You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 143>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

at least he'll play every week
In the end he wasn't even making the beach at QPR last season , he is only going one way . 

true but they were changing their manager end of year + he was injured a bit. and qpr finished much higher than reading, i.e. were a better side

edit: i don't have extremely high hopes for him just to be clear, but as hes been an option for us i'd rather he go somewhere hes at least keeping sharp by playing. i think right now after the last slate of games he has his work cut out to get back into the team because the cullen/molumby/knight setup worked well

Edited by amccarten313 - 13 Jul 2022 at 9:27pm
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 10:52am

In the end he wasn't even making the beach at QPR last season , he is only going one way . 

true but they were changing their manager end of year + he was injured a bit. and qpr finished much higher than reading, i.e. were a better side

edit: i don't have extremely high hopes for him just to be clear, but as hes been an option for us i'd rather he go somewhere hes at least keeping sharp by playing. i think right now after the last slate of games he has his work cut out to get back into the team because the cullen/molumby/knight setup worked well

It worked well in a game where we were on the back foot. Hendrick is a better footballer than Molumby, who still has plenty to prove. Molumby is better without the ball than Jeff, but in games where we expect to have the majority of possession Jeff remains a better option imo. I dont understand people writing him off at all tbh - he's only 30 and fit as a butchers dog, he'll get plenty more caps for Ireland on merit. I agree re Hourihane, he's never been quite good enough, nearing 32 and dropping to L! - he'll be the first to make way. Jeff has at least one more campaign in him and I'd be amazed if he doesnt start games in that campaign.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

It worked well in a game where we were on the back foot. Hendrick is a better footballer than Molumby, who still has plenty to prove. Molumby is better without the ball than Jeff, but in games where we expect to have the majority of possession Jeff remains a better option imo. I dont understand people writing him off at all tbh - he's only 30 and fit as a butchers dog, he'll get plenty more caps for Ireland on merit. I agree re Hourihane, he's never been quite good enough, nearing 32 and dropping to L! - he'll be the first to make way. Jeff has at least one more campaign in him and I'd be amazed if he doesnt start games in that campaign.

Yeah it's silly to write Hendrick off when he's probably been playing his best for us since 2016. Think the midfield trio you've got Cullen and Knight nailed on as starters and should swap in Molumby and Hendrick into the midfield depending on who we are playing. Come September would start Molumby against Scotland away and Hendrick at home to Armenia.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 12:21pm
Had to go back 4 pages to find the most recent post on Jeff. Just to note, he's in the first team and playing well for a Reading side that contrary to expectations sit top of the Championship after 6 games. Great to see, IMO he remains an important member of the squad and I'd still have him ahead of the likes of Molumby. Browne or the young U21 lads. Only 30 and fit as a butchers dog, he'll remain a key part of the squad through the Euro qualifiers also.
Idah Dream!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 2:37pm

Had to go back 4 pages to find the most recent post on Jeff. Just to note, he's in the first team and playing well for a Reading side that contrary to expectations sit top of the Championship after 6 games. Great to see, IMO he remains an important member of the squad and I'd still have him ahead of the likes of Molumby. Browne or the young U21 lads. Only 30 and fit as a butchers dog, he'll remain a key part of the squad through the Euro qualifiers also.

No posts because he is doing well. Only doom and gloom bad performances get traction on here!

Edited by t_rAndy - 29 Aug 2022 at 2:37pm
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 9:18pm
Gol de Jazzy Jeff
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 9:21pm
Miles Davis on the platter!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 10:07pm
Rippin it up at the top end of the Ch'ship, following up his Motm performance at the wend Smile
Idah Dream!
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 11:55pm
Watched the highlights there, Hendrick actually was really good, hit the post from 30 yards in the first half also. Hope he can keep it up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 5:21am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

No posts because he is doing well. Only doom and gloom bad performances get traction on here!
Hendrick, having collected the baton from Whelan, has passed it to Hourihane. Get stuck in lads, no holds barred.  
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 8:41am
The banter on here has driven most people away.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 11:37am
Good to see him playing regularly and well for a team on the top end of Championship.
He needs to start showing that form for Ireland again because he has been poor the past two windows and rightfully lost in place in the starting line up.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 11:43am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The banter on here has driven most people away.
What do you mean? To whom are you referring? Name names.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Hendrick, having collected the baton from Whelan, has passed it to Hourihane. Get stuck in lads, no holds barred.  
Rightly so. they are all sh*t.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

The usual valueless drivel from a clown who spent three pages fighting credible accusations of racism. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 12:26pm

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

The usual valueless drivel from a clown who spent three pages fighting credible accusations of racism. 
LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
WolfgangMhz View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WolfgangMhz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 12:27pm
Classic foot.ie banter there. No wonder hardly anyone uses this sh*t forum anymore. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by WolfgangMhz WolfgangMhz wrote:

Classic foot.ie banter there. No wonder hardly anyone uses this sh*t forum anymore. 
And who the feck are you to say no one uses this forum? You're a member here since 2014 - and have accumulated a massive 15 points. But hey, we're grateful - it means we don't have to rely on constipated dullards like you to keep the YBIG ball rolling nicely. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 143>
  Share Topic