You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe Murphy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joe Murphy
    Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 5:08pm
FAI couldn't contact goalkeeper for four weeks

Republic%20of%20Ireland%20and%20S****horpe%20goalkeeper%20Joe%20Murphy%20has%20said%20the%20FAI%20were%20unable%20to%20contact%20him%20for%20four%20weeks%20after%20the%20end%20of%20last%20season%20because%20he%20didnRepublic of Ireland and S****horpe goalkeeper Joe Murphy has said the FAI were unable to contact him for four weeks after the end of last season because he didn't take his phone on holiday with him.

Speaking about his absence from the game against Bulgaria in June, Murphy admitted that he didn't even tell his parents where he had gone on holiday.

Murphy said: "I was away on holiday in Australia and they (the FAI) couldn't get in contact with me.

"Because it was such a long season, I went away straight after the final game. I wanted to chill out, I didn't take my phone and just went away for four weeks. I didn't tell my mother and father where I was staying.

"When I came back, I had 40 or 50 voicemails and a couple of emails.

Murphy, whose side S****horpe lost to Cardiff at the weekend, spoke of his delight to be back in the international fold and the buzz about playing in Thomond Park.
Sponsored Links

criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 5:12pm
If that had been the English FA they'd have tracked him down at any cost...John Delaney probably wouldn't strech to the cost of an international call LOL

On a serious note, what a dopey git, he's very fortunate to be allowed straight back into the fold
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Críostóir Óg Críostóir Óg wrote:

If that had been the English FA they'd have tracked him down at any cost...John Delaney probably wouldn't strech to the cost of an international call LOL

On a serious note, what a dopey git, he's very fortunate to be allowed straight back into the fold

It certainly looks it in that photo.......bet is Mum hasn't got that picture on her mantlepiece!
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 5:20am
I always tell my mother where i'm staying Cool. What a clown!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

nedge View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 6:41am

Yeah, hasn't covered himself in glory with that interview!

“Hopefully, when we get to Croke Park, we’ll bamboozle the opposition"
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 6:58am
Holy man! I happen to agree with Mr. Murphy. Why would you take a phone with you on holidays? I don't even have one and when I'm on holiday I'm on holiday not on someones beck and call. In fact I have taken two days holidays today and tomorrow and will not be answering the phone at all.
The fact that he hadn't been in the squad for so long probably convinced him that a call up would not be a possibility. Anyway, unlike some, he is happy to turn up for Ireland and is looking forward to playing. Fair play to him!
There are friendlier places to drink.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 7:07am
Used to watch him play for SAFC reserves and had some decent games.

I felt he was unlucky not to make the breakthrough into the first team.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 6:09am
Finally got his second cap after making his debut in '03!!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 7:22am
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Finally got his second cap after making his debut in '03!!
Farcical.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 11:41am
Fair dues to him, hols is hols, more of us should leave our fookin phones at home to be fair.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

FAI couldn't contact goalkeeper for four weeks

Republic%20of%20Ireland%20and%20S****horpe%20goalkeeper%20Joe%20Murphy%20has%20said%20the%20FAI%20were%20unable%20to%20contact%20him%20for%20four%20weeks%20after%20the%20end%20of%20last%20season%20because%20he%20didnRepublic of Ireland and S****horpe goalkeeper Joe Murphy has said the FAI were unable to contact him for four weeks after the end of last season because he didn't take his phone on holiday with him.

Speaking about his absence from the game against Bulgaria in June, Murphy admitted that he didn't even tell his parents where he had gone on holiday.

Murphy said: "I was away on holiday in Australia and they (the FAI) couldn't get in contact with me.

"Because it was such a long season, I went away straight after the final game. I wanted to chill out, I didn't take my phone and just went away for four weeks. I didn't tell my mother and father where I was staying.

"When I came back, I had 40 or 50 voicemails and a couple of emails.

Murphy, whose side S****horpe lost to Cardiff at the weekend, spoke of his delight to be back in the international fold and the buzz about playing in Thomond Park.

Funny that this bit gets censored! Didn't realise the club were that offensive!Smile
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 6:45pm
To be honest this was the one thing that annoyed me on Friday night. Brian Murphy should have been brought on instead
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic