You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe Hodge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 40>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:02pm
Also named a bigger squad than last time so could see Hodge and Adaramola dropping out with a reduced squad. Sinclair Armstrong and Darragh Burns could push to remain in the squad.
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

maybe time for his own thread?

2 goals in the EFL for wolves. looks a good candidate to step up to u21s.
A quick search and you’d have found someone has beaten you to it. Ive moved the few posts in the thread you started in here.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:16pm
It's a shame he has played next to no first team football to this point, he's definitely capable of it. Obviously the injury has held him back and ruined his Derry loan. Maybe someone will come in and loan him after tonight, he'd be a good pick up for any League 1 team I'd say (someone should let MK Dons know if they're still looking for a replacement for Conor Coventry...)
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:30pm
MK Dons are well stocked for midfielders. Wolves have sent Luke Cundle on loan to Swansea and Ronan could be off too so likely they'll keep Hodge around. Probably 5th or 6th in the pecking order.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 11:59pm
[QUOTE=Sham157][QUOTE=Heimatklange]maybe time for his own thread?

2 goals in the EFL for wolves. looks a good candidate to step up to u21s.

Just to clarify before we get too excited - this performance was for the Wolves U21 team in the Papa John Trophy, not for the senior team in the EFL cup. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 4:06pm
Wow coming on for Wolves in the 2nd half vs Chelsea! 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 4:11pm
Great to see him on for a decent run and not just a few minutes at the end as well. Gives me a reason to switch over from the City v Southampton game anyway.
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 4:11pm
Looks v composed, calling for the ball all the time, winning possession back, spreading play well, getting forward. And he’s only been on 6 minutes. :)
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 4:15pm
It will be a learning curve for him, a tough Chelsea team we were getting massively overran by their very athletic midfield. But my view is if I'm going to have my day spoiled by Wolves losing then at least I'll get to see Hodge given a chance.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 4:15pm
And then got drawn to the ball and completely let his man go for the second Chelsea goal.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 4:16pm
Without sounding too alarmist, cap him asap.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 4:21pm
Not looking overawed this kid. Getting well stuck in defensively!
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:04pm
I'm sad and going to go sulk for a bit. But definitely had a decent first go at the PL I was glad he had the chance. He's a player in the making imv.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:11pm
If he’s good enough for minutes against Chelsea at the Bridge he’s good enough to replace Hourihane in league 1.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I'm sad and going to go sulk for a bit. But definitely had a decent first go at the PL I was glad he had the chance. He's a player in the making imv.

Defo, he has always looked a top prospect, but people should temper expectations a little. It's too early to say if this lad is going to get regular pl minutes. I'd be surprised!
Idah Dream!
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Defo, he has always looked a top prospect, but people should temper expectations a little. It's too early to say if this lad is going to get regular pl minutes. I'd be surprised!

Yeah I would be too. We were missing two CMs today and we will have a new manager soon it was our youth team coaches covering so they would have more of a willingness to throw him in. But it's a great experience for him and I reckon he has enough about him to impress to the new manager.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 6:00pm

It's not so much about whether he's going to play regularly in the PL. It's simply the fact that he's trusted to get 45' vs Chelsea. He'll probably go out on loan in January.

But he's good enough for what we need, & as eddiebro says, he's good enough to replace Hourihane in the squad.

And while he was singing Amhrán na bhFiann before the U21s games, I don't think we should be dragging our feet in capping him. The sooner he's got 4 caps under his belt the better.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

It's not so much about whether he's going to play regularly in the PL. It's simply the fact that he's trusted to get 45' vs Chelsea. He'll probably go out on loan in January.

But he's good enough for what we need, & as eddiebro says, he's good enough to replace Hourihane in the squad.

And while he was singing Amhrán na bhFiann before the U21s games, I don't think we should be dragging our feet in capping him. The sooner he's got 4 caps under his belt the better.

Not sure he's ready yet. The same concerns apply to Smallbone and he's next in line imo. Hodge has an U21 campaign ahead of him, if he progresses faster than that, then great, but for now, let's just see what the next month holds for the lad!
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 40>
  Share Topic