Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 143>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 6:34pm
Has the look of a footballer that is outstanding...... then he plays. 

Like the lad showing up at 5 aside in mundials and all the best of gear and is absolute poison.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 7:57pm
Needs a spell out of the team to see if he'll get a kick up the hole. His consistent selection despite a run of anonymous displays is baffling.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:49pm
Monday was one of his better performances but he’s been woeful during this campaign - and not for the first time. He’s lucky that playing beside Hourihane - who was embarrassing- makes him look better than he is.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Monday was one of his better performances but he’s been woeful during this campaign - and not for the first time. He’s lucky that playing beside Hourihane - who was embarrassing- makes him look better than he is.

All of our midfielders have been poor this campaign which is why we've struggled by an large.

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

All of our midfielders have been poor this campaign which is why we've struggled by an large.

Whelan has done well at times; the rest of them have been a joke for the most part.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:47am
Superb goal from Son v Burnley today, but watching the replay I really started to wonder what is going on in Jeff’s head. Active inactivity seems to be his calling card; the appearance of doing something without actually doing anything.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:00am
Ah yeah, blame it on Hendrick, not the 5/6 guys that Son actually dribbled past...
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:11am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Ah yeah, blame it on Hendrick, not the 5/6 guys that Son actually dribbled past...

Watch the goal again. The reason Son dribbled past them is because they actually tried to stop him
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:13am
He didn't stop him because he wasn't near him. Hendrick was holding a centre midfield position and Son ran down Burnley's right before cutting in on the defence. It's a bit like saying why didn't Wood stop him. You're just looking for a reason to blame him when the reality is he didn't have much to do with it.
We're decent enough..
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:56am
This is Hendrick in every Ireland game these days. A wasted jersey, I’m not usually one for being too harsh on our players but if this guy never got another cap I’d be happy out. I have no idea how he has managed to be in the epl for a few years. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:02pm
Jaysus let's single out hendrick when it comes to ireland performances.

To a man they've all been a desperate mess. 

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:18pm

Not true at all, Randolph, Egan and Duffy have all been excellent. Whelan, Stevens and mcGoldrick have performed at a higher level than expected. A few others have been mediocre but nowhere near as poor as Hendrick and McClean, and at least no one could ever question McCleans commitment and work ethic, he’s just not very good anymore.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Not true at all, Randolph, Egan and Duffy have all been excellent. Whelan, Stevens and mcGoldrick have performed at a higher level than expected. A few others have been mediocre but nowhere near as poor as Hendrick and McClean, and at least no one could ever question McCleans commitment and work ethic, he’s just not very good anymore.

We've been terrible, that's why we haven't qualified and performances have been poor. Duffy, randolph and egan have been ok. Definitely not excellent.

The rest have been muck. 

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He didn't stop him because he wasn't near him. Hendrick was holding a centre midfield position and Son ran down Burnley's right before cutting in on the defence. It's a bit like saying why didn't Wood stop him. You're just looking for a reason to blame him when the reality is he didn't have much to do with it.

This is the goal https://youtu.be/FPW1VvXS39c. Son is in line with the penalty area before cutting through the middle.

He starts off close to Son and ends up with 4-5 players ahead of him. “Don’t look at me boss I was holding a centre midfield position”

He really did a great job there, sniffing out danger, stopping any breaks or cutting out through balls to erm nobody.

Obvious not all his fault - it was an outstanding goal and too many Burnley players chickened out - but he actually astounds with his ability to disappear even when you’re looking right at him. Jeff “Houdini” Hendrick it is.

Again, I point to Brian Kerrs observation that Jeff is reactive rather than proactive. 

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 6:48pm
he’s a windy sh*te.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:02pm
As one Burnley fan said on another site " give him a 5 year contract then sell him in Jan " kind of sums it up for me just not good enough at this level and never will be . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 1:44am
His contract is up in 6 months right. Can start to sign with non-English clubs, although I imagine he’d stay in England. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 11:07am
He got some abuse last night then was taken off .
Never heard the crowd get on his case before as they did last night but he was shocking in his whole game really left Bards to cope at the back alone and his two shots at goal were so bad no wonder the fans got on his back . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 143>
  Share Topic