Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 143>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 1:40pm

Trapatonni was at the Brighton -v- Derby game at the weekend and according to todays Star Hendrick is in line for a call up for the Poland Game.

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 1:46pm
nice finish in front of Trapattoni at the weekend: http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16428_8395199,00.html

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 15 Jan 2013 at 1:46pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Mick_G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 1:49pm
Great news and very much deserved if true.

I love the way people say he's not good enough cause he doesn't play in the epl.
Funnily enough everyone talking about hoolahan like he's maradonna when he was always that good people need
To look beyond the epl. A lot of average players in the epl and a lot of talented players playing in other leagues
@mickgleeson82
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Trapatonni was at the Brighton -v- Derby game at the weekend and according to todays Star Hendrick is in line for a call up for the Poland Game.

Hopefully its not Clifford getting the boot
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:32pm
Just scored against Sheffield Wednesday was impressed with him on Wednesday night showed good composure with the pass for the second goal
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:52pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLh3IS4cegw

Two well taken goals by him last season especially the Forest game. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Just scored against Sheffield Wednesday was impressed with him on Wednesday night showed good composure with the pass for the second goal

+1

Yeah he looks a tidy little player alright, for the moment he'll be a good squad player for us.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 7:00pm
Anyone think he is a better player than whelo?
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Would Hendrick not be more of an attacking midfielder? 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 7:25pm

Seriously how many games have you seen Henderick play in to come to that conclusion?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Would Hendrick not be more of an attacking midfielder? 

Yeah he is but as well as that Whelan does a completely different job for stoke to what he is expected to do for us. He is stokes playmaker, the one who makes them tick essentially.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:02pm
Stokes playmaker?!
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Stokes playmaker?!

Yeah, that's my view on his role in the stoke side anyway. As opposed to sitting in Midfield doing sweet FA (like he does for us), he actually believe it or not gets on the ball and makes things happen at club level. Pulis values him a lot, he has already come out and said he is going nowhere in the summer as Glenn was being linked with a move to Fulham & West Ham.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:18pm

Stokes playmaker?!

+ 1

He's clearly a holding player for Stoke. He is allowed venture forward more with Stoke maybe but thats it, he's certainly no playmaker 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:23pm
Play stopper not a play maker .... Hendrick looks a player , have seen a good bit of him with u21s . He's composed , good feet , big and strong. Thats a good mix !!
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:28pm

Stokes playmaker?!

+ 1

He's clearly a holding player for Stoke. He is allowed venture forward more with Stoke maybe but thats it, he's certainly no playmaker 

Eh you don't have to play behind the front two or as an advanced midfielder to be classed as a playmaker. Depends what you class a playmakers role I suppose. For me a playmaker is someone who controls the flow of the game, puts his foot on the ball, dictates the tempo somewhat. I would class pirlo as a playmaker and he essentially plays a holding role (for the record I am in no way comparing Whelan to Pirlo in regards quality!!)
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Play stopper not a play maker .... Hendrick looks a player , have seen a good bit of him with u21s . He's composed , good feet , big and strong. Thats a good mix !!

Yeah, I've been impressed on what I've seen for Derby and the 21's and his cameo on wednesday, I reckon he's one for the future.  Good to see him carrying the confidence he'd have gained from Weds night into his club form.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Stokes playmaker?!

+ 1

Eh you don't have to play behind the front two or as an advanced midfielder to be classed as a playmaker. Depends what you class a playmakers role I suppose. For me a playmaker is someone who controls the flow of the game, puts his foot on the ball, dictates the tempo somewhat. I would class pirlo as a playmaker and he essentially plays a holding role (for the record I am in no way comparing Whelan to Pirlo in regards quality!!)

Glenn Whelan doesnt do that so eh, no , he's not a playmaker. In any mans language. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 143>
  Share Topic