You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 539>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The disgraced John Delaney
    Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:13pm
Firstly, I am in no way representing YBIG or anything else.

I want to get a list together of JOHN DELANEY and the FAI’s lies and mistruths in recent times surrounding Irish games. I'll update this list

To start:

• ·         Andorra – there is no general admission tickets going on sale, don’t travel to Andorra. Lies
  • ·         John Delaney saying he wants to appoint a fans liaison officer after this game to ensure ticket gate doesn’t happen again – there already is an FLO in place and other people have been rejected by the FAI to take up this role
  • ·         The Chief Security Officer and Commercial and Marketing Director both promising fans in Georgia they would get tickets whom were subsequently declined
  • ·         John Delaney saying you would need the wisdom of Solomon to distribute tickets despite YBIG offering a transparent scheme
  • ·         John Delaney saying that he tried to get YBIG to become a supporters club but not actually outlining the bare fact that supporters clubs were allocated tickets in priority to any other supporters
  • ·         John Delaney saying he doesn’t get a personal allocation. Plenty on here have got tickets directly off him. Indeed, I did for Andorra - after the tickets were allocated
  • ·         John Delaney not acknowledging the fact that Scotland gave us 5% or what is required by UEFA regulations
  • John Delaney saying Trap would be gone after the Faroes away match. Instead, he was allowed oversee another disastrous 11 months 
  • John Delaney saying that the FAI system of giving preference to Supporters Clubs is used by all the top clubs

I’m sure I’ve left plenty out here but can people add to the list. This is worse than anything they did with tickets. If they could at least admit to some of their lies it might have actually helped them.

By the way, I don’t expect members of supporters clubs to contribute to this thread. Unsurprisingly..

Edited by Kerrzy - 03 Nov 2014 at 7:15pm
Sponsored Links

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:25pm
Clap
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:26pm
Said he'd get the next round of Jagers in Poznan and didn't. Thumbs Down

True story.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:39pm
Re The Fan Liaison Officer I took that to mean that the FAI would appoint one of their staff to be the FAI Fans Liaison Officer for fans who didn't want to join a SC but still remain an independent away travelling fan?

Edited by irelandshirts - 03 Nov 2014 at 1:41pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:01pm
World Class Manager !!!
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

By the way, I don’t expect members of supporters clubs to contribute to this thread. Unsurprisingly..

Why would that be the case?

Some of the supporters clubs and their members have been around and travelling to games longer than you have been on this earth (I would imagine) Sure didn't the London RISSC celebrate their 30th anniversary only recently with 100's of fans regular home and away travellers for as long as I can remember. The Dublin RISSC too been around since at least Italy 90 maybe longer. They know the FAI and all its failings only too well and would be in a great position to add to this list should they want to (although I have to say I'm not really sure what you hope to achieve with it?).

There seems to be some kind of undertone (not by all posters I might add) on this forum that seem to think the independent YBIG'ER fan is in some way more worthy than the Supporter Club member - which is absolute nonsense.

Others have posted it here too but the failings are with the FAI, not the fans be they independent or members of supporters clubs.

By the way, I have been both member of a supporter club and an independent supporter and it has not changed one thing in terms of the way I support my country or the views I hold on the FAI or JD.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Why would that be the case?

Some of the supporters clubs and their members have been around and travelling to games longer than you have been on this earth (I would imagine) Sure didn't the London RISSC celebrate their 30th anniversary only recently with 100's of fans regular home and away travellers for as long as I can remember. The Dublin RISSC too been around since at least Italy 90 maybe longer. They know the FAI and all its failings only too well and would be in a great position to add to this list should they want to (although I have to say I'm not really sure what you hope to achieve with it?).

There seems to be some kind of undertone (not by all posters I might add) on this forum that seem to think the independent YBIG'ER fan is in some way more worthy than the Supporter Club member - which is absolute nonsense.

Others have posted it here too but the failings are with the FAI, not the fans be they independent or members of supporters clubs.

By the way, I have been both member of a supporter club and an independent supporter and it has not changed one thing in terms of the way I support my country or the views I hold on the FAI or JD.

Because many members of these clubs have been extremely quiet in the past week. Indeed it seems that some have been gagged. I didnt bother reading the rest of your post because no doubt you think I have a problem with SCs. That is not the case. 

I have a problem that some members of SCs are not standing in solidarity with the rest of the support that they stand with at away games.

Dont let this thread go down that route. It is only my opinion and it is very evident on here that SCs members have been quiet
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:46pm
The Dublin ROISSC is going since 83/84.
Remember meeting Eoin Hand at one the meetings when he was manager.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:46pm
I have no love for Delaney either, but what exactly are you hoping to achieve with this list, Kerrzy? 

And how do you know members of supporters' clubs have been keeping quiet?  I wasn't aware you had to declare membership when posting here.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

I have no love for Delaney either, but what exactly are you hoping to achieve with this list, Kerrzy? 

And how do you know members of supporters' clubs have been keeping quiet?  I wasn't aware you had to declare membership when posting here.

Firstly, why dont you ask that of every thread in this section? Secondly, nothing in particular. Just to remind fans of what a crooked f**ker he is.

You dont have to declare your membership. You are a member of a SC. Well done. 

I know of a number of posters that are members and their silence is deafening over this. 

I also know that all queries to Supporters Clubs over tickets for Scotland are being redirected to Gerry Reardon of the FAI. It appears to me that some are in cahoots with the FAI over this. I could be wrong and if I am I hope I will be proven wrong. No doubt I will be inundated with PMs from willing SCs to detail all about Scotland tickets...
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:59pm
Deary me..............

'gagged'

'standing in solidarity'

I'm not sure how many supporters club members post on this forum, do you know? is there a flag or a tag? No, I dont think there is. Is it because they were part of the 'lucky' 1,700 to get an official ticket for a game that still has tickets on sale today and are readily available and will have circa 8k-10k Irish in all other sections of the ground?

You couldn't be ar$ed to read my post (it was only a handful of sentences - not that difficult) because you don't want it steered off what path exactly? 

Were you standing in solidarity with the fans stuck outside Andorra when you managed to nab a ticket from JD's back pocket - effectively benefitting from the FAI's lack of a transparent ticket distribution process? Do me a favour..........

If you are serious about your 'list', Supporters Club members should be encouraged to add to it not snidely excluded.

Its the FAI at fault for the ticket distribution system in place (or not in place) - That's where the focus should be. You say you don't have any issue with SC's whilst in the same breath are saying they (or some of them) are in cahoots with the FAI - Why would anyone from a SC's committee bother their hole sending you a PM on this or any other matter?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:01pm
The deafening silence from sc's to make known their allocation's is a very telling sign of where they stand in relation to this and in relation to their "fellow" forgotten fans
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:04pm
I have to laugh at all these people coming out with lists and problems from incidents that weren't a problem before this ticketing incident, like an incident with Trap pushing two years ago. I think we all accept there were problems and mistakes with this ticketing fiasco and that needs to be addressed, but the whole issue is lost when other unrelated stuff is brought up, these same issues weren't a problem two weeks back or when fans were drinking with Delaney at whatever away day
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:07pm
Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies.....

(Thought this thread deserves it's own soundtrack)
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Deary me..............

'gagged'

'standing in solidarity'
Refer "I also know that all queries to Supporters Clubs over tickets for Scotland are being redirected to Gerry Reardon of the FAI. It appears to me that some are in cahoots with the FAI over this. I could be wrong and if I am I hope I will be proven wrong. No doubt I will be inundated with PMs from willing SCs to detail all about Scotland tickets..."
I'm not sure how many supporters club members post on this forum, do you know? is there a flag or a tag? No, I dont think there is. Is it because they were part of the 'lucky' 1,700 to get an official ticket for a game that still has tickets on sale today and are readily available and will have circa 8k-10k Irish in all other sections of the ground?
I know of SC members on this forum from posts in the past. You dont have to have an IQ of 1,000 baby
You couldn't be ar$ed to read my post (it was only a handful of sentences - not that difficult) because you don't want it steered off what path exactly?
You are sounding like you have a problem with something I said? What is your problem. JD was invited over to the London SC 30th anniversary a few weeks ago so I doubt members would be advised to outline the lies he has made..

Were you standing in solidarity with the fans stuck outside Andorra when you managed to nab a ticket from JD's back pocket - effectively benefitting from the FAI's lack of a transparent ticket distribution process? Do me a favour..........
No I wasn't as there was nobody outside the ground at kick offConfused

Big difference that day. There were only 120 tickets and whilst they weren't allocated 100% correctly, they were distributed a lot fairer than this time. Did London ROISSC not sort you that day? 
If you are serious about your 'list', Supporters Club members should be encouraged to add to it not snidely excluded.
What's snide about it? I just said I dont expect to hear form them. Mainly because all queries are being redirected to an FAI employee.
Its the FAI at fault for the ticket distribution system in place (or not in place) - That's where the focus should be. You say you don't have any issue with SC's whilst in the same breath are saying they (or some of them) are in cahoots with the FAI - Why would anyone from a SC's committee bother their hole sending you a PM on this or any other matter?
Why wont they talk. Why are they redirecting queries to an FAI employee???
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

I have to laugh at all these people coming out with lists and problems from incidents that weren't a problem before this ticketing incident, like an incident with Trap pushing two years ago. I think we all accept there were problems and mistakes with this ticketing fiasco and that needs to be addressed, but the whole issue is lost when other unrelated stuff is brought up, these same issues weren't a problem two weeks back or when fans were drinking with Delaney at whatever away day

It certainly was a problem when he was telling supporters in Torshavn that he was about to give Trap the boot. It was a huge problem that ensured that Brazil this year was out of the question.

There are plenty of threads for you to complain about tickets. This is a lot broader.
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:18pm

It certainly was a problem when he was telling supporters in Torshavn that he was about to give Trap the boot. It was a huge problem that ensured that Brazil this year was out of the question.

There are plenty of threads for you to complain about tickets. This is a lot broader.

Why wasn't this thread started prior to the ticket fiasco so? Smacks of sour grapes to me, with you taking the hump over missing out on a ticket and seeing an opportunity to jump on the anti Delaney bandwagon.

It is quite clearly being linked to these tickets by yourself, which is not the way to go about this if you really do want reform
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:21pm

Why wasn't this thread started prior to the ticket fiasco so? Smacks of sour grapes to me, with you taking the hump over missing out on a ticket and seeing an opportunity to jump on the anti Delaney bandwagon.

It is quite clearly being linked to these tickets by yourself, which is not the way to go about this if you really do want reform

Firstly, I got a ticket directly from the FAIEmbarrassed

Secondly, I made my feelings quite clear on this forum 2 years ago about what happened in Torshavn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 539>
  Share Topic