Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jim McGuinness linked with soccer switch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jim McGuinness linked with soccer switch
    Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 11:42am
Donegal manager has been linked with moves to Celtic and Liverpool in the last week to work in a sports psychology role. Read quotes from him yesterday, he confirmed there had been no offers for him but there was an obvious tone that he'd be very interested.

Seamus Coleman has also answered a few questions on the matter.

He's friends with Lennon, who was at the Donegal winners banquet in September.

He runs his own sports psychology company

anyone see this as a runner?
Sponsored Links

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 11:58am
Getting out of here before im under a pile of newspapers
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 12:33pm
Can say 100% rumours are false but wouldnt be surprised to see him linked with clubs, he has already worked with professional rugby clubs and he does have a wife and 3 young kids to provide for but from talking to him he will be in charge of donegal next year
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:37am
Couldn't see him switching to soccer. He'd be only allowed play ten defenders.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:47am
He could always try out Harps some day.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 8:41pm
Rumours up this part of the world is mcguiness is goin to sign a contract with Celtic to become a sports performance coach. What I've heard is it's on a be part time and could see him stay in charge of Donegal. Will be surprised if he left Donegal as from talking to him h driven to o win an all Ireland again
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:22pm
I got a text from a mate who was chatting to a sports journo with the mirror a few hours ago and said it was a done deal. He said it was 250k a year so if thats true its bound to be full time. 
Don't know how true it is though. 
I posted that on celtic thread about an hour ago. Was sorta hoping you were going to arrive and put us straight about the situationLOL
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Couldn't see him switching to soccer. He'd be only allowed play ten defenders.

LOL
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:51pm
Wouldnt matter what sport you were in if you had the right methods and respect you would be very successful in no matter what you done - wasnt rugby's tony ward involved with Antrim GAA as a conditional coach would be hard to turn down 5k a week for anyone
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:56pm
Exactly RF sure Bryan Cullen is the strength and Condtioning coach for Leinster Rugby
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

I got a text from a mate who was chatting to a sports journo with the mirror a few hours ago and said it was a done deal. He said it was 250k a year so if thats true its bound to be full time. 
I posted that on celtic thread about an hour ago. Was sorta hoping you were going to arrive and put us straight about the situationLOL
Been chatting to few ones tonight that says its more or less a done deal but they saying its part time bases and he b able to carried on with Donegal. Jim has already stated he'd be in charge of Donegal in 2013 and I'm hoping this gonna be the case because he will play a big role in our chances of doing back to back
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Been chatting to few ones tonight that says its more or less a done deal but they saying its part time bases and he b able to carried on with Donegal. Jim has already stated he'd be in charge of Donegal in 2013 and I'm hoping this gonna be the case because he will play a big role in our chances of doing back to back

How would that work? He'd be living in Scotland and working full time with Celtic?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 12:26am
The position is not with the first team as far as I'm being told its with th youth academy. All indications from jim have been positive for 2013 and trying to retain sm he was at county final on Sunday and the intermediate final last night
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 12:50am
It's a done deal by the looks of things jim to discuss the offer with family before making a decision and he will stay on as Donegal manage here's a link to Donegal daily newspaper article on it http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/11/08/jim-mcguinness-offered-performance-coach-job-at-glasgow-celtic/
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 9:22am
Part time role
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 11:55am

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday he'll work in Glasgow with Celtic youth academy - E150,000 per year

Will continue to manage Donegal

Jimmys gonna be a busy man
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 11:59am
jimmys winning games, jimmys bringing the european cup back to celtic park again
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 12:07pm
The Green Brigade will have to learn the Jimmys Winning Matches song
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic