You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 539>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dublin54321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 11:14am
Personally think that is a disingenuous thing to say, surely a letter from the biggest club in the country to the relevant minister highlighting their concerns is better than some type of PR blitz by certain other sections.......

As an aside the only way the FAI will change is through pressure from supporters, unfortunately unless people are willing to give up their super fan status that won’t change, 9 fingers makes the point saliently in saying without foregoing financial support the FAI won’t change and will have no need to change
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 8:20pm
https://twitter.com/marktighest/status/1165331706276130817?s=21

It just keeps coming, these stories could go on for months 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 8:34pm
It really is never-ending.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 9:11pm
The gift that keeps giving

Thank you John and Joseph if you are still watchingTongue
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:59pm
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 12:59am
Mark Tighe yet again delivering the goods Clap
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 2:13am
UEFA really need to take over.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 4:40am
As D'article is behind a paywall, let's invite posters to have an oul guess at a suitable cost and/or well deserved payoff/remuneration for Mr Delaney if he were to vacate his FAI position, or the board were to decide all for themselves that they might be better off without him, as odd a concept as that may seem.   Please bear in mind that this is, in the words of some FAI blazer at a relatively recent FAI AGM '' The best Chief Executive the FAI have ever had''

Severance payoff of, ach, around 19 million euros. Could have been 20 million, but hey, our main man isn't greedy. He had many other opportunities to earn more money outside of D'Fai ya know (rarely ever mentioned that aspect, weren't we lucky to have him all the same ?) 

The preserved head of Giovanni Trappatoni in a jar (a bit like Richard Nixon in Futurama) to permanently give sage advice on defensive midfielders eligible to play for us, and also to compare them (failing that, mention them in the same sentence) with great Italian footballers of yore. 

Lifetime personal bodyguard contract for Royston, who will guard the Big House in Wicklow, armed with only a hurl(ey), his thousand yard stare, a sarcastic tounge and a diet exclusively made up of raw meat. 

Some corporate types, preferably in cream or white suits (think Spice Boy Liverpool 1996 FA cup final here) shall be available on a rotational basis to listen to anecdotes about how our great leader once referred to actual proper businessmen working for the IRFU who knew what they were at financially, as ''pussies''.

Optional lifetime supply of blonde female golddiggers, though it is thought by those in the know that he might not take up this option for reasons unknown. 

3 more provincial football grounds to be named ''John Delaney Park'', including D'Aviva, which is in the province of Leinster and therefore qualifies as one of them. 

Life president of the organisations (originally set up by some random FAI persons unknown) set up in his honour, AKA FAI supporters Clubs, which entails a quid pro quo contract involving him buying beer on an unlimited FAI credit card for said same SC members in exchange for unequivocal praise from said same SC members. Sub clause also includes conferring of rights on said same SC members to vehemently disagree, up to & including the threat of violence, with mere ordinary fans that volunteer a slightly different opinion of the tenure of the greatest CEO the FAI have ever had. 

Permission for former Ybig poster Fintan to publically say ''Actually, on mature recollection, I was right about John'' (told ye all he was a great lad)

Lifetime directorship of, oh I dunno, maybe some completely random communications company based somewhere a long way from here. He could run anything ya know. 

CD boxset of the Wolfe Tone's greatest hits.

I'm probably selling the great man short with those few meagre suggestions, all of the above are the very least he deserves. Can only apologise for my lack of imagination as regards his potential severance, I'm kind of overcome with gratitude for all he has done for our game and me brain has turned to mush. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:10am
Classic deise brilliant. Wonder will the crisc withhold further payments to the scam that is the JOHN Giles Foundation. This shows just how complicit the entire board were in Jd’s dealings.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:14am
FAI ‘pushed’ Aviva for €1.2m score in dividends

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:18am
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:09am
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bd1f9600-c6b2-11e9-b9cd-239465875366

4 Articles on the Fai I’m afraid that their reforms are looking paper thin after today.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:46am
LOLClapClap Deise 

In June 2016, the FAI announced that it had refinanced its stadium debt of some €35m with Bank of Ireland (BoI). However, that November, the FAI board was told there were issues with the FAI finances and its costs had been “underestimated” in the model agreed with the bank”

So the restructuring of the debt led to the bogey deal with SportsDirect as they needed cash up front to meet unpayable* monthly repayments. 
Unbelievable 

*possibly not a word but it’s very early on a Sunday morning 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:56am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:31am
Irish football fans should be eternally grateful to Tighe and Rowan for bringing these stories to light. Just when you think you couldn't be more angry about what he did, another story appears.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Irish football fans should be eternally grateful to Tighe and Rowan for bringing these stories to light. Just when you think you couldn't be more angry about what he did, another story appears.
Time for Pipkin to unveil new bedsheets in appreciation of these two...i wonder will they be met with the same response from stewards as the JD Out banners 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:40am
Think we all need to step up with more vocal protests from here on. f**k them all, silence is complicity at this stage. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:46am
Scarlet for the Crisc soup suppers. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 539>
  Share Topic