You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 57>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

this place is gas PNE have given plenty of Irish lads a decent chance where others didn’t.
Millwall were being hounded on here for playing hoof ball and they were at fault for Parrotts poor form.

If our lads went out and did the business they would be playing 

Come off it. There are as many quick to blame the Irish player as the English club. Plenty. "This place is gas" when people are queuing up to write Parrott off and saying he's over-hyped. The hype merchants aren't as loud as the write off merchants. And what's worse than the write off merchants are those shoving green tinted glasses onto everyone's faces so that they can laugh at them. 
Come off what?

Sponsored Links

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:02pm
Needs a loan move to someone like Queen's Park.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I'm getting the feeling Molumby is showing that his level is that of an average championship player.

In the last 7 games for a bang average Preston team he's played 90mins once. Not got off the bench in 4 of the 7 games.

Last seven games look 

1. Bench 
2. 1 minute played 
3. Played 90 mins (team lost)
4. Bench
5. Bench 
6. 45mins played (team lost)
7. Today's games - bench 

Even with Browne suspended he can't get some minutes from the bench today despite Preston making 5 substitutes he wasn't one of them.

The competition in midfield is not that great at Preston he's been given chances and he's not taking them. 

I hope im wrong bit I don't feel hes going to be a big player for us.

So a spell out of the Preston team is enough to write him off? You know he's only 21 and did well at Millwall last season? Have you ever heard of a young players experiencing peaks and troughs? 

The game he played 45 mins they played with 10 men. I think Alex Neil has been poor. Wholesale changes every second game and nothing working for him . I don’t think Molumby has been given a fair run . He played one big game for Brighton early in the season against a decent Man Utd line up and for me he looked very comfortable in that company and I’m not looking thru green tinted glasses . Not happening for Parrott though but he’s still young 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 9:08pm
I wouldn’t give up on Molumby yet and do think he will be a top flight footballer in the next 5/6 years. Preston are a strange fish the manager has always been one to make constant changes etc. 

He’s still getting more game time then what he got at Brighton. There’s no player at Preston covering themselves in glory at the moment. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 3:29pm
Alex Neil leaves Preston. Really hope this will see Molumby have a better impact on the team.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Alex Neil leaves Preston. Really hope this will see Molumby have a better impact on the team.

Alex Neil has been good from an Irish standpoint. Lots of Irish players have got good game time under him. If Molumby hasn't been playing, then maybe he isn't showing enough in training.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 3:48pm
Glad to see, thought hes been a spoofer for years, though people on here seem to think hes working miraclesLOL

Edited by djhegzy - 21 Mar 2021 at 3:48pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 4:16pm
Preston have a surfeit of midfield players; sure their captain, Browne, is often shoehorned into a right wingback/fullback position.

I think Neil expected Johnson and Browne to leave.

And don't forget, he did try to sign Molumby on a permanent. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 4:31pm
They did lose Pearson, possibly their best midfielder, and Davies at the back. Low budget team, whoever replaces Neil will have his work cut out.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 4:32pm
I was reading on the PNE fans forum that he's done alright but the manager doesn't really know where is best position is, and because of this has been out of the team.

Fresh start now with Neil gone.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

They did lose Pearson, possibly their best midfielder, and Davies at the back. Low budget team, whoever replaces Neil will have his work cut out.

Really good player is Pearson. Always looked like PNE's best player whenever I watched them.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:45pm
I can't recall 1 single moment of him being on the ball in that first half 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

You may get that looked at.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 24 Mar 2021 at 8:46pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Were you watching the Ireland game?
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 10:13pm
Plenty of energy and endeavour from him tonight. Closed the space well and looked good with Cullen. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 10:22pm
Cullen (24) browne (25) molumby (21) Knight (20) smallbone (21) 

Already better options than hourihane, hendrick, Brady, mcclean.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 10:27pm
Id add Gavin Kilkenny to that list too. A beautiful  ball player that hopefully gets a good run of games next season.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 4:56pm
My thinking on the importance of getting our young players experienced in the senior team as soon as possible can be exemplified with Molumby.

I've watched him in the u21s, for Millwall and Preston and I've always thought he took too much time to pass the ball, although physical he would be guilty of standing off opposition players and just slowed the game down too much.

Yesterday, although I still think he wasn't amazing, he was much quicker in passing and added a lot more urgency to his general game.

Hes not ready for senior football yet but I feel short term pain will be long term gain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 57>
  Share Topic