You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Stelling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeff Stelling
    Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 11:12am
Just reading an atricle about Jeff Stelling in a north east paper ( no internet link ) and it got me thinking just how good he is as the man who holds together Soccer Saturday.
Jeff says " the show itself is unique , we are very happy about how positively it has been received by football fans from a wide variety of clubs its taken on all-comers the BBC have a show behind the red button itv did the goal rush and BT have plans to rival it next season when they get their PL coverage.
Soccer Saturday is my first love but the chance to work on the Champions League at the Bernabeu was an amazing  expeirence I looked around I'm a council boy from Hartlepool and this is where I have ended up." 

What do people on here think of Jeff Stelling and Soccer Saturday ?

Edited by Double Maxim - 24 Feb 2013 at 11:15am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Marley+ View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marley+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 12:32pm
Top man Jeff.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 12:40pm
The only fellas on sky i dont mind.Stelling is pretty good and very informative. Thompson and Le Tissier are the most enjoyable pundits on it and Kamara is a bit of craic as well.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 12:43pm
Brilliant TV, Love him and supports hsi local team, always commendable
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 12:57pm
stelling is quality. think the show was much better when best and marsh were on it, in particular marsh who was always interesting and would not mind saying what he thought.
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 12:57pm
Jeff is a top bloke. Soccer Saturday is a good laugh as well, the pundits wouldn't be the most informative but it's entertaining.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 1:10pm
Quality presenter but a bollix in real life.

A fella I work with is the coach of a youth team who Stellings son plays for. A constant prick on the touchline giving dogs abuse to the linesman, referee etc. Apparently it's fookin incessant.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Wild Rover View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 1:52pm
Really enjoy Soccer Saturday Jeff is top drawer but Merson is a complete plonker.
Niall Quinn is god
newrygreen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 1:59pm
unbelievable jeff
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Brilliant TV, Love him and supports hsi local team, always commendable

Hartlepool United - the team with the best nickname ever - The monkey hangers !
Wearmouth View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Wild Rover Wild Rover wrote:

Really enjoy Soccer Saturday Jeff is top drawer but Merson is a complete plonker.

This, I can't stand that pisshead Merson.
Charlie Hurley a true legend
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:15pm
Roth Ravers
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Marley+ View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marley+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 5:53am
Met Jeff at a family day at the S0L he was great craic.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 7:11am
Yep I do like him I must say Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 9:25am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

A fella I work with is the coach of a youth team who Stellings son plays for. A constant prick on the touchline giving dogs abuse to the linesman, referee etc. Apparently it's fookin incessant.
Well my friend's cousins' dog shared a kennel with Jeff's dog and he barked that he was sound.

Ya got to love the punsBig smile

Why do they do constantly say the show is unique? The show is a rip off of Italian tv
Jonesy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 10:12am
Its a class act Soccer Saturday. Thumbs Up
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Well my friend's cousins' dog shared a kennel with Jeff's dog and he barked that he was sound.

Why do they do constantly say the show is unique? The show is a rip off of Italian tv

I work with him and he's the coach who has to put up stellings sh*t the whole time.   
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 10:24am

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

I work with him and he's the coach who has to put up stellings sh*t the whole time.   
and people like having stories about people
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic