You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff and Kammy love The Eire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeff and Kammy love The Eire
    Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:53am
Anyone see the cringeful AIB sponsored videos of Jeff and Kammy in Eire learning about GAA? Paddy craves recognition from John Bull for its Gaelic Games
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ChuckVANSeagal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 11:07pm
Unbelievable!
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 11:34pm
Couldn't avoid seeing a few clips of it after logging into youtube.

RTE are currently running a promo for the Ray Darcy show that involves Judy Murray explaining how she went to a GAA match at Croke Park how it was one of the best things she's ever seen yada yada yada.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:48am
Kammy does my head in with that stupid unbelievable jeff line every time they go to him at a match.
Reading v Fulham, someone hits a shot at the goal - "unbelievable jeff".
Oh do f**k off you boring ****

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Kammy does my head in with that stupid unbelievable jeff line every time they go to him at a match.
Reading v Fulham, someone hits a shot at the goal - "unbelievable jeff".
Oh do f**k off you boring ****

Big smile
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 12:23pm
Do people still watch it? The BBC show is far better, especially if Garth Crooks is trying to sound important elsewhere.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:26pm
Who changed my signature?

I don't like the creepy welsh man who does the BBC final score. Plus it doesn't come on until the second half most weeks, unless behind the red button

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:49pm
They are quick on here to change peoples signature LOL  kants
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:19pm

I don't like the creepy welsh man who does the BBC final score. Plus it doesn't come on until the second half most weeks, unless behind the red button

LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:46pm

Jason Mohammad? I don't mind him at all. It is on the website in plenty time, I never flick it on until half-time anyway.

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 Aug 2017 at 3:46pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:51pm
Paddy suffers from stockholm Syndrome. Needs to feel love from John Bull

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 8:29pm

A mod can't change their own Title. That **** MCG gave me my sh*te Phil Collins one, although I had a look at his crap one and that was me LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:36am
Yet again the GAA lads cant talk about their own sport without conparing it to football. Paddy always has to mention soccer.

Eamonn Sweeney of The Independent writing a typical parochial self indulgent piece of tripe. Comparing the hurling final to the Irish football team.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/eamonn-sweeney-have-you-ever-seen-a-starker-contrast-between-sports-than-the-hurling-final-and-irelands-qualifiers-36116885.html

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Yet again the GAA lads cant talk about their own sport without conparing it to football. Paddy always has to mention soccer.

Eamonn Sweeney of The Independent writing a typical parochial self indulgent piece of tripe. Comparing the hurling final to the Irish football team.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/eamonn-sweeney-have-you-ever-seen-a-starker-contrast-between-sports-than-the-hurling-final-and-irelands-qualifiers-36116885.html

"So it’s unfair to compare soccer with hurling. The first is a game, the second an art. And like all great art, it ennobles not just the creator but the connoisseur"

Oh my f**king life!!

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:46am
Why don't they compare hurling to rugby, swimming, golf or formula 1?
Why's it always football just that it's compared to every August and September?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 11:13am

Why don't they compare hurling to rugby, swimming, golf or formula 1?
Why's it always football just that it's compared to every August and September?

The answer is simple. Insecurity. They are all wannabe footballers. So many parts of GAA have copied football. These are the type of fellas that hand hurleys to Obama, Trudeau and the likes. Look at us and our parish games arent we great. Tell us how great we are. If you wont tell us we will tell ourselves. Its for reasons like this that some GAA fans no doubt high up in AIB paid big bucks to get Jeff and Kammy over to see their games. Its pathetic tbh. Sweeney goes on about excitement etc. Fair enough but basketball is a fast game and has higher scoring that hurling yet I dont hear basketball people rave about how its better than football or NFL or Skiing etc..

If you like hurling grand. Keep it to yourself and enjoy it. I personally think its only ok to watch. Wouldnt be mad about it at all.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 11:16am
They're comparing the best of one sport to the worst of another
Georgia v Ireland was as bad a game as you'll see.

There are plenty of good football games and boring hurling games. Its pointless comparing sports.

I also don't get why, if they're going to compare their sports to others, they never compare the GAA to rugby, which is as unskilled and boring a sport as you will find in my opinion. Perhaps its because gaelic football teams have tried to emulate rugby players in so many ways over the last few years

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 11 Sep 2017 at 11:17am
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 11:38am

Two points.

1) At the heart of why the comparison always centres on football for the GAA folk, it really comes down to money and jealousy. It's an easy sell to push the angle of the dedicated amateur, living in your community, training on wintry morning before work all for the love of the game. And fair play to them by the way. 
This is versus the image of the modern international footballer. A millionaire early in life, living abroad in an ivory tower, inaccessible to the public. A mercenary gun for hire to the highest bidder. Uncaring about the supporters. Blah blah blah. Footballers are not to blame for market conditions so it always seems like a silly argument to me. 

2) We live in a global society. The internet has been around for a long time and the world is a much smaller place. If GAA is so good then how come it's not played abroad to any significant level? Look at the uptake of UFC in a fairly short space of time. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 11 Sep 2017 at 11:38am
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic