You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jimmy Dunne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:49pm
Thought he looked confident and hungry when he made his premier league debut. Scoring in that game probably added that.

Hes just turned 23 and it may be a little unfair to judge him when he was at Sunderland but joey Barton not being happy with discipline is a worry, but again he was just a young lad.

Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 11:32pm
Joey has never exactly been a beacon of propriety but my understanding is that Jimmy blotted his copybook at Fleetwood by leaking a team sheet or some other tactical thing to a rival team before a match. I don't think that matters in the long term, all young players do stupid stuff, but I do believe Jimmy Dunne will cut through and be a top player. His attitude in the Premiership games he has played has been excellent and there is a lot more to come.

Edited by Green Cockade - 05 Dec 2020 at 11:33pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Joey has never exactly been a beacon of propriety but my understanding is that Jimmy blotted his copybook at Fleetwood by leaking a team sheet or some other tactical thing to a rival team before a match. I don't think that matters in the long term, all young players do stupid stuff, but I do believe Jimmy Dunne will cut through and be a top player. His attitude in the Premiership games he has played has been excellent and there is a lot more to come.
It’s mee and tarkowski for dyche. Stand in appearances for injuries or suspension are all that’s going at Burnley.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 9:36am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

It’s mee and tarkowski for dyche. Stand in appearances for injuries or suspension are all that’s going at Burnley.

Totally agree but tarkowski has been heavily linked with a move away. I dont think Burnley would be in the financial position to replace a player of his quality so would likely promote dunne or long. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Totally agree but tarkowski has been heavily linked with a move away. I dont think Burnley would be in the financial position to replace a player of his quality so would likely promote dunne or long. 
  Yep Tarks is off make no bones about it as he said as much in an interview .

I think they will promote Long or Dunne but again we have to wait and see what the new owners have to say , which by the looks of it is just around the corner .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:39pm
Back from Injury and gets on for the last 5mins today.

Would really like to see him go on loan again. Think a championship side would snap him up for the remainder of the season seeing as hes been good when playing in the premier league

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 5:42pm
Apparently Preston and a few others are interested so I think we'll see him go out on loan before the window closes.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 4:36pm
Dunne and Long start tonight for Burnley with Kilkenny finding a place back on the bench for Bournemouth 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 7:17pm
Fair Play to Jimmy Dunne I saw a lot of him 10 years ago playing for Kevin's and never reckoned he was near good enough and I wasn't the only one.
Proved a lot of people wrong so well done young man.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 8:32pm
Sorry to say both had a poor game tonight if i am honest 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Fair Play to Jimmy Dunne I saw a lot of him 10 years ago playing for Kevin's and never reckoned he was near good enough and I wasn't the only one.
Proved a lot of people wrong so well done young man.

Has a long way to go yet to be fair. Hasn't played consistently at any level above league 1 so far in his career and has been hit and miss on his lower league loans.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:03pm
Starts today.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Starts today.
Did not see that one with Mee not playing 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:58pm
How come you're not playing Murph ? 😉
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 3:19pm
Rumours are he could be going across Lancashire to Preston North End.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Interesting stuff would it be a good move for him? I see Burnley are being linked with Nat Phillips as well as Collins? Is Phillips a right side or left sided defender? 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Interesting stuff would it be a good move for him? I see Burnley are being linked with Nat Phillips as well as Collins? Is Phillips a right side or left sided defender? 
   Think it would be a great move for Jimmy if he was to get regular first team football in the championship.  Not sure which side Phillios plays 🙈 . Burnley are also being linked with Nottingham Forest centre half Joe Worrall.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 10:42pm
Preston could be a good move, he would be in the same area he has been ( Man.Utd, Burnley ) before. He will need to think about accepting the new contract he has been offered by Burnley or moving on and playing regular football and showing what he can do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
  Share Topic