Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Don't forget McGeady, who had his moments today. He's not done yet and remains one of the most naturally gifted players we've ever had, even if he has struggled to produce his best for Ireland over the years. Up to SK now to decide whether he still has a swan song to deliver.

He did alright in behind Charlton's strikers in the 2nd half, wasn't involved much as a winger in the 1st though. At 34 it's late in the day for him, but given we don't have a huge amount of attacking midfielders its not completely out of the question if he plays there regularly.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 10:34am
The ship has sailed for McGeady, surely it's time to start bringing through some of these youngsters.

Apart from Coleman and Randolph, you should be looking past players over 30, at least in the NL.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:12am
If they're he best option, pick them regardless of age. McGeady hasn't played enough as an attacking mid to suggest he is the best option yet, but if he stays in the Championship next season and does well there then it wouldn't make any sense to simply ignore him.
We're decent enough..
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

If they're he best option, pick them regardless of age. McGeady hasn't played enough as an attacking mid to suggest he is the best option yet, but if he stays in the Championship next season and does well there then it wouldn't make any sense to simply ignore him.

He can be the new Glenn Whelan!!

Edited by 50%lesssugar&salt - 04 Jul 2020 at 11:45am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:03pm
We still have the old Glenn Whelan LOLLOL
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 3:11pm
Molumby still very rash in the tackle and I reckon the manager was afraid to gamble on him getting a red and that’s why he took him off.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:12pm
I would imagine this endears him to the Millwall fans. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:47pm
Molumby is all action and tends to play on the edge though, so if you reign in that side of his game too much he wouldn't be the same player he is?

He will no doubt get cuter and learn the older he gets by picking his battles i.e. not trying to take man and ball every tackle, especially if he's playing in The Premiership next season also. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Was looking forward to seeing Cullen and Molumby tonight. 
I didn’t think Molumby was Millwalls least effective player. I think he was taken off as he was booked and can still be a bit rash. I still think he will be a really good player. Josh Cullen has been just ok

Exactly. If you've got 9 players on the bench and can make 5 substitutions why would you take the risk? Sensible management from Rowett, and it paid off with the win.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 2:11pm
On the bench again today. Not good, he hasn't been going to well sense the restart.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 2:52pm
Agree, its disappointing that he's on the bench again... 

Is anyone aware of what the circumstances of his loan are? Is he staying a Millwall next season? Might have something to do with his current omissions or maybe he's just not hit form after the break 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:00pm
There's a high turnover of games at the moment and it could just be that they're managing his fitness.

He came back from an extremely serious career-threatening injury where his knee had to be rebuilt from hamstring ligament. In a way he's done well to have played the amount of games that he has.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 4:26pm
had a long enough rest since March though you'd think but he's been left out consistently the last few games so not just rotation 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:13pm
He has been one of Milwalls best players this year. Its all down to fitness. He's a very honest lad so it is easy to see when he is just not fit.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:26pm
Don’t think it’s a fitness issue. I get the feeling the manager has lost a bit of faith in him. He brought him off the bench in a few games and he didn’t work out great. Millwall brought their 5 subs on today and still left Jayson on the bench... I still think he’s gonna be a great player and this experience will make him work harder at his overall game and it will stand to him 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Don’t think it’s a fitness issue. I get the feeling the manager has lost a bit of faith in him. He brought him off the bench in a few games and he didn’t work out great. Millwall brought their 5 subs on today and still left Jayson on the bench... I still think he’s gonna be a great player and this experience will make him work harder at his overall game and it will stand to him 

I watched a fair number of their games and he got taken off last week because he was booked and he is a bit headless tackling some times. The championship schedule is a drain on the legs. He has been poor in general last few games like all their small squad. He was at fault for the penalty the other day too. He hasnt been covering the same ground stats wise either so I presume he is just leggy and carrying knocks. wasn't moving great. reminded me of the under 21 game where he came off at HT aswell. I have no worries about him he is a proper baller :)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:59pm
Young player dropped for a couple of matches = panic stations.
Young player gets back into the starting 11 after a couple of weeks = all is well again.

Rinse and repeat....
We're decent enough..
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 6:16pm
over hearing his interview on OTB 

Is he not from Waterford ??, seems to have a dublin accent 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 57>
  Share Topic