You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe Hodge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I missed that game in fairness, though I see from the highlights it was a quality delivery. 

What's rare is beautiful. 

In his earlier matches back, the delivery was poor though - I think he was taken off them and Cullen (not known for set-pieces) tried a few which were also poor.  McClean then took over and that was far better at clipping them in at pace.

Anyway, Ronan could be a good option.  We'll see how many more matches Brady is around for.  

Ronan might be - IF he starts playing football regularly at a reasonable level. Needs a move in January. Brady has played very little for Ireland over the last few campaigns. his delivery back in the day was excellent. 

Mc Clean has a goal (direct) and 2 assists from corners in his last 3 games for Wigan Smile

Mc Grath has a decent freekick record over the years, better than Ronan's in the same League I'd guess and Mc Grath is closer to the first team.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 11:20pm
Tonight was another example of why we need someone who can take a set-piece in a team.

We showed no threat throughout the game in set-pieces, with, amazingly, poor Josh Cullen having corner duty foisted on him.  O'Dowda was slightly better, and the less said about Robinson's free-kicks, the better.

Meanwhile, we had a reminder of the importance of being able to whip a good ball in from a set-piece - with both goals we conceded coming from delicious Odegaard set-piece deliveries. 

Our attacking threat at set-pieces seems significantly diminished, and a failure to prioritise a proper taker would seem to be part of that.

Also, Mr Barry's unfortunate departure may be more and more obvious - both attacking set-pieces and defending them. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
  Share Topic