahill retires. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:00pm
Very good tonight again. Steven's was ok about 6 out of 10 performance. Mcgoldrick was very good as well and scored 2 goals, it  is a pity he retired, definitely has something still to offer.

Edited by aviva8 - 17 Dec 2020 at 10:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 48>
  Share Topic