You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352 539>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Lads, let's remember where the real issues are here. Fans arguing with each other over how they individually protest is pointless and a waste of time. The vast majority of us want the same thing but may go different ways about it. It's not a contest. 
Yeah from my point of view I welcome fans who protest at matches and I admire those who won't give the FAI a penny. 

On a different know was I the only one who didn't realise his actual name was McGlue for years? I always thought it was just a username he'd made up, like something out of father Ted. 
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The cyber bullying was utter bullsh*t. F*ck all in it, but a beautiful play by JD and his football family to deflect from the scandalous behaviour of himself and the FAI at the time. Of course, this being Ireland, most fell hook line and sinker for it. 

actually we need to have a look back over that and have a word with the media pricks that fell for it , 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:24am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

The cyber bullying was utter bullsh*t. F*ck all in it, but a beautiful play by JD and his football family to deflect from the scandalous behaviour of himself and the FAI at the time. Of course, this being Ireland, most fell hook line and sinker for it. 

actually we need to have a look back over that and have a word with the media pricks that fell for it , 
Nonsense. Some needless posts were made and were caught out. Anyone with a brain knows it was completely exaggerated but the site was still caught with its pants down. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Nonsense. Some needless posts were made and were caught out. Anyone with a brain knows it was completely exaggerated but the site was still caught with its pants down. 

I'm just reading back over that interview now. 

There's some great lines in it. 

Here's evidence of JD not minding about criticism of the FAI. It turns out he was fully open to advice from fans all along. 

"I don't mind criticism of how the FAI is ran, but I take huge offence to some of the language that has been put towards her."

The poor couple were only trying to mind their own business quietly but they couldn't hide from the glare of our insatiable interest in their celebrity lives. Shame on us all. 

"Both of us have always kept our personal lives very, very private," he told the breakfast show host.

El Puto Amo
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:59am

yeah i think i missed some of those posts , i didnt know about the apology from the site either which was fair enough 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:03am

yeah i think i missed some of those posts , i didnt know about the apology from the site either which was fair enough 

There were some distasteful posts that were taken down as soon as they were reported. The response was exaggerated beyond belief and was spun as if people had been going on to her Facebook and Twitter rather than a site she'd never have been likely to visit. But the posts shouldn't have gone up, people should know better. It was only the showbiz and news media that ran with the story rather than the sports lads far as I remember. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:19am

There were some distasteful posts that were taken down as soon as they were reported. The response was exaggerated beyond belief and was spun as if people had been going on to her Facebook and Twitter rather than a site she'd never have been likely to visit. But the posts shouldn't have gone up, people should know better. It was only the showbiz and news media that ran with the story rather than the sports lads far as I remember. 
Yep JD played a blinder, they were on the rack and he managed to turn it around it was thou Bathgate never happened .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yep JD played a blinder, they were on the rack and he managed to turn it around it was thou Bathgate never happened .
Sure that has to be expected from the militant group😂😂😂
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:29pm
Anything ever come from the video that was mentioned here  few weeks ago
Another barring order?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:35pm
The existence of such a video has been talked about for a few years. Probably best to focus on things that are now in the public domain and those new things that will come out in the days and weeks to come. 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Lads take your childish argument somewhere else. Any protest inside the ground should be one that doesn’t draw the fai a fine.

Donal Conway has said he doesn’t object to protests so get people recording the searches at the entrance to the singing section and  any confiscations that happen.

The mandate committee should contact the fai to notify them of the protest and tell them that any clampdown will be highlighted on social media. We hold the high ground don’t let one fool blow that . Just remember what one clown on here gave jd an excuse over cyber bullying to dodge a bullet nearly 5 years ago.

The only thing the mandate committee will do is issue a statement that there entering the ground, another statement they have left the ground and finally another statement to say there tucked up in bed. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Lads take your childish argument somewhere else. Any protest inside the ground should be one that doesn’t draw the fai a fine.

Donal Conway has said he doesn’t object to protests so get people recording the searches at the entrance to the singing section and  any confiscations that happen.

The mandate committee should contact the fai to notify them of the protest and tell them that any clampdown will be highlighted on social media. We hold the high ground don’t let one fool blow that . Just remember what one clown on here gave jd an excuse over cyber bullying to dodge a bullet nearly 5 years ago.

The only thing the mandate committee will do is issue a statement that there entering the ground, another statement they have left the ground and finally another statement to say there tucked up in bed. 

I'm glad it's the mandate committee compiling those statements and not you!

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

I'm glad it's the mandate committee compiling those statements and not you!

LOL Clap
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:10am
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:56am

Delaney ‘suspended’ from Uefa

Translation; Someone on the inside of D'FAI (for the life of me, can't quite think of who that could be.....) has had an early indication of how the outcome/results of the 6 or 7 investigations into the FAI are going to go, and advised UEFA of same. 

UEFA, being primarily a political rather than football, organisation, have decided to start the process of washing their hands of D'FAI quite early. I'm going to take a wild guess and speculate that not all that many defensive or threatening letters/emails/communications from UEFA will make their way toward Shane Ross & his Department in the next few months. Not too many flies on Ceferin & the lads. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:25pm
John Delaney not invited to UEFA committee meetings or executive committee meetings pending investigations

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/john-delaney-not-invited-to-uefa-committee-meetings-or-executive-committee-meetings-pending-investigations-38413680.html
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 5:36pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 9:11pm

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/toxic-fai-brand-must-change-shamrock-rovers-tells-ministers-38412812.html
pity they weren't so brave when other clubs stuck their necks out and called it as it was. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352 539>
  Share Topic