You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 143>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:35pm
He was poor in the first half but did ok in the second half 
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:37pm
Invisible first-half, but he was alright in the second. Some decent touches and he actively looked for the ball a few times too.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:47pm
Didn't do much in the first, but he was good in the second. Anyone who can't see his value is clearly blind, he's easily the most comfortable central midfielder we have on the ball, a good first touch and quick movement to get himself away from pressure. When he used those qualities and then moved the ball on quickly in the second half he did well.

Edited by The O'Shea - 18 Nov 2019 at 10:47pm
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Didn't do much in the first, but he was good in the second. Anyone who can't see his value is clearly blind, he's easily the most comfortable central midfielder we have on the ball, a good first touch and quick movement to get himself away from pressure. When he used those qualities and then moved the ball on quickly in the second half he did well.

I think me and you are the only 2 who see what Jeff is capable off. A little bit off in the 1st half but half the time he was the furthest forward chasing down defenders. Much better in the 2nd half. Jeff is a good player.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:28pm
Came into game in second half alright but was frustrating in 1st 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Invisible first-half, but he was alright in the second. Some decent touches and he actively looked for the ball a few times too.

I wish he was invisible in the first half. He was poor and gave the ball away a few times. Simple enough passes.

Thought his confidence was shot and it would be better if he was dropped but he was really impressive in the second half. Excellent control of the ball under pressure. 

Hendrick is an enigma of a player and the most frustrating. He'll be starting against Slovakia (assuming Wales win) and probably deserves to based on his second half performance. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:38pm
Had a few people after the game say he played bad. I thought for first hour he was one of our Better players, he showed for the ball and move it about. He maybe faded but i would definitely not put it in the boom of bad Jeff Hendrick performances
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 6:31am
very frustrating lad, he showed second half or some of it, what he can do.20 minute player but very talented. The Irish James mccarthy
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 7:23am
worked very hard throughout and came in to it second half .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:44am
He was sh*te in the first half. Wouldn't press and couldn't keep possession

improved after the break
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:53am
Was surprised to see him stay on ahead of Hourihane but he did ok in the second after a brutal first
Some people just deserve a slap
The Whisperer View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:26pm
Reading over some of the drivel written above I am beginning to wonder was I actually at a different game than some people last night.

Honestly baffling comments re Hendricks performance. I counted in the first half 5 times he literally gave the ball away to opposition. Bear in mind we didnt really get any real territory and struggled to keep ball in the first half . Jeff Hendrick was the single reason we struggled in the first half, nobody else gave the ball away more than him. I actually wonder does his hair get in the way of his eyes at times, he was in capable of finding his own team mate . 

I think he has been massively found out this campaign, only for the fact we have little options in that area of the field he wouldn't be playing. Come to think of it I am struggling to remember the last time he played a good game for club or country since euro 2016. Fair play to him he had a good euros back then and got a premier league move and a nice contract but his days of being a regular starter for Ireland should be gone. I never want to see him in an Ireland shirt again. Browne showed promise and composure last night, molumby, Coventry, Kilkenny. These lads should all be in ahead of this pretender .
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:36pm
I said it during the match, Hendrick was doomed to be criticised as soon as he misplaced his first pass, that's enough for many to define his whole performance by. He actually played very well in the 2nd half.

For what it's worth, I though all of our midfielders had at least a sizeable period where they did well. They all get flak, but at the same time they all showed they have more about them than they're typically allowed to show in an Ireland set up.
We're decent enough..
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I said it during the match, Hendrick was doomed to be criticised as soon as he misplaced his first pass, that's enough for many to define his whole performance by. He actually played very well in the 2nd half.

For what it's worth, I though all of our midfielders had at least a sizeable period where they did well. They all get flak, but at the same time they all showed they have more about them than they're typically allowed to show in an Ireland set up.

Agree 100% with this
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:17pm
At half time I thought he had to come off because he was woeful in the first half, it felt like he was deliberately staying out of positions to pick up the ball and was not on the same wave length as anyone else in the team. 

Second half I thought he was much improved and one of our better players, looked to be getting into better positions, kept the ball in tighter spaces and was involved in a few moves down the right and through the centre, if he was to play like that the whole time it would be a no brainer starting him in the team. 

Himself and Hourihane don't work particularly well together though and I think one of them needs to be dropped. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

At half time I thought he had to come off because he was woeful in the first half, it felt like he was deliberately staying out of positions to pick up the ball and was not on the same wave length as anyone else in the team. 

Second half I thought he was much improved and one of our better players, looked to be getting into better positions, kept the ball in tighter spaces and was involved in a few moves down the right and through the centre, if he was to play like that the whole time it would be a no brainer starting him in the team. 

Himself and Hourihane don't work particularly well together though and I think one of them needs to be dropped. 

Said the exact same thing to my mate.
He was running into positions where he knew the pass was never on.
Either he's making runs that are above the standard of passing range that our players have or he simply doesn't want the ball.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Said the exact same thing to my mate.
He was running into positions where he knew the pass was never on.
Either he's making runs that are above the standard of passing range that our players have or he simply doesn't want the ball.

I was thinking at half time that he genuinely doesn't want the ball. It's hard to pinpoint what or when it changed with Jeff, but many games for us he seems to do this where he takes up positions that he can't receive the ball or impact the game. I feel like his confidence is shot playing for Ireland and he doesn't want to be the player to try something and make a mistake, but then in fairness to him in the second half he was much better and was much more involved.

It's a weird one with Jeff, he has been very poor for us for about 2 years now but I feel like it is a mental or tactical thing. In terms of ability and his physical attributes he is not a bad player. 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 6:30pm
He’s just so inconsistent. Looked like a different player in the second half compared to the first. I personally think he shouldn’t be first choice anymore, maybe he would be more effective off the bench 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 143>
  Share Topic