You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Egan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 48>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

Indeed they do DM. I work with a Blades fan who has been raving about him for a long time. Have to say I thought his career might have stalled after Brentford, but he has definitely kicked on - as has Stevens.

I only wished Sunderland could have kept him.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:21am
John being linked with a move to Everton.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

John Egone
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

John Egone
he should stay where he is.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 12:20pm
Would be very happy with Egan at Everton, I think he’s a quality player. but I think Ancelotti is going to be looking for big names. That’s what the ownership wants and that’s what Ancelotti is used to unfortunately. 

Egan to Arsenal would be great for them and he’d be a good fit.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

John Egone
he should stay where he is.

John McStay

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 1:01pm
Everton should never have sold Shane Duffy in the first place. 
I hope Egan stays where he is. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 1:46pm
Duffy would never have developed into the player he is if he'd stayed at Everton. He was nowhere near Premier League quality at the time so I don't think it was that big a mistake that they let him go. As he is now though, he'd definitely improve them.
We're decent enough..
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 4:43pm
hope egan stays with sheff utd until the end of the season
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 5:00pm
If I was Egan I’d be moving on ASAP. He’s on piss poor money at Sheffield United and he’s 27 now. This is his chance to get a big move and earn himself a decent few bob. He’s not going to win anything at Sheffield United so a move to a bigger club with plenty of money is the way forward.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 5:11pm
It's encouraging that we seem to have at least 1 player each season coming up from the Championship and really excelling in the Premier League. A couple of seasons ago it was Duffy, last year it was Doherty, and this year it's Egan (albeit you could make a good case for Stevens and McGoldrick too). Also interesting to note that none of them are exactly "young", but rather guys in their mid-20's who have been around for a while and built their way up. I said it a few years ago, but this is the way it's going to be for us moving forward with it being so much more difficult to break through at the top level.
We're decent enough..
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 5:14pm
If Egan was to move on, a good replacement for him at Sheffield United would be Shane Duffy.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

If I was Egan I’d be moving on ASAP. He’s on piss poor money at Sheffield United and he’s 27 now. This is his chance to get a big move and earn himself a decent few bob. He’s not going to win anything at Sheffield United so a move to a bigger club with plenty of money is the way forward.

Oh ya cause its that easy. Im sure his agent has man city chelsea man utd spurs etc plagued.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:58pm

Looked it up and he's on £7500 a week, how not sure accurate that figure us, but probably not that far off.

That's unbelievably low.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Looked it up and he's on £7500 a week, how not sure accurate that figure us, but probably not that far off.

That's unbelievably low.

Agree , wouldn’t get out of the Leaba for that  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:59pm

That's unbelievably low.

Surely happiness plays a factor? And I would imagine he can open contract negotiations too. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 12:09am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That's unbelievably low.

Surely happiness plays a factor? And I would imagine he can open contract negotiations too. 

He should do like the GAA lads do and play for free

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 1:48am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That's unbelievably low.

The whole squad are on low wages, they’re the lowest paid squad of players in the Premier League. Their wage bill for the year is £14m so Egan entering in to negotiations for more cash isn’t going to work.

If Egan got a move to literally any other club in the league his wages would quadruple at least. Sheffield United’s current form is probably going to count against them at some point if clubs like Brighton, Everton and Bournemouth come sniffing for players. Those clubs can offer players massive money compared to what they’re on at the moment. On £7,500 a week Egan won’t be able to live forever when he retires so if he has the chance to go for more money then I wouldn’t blame him.

I remember chatting to a pal of Conor Hourihane’s when he was with Barnsley. He was the marquee player at the club and was on £2,800 per week. He moved to Villa and his basic wage went to £20,000 straight away and he’d have had a promotion based increase worked into that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 48>
  Share Topic